Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

I see Zelalem could be following Gnabry out the door. Talk of a move for Nzonzi. Might add a bit of backbone to our midfield

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal/arsenal-transfer-news-steven-nzonzi-linked-with-gunners-move-jack-wilshere-in-line-for-new-deal-35335590.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I see Zelalem could be following Gnabry out the door. Talk of a move for Nzonzi. Might add a bit of backbone to our midfield

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal/arsenal-transfer-news-steven-nzonzi-linked-with-gunners-move-jack-wilshere-in-line-for-new-deal-35335590.html

I'd like to see Jack coming back. He's playing very well again.

I'd like to see Jack coming back. He's playing very well again.

He'll probably resort to type (chandelier) when he returns. Strange he is getting a run of games going since he went on loan. He is been singled out for rough challenges at Arsenal from opponents because there is no one man enough at the club to get 'retribution' on the bully boys. The days of Vieira, Petit (later Gilberto), Adams, Keown, Romford Pele....no one dared bully us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tomorrow's team selection will be interesting. Ramsey Coquelin could be the midfield duo. Wonder whether Mustafi will come in for Gabriel? With 2 clean sheets Wenger may hold off on bringing him in. Hopefully Arsene gets the balance right with Bournemouth having had an extra days rest. Substitutions will be crucial too.

So at the half-way point in the season we have 40 points from 19 games.
    We dropped 17 points and a lot from winning positions.. We are 9 behind Chelsea and have to visit them. We also have to visit Liverpool and Spurs.

I know we can mathematically win the league but is there anyone who thinks we can realistically win it from here? I'd say the odds on us winning from here would be very big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

mansize wrote: »
    Roisky againat Spurs too

We dropped 17 points and a lot from winning positions.. We are 9 behind Chelsea and have to visit them. We also have to visit Liverpool and Spurs.

I know we can mathematically win the league but is there anyone who thinks we can realistically win it from here? I'd say the odds on us winning from here would be very big.
    Chelsea's amazing run makes it very unlikely. All we can do is keep winning matches and see where that leads us.

AdamD wrote: »
    Wilshere team goal for me. Out of this world

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea's amazing run makes it very unlikely. All we can do is keep winning matches and see where that leads us.

We actually need Spurs to beat them tomorrow and then beat both away ourselves. Anything less and I can't see us closing the gap.

• Advertisement

We actually need Spurs to beat them tomorrow and then beat both away ourselves. Anything less and I can't see us closing the gap.

Not a hope. What was promising a few weeks ago has turned to shít in the blink of an eye.

Johnny Logans 1980 Eurovision winning entry should become the club anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't think they'll go on to win without a huge run similar to Chelsea's current one. Odds on Arsenal at the moment are 11/1 or about 9%

the league's gone lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The league was never there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

We are mathematically still in with a shout, but when the pressure is on I still don't trust this team. The big games we have been underwhelming in apart from the Chelsea game. It's frustrating as I think the talent is there, they just don't show it in the big games, whether that's just a tactical or mental thing. I don't know.

I'm worried also about the Bournemouth game tomorrow, will be tough to go there and get a result. At least Jack Wilshere won't be playing.:)

We are mathematically still in with a shout, but when the pressure is on I still don't trust this team. The big games we have been underwhelming in apart from the Chelsea game. It's frustrating as I think the talent is there, they just don't show it in the big games, whether that's just a tactical or mental thing. I don't know.

I'm worried also about the Bournemouth game tomorrow, will be tough to go there and get a result. At least Jack Wilshere won't be playing.:)
    I think we'll win that game quite easily. They play football and can be quite open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not considered a fool by my peers, and I don't for one minute think we will win the league. We'd have to go on a Chelsea-esque run (very improbable) and they would have to have a bad run through injuries etc (probable), and even if we did go close, we historically cock up against a Sunderland or a similar team.

But I don't for one minute think this is a foregone conclusion at all. I think we'll be "in the title race" until April at least. It all depends if Chelsea continue this rich vein, or if another of the challengers goes on such a crazy run... I think we're a better team than last year, sadly so are a lot of our competitors!

I think we'll win that game quite easily. They play football and can be quite open.

Oh no...

The dreaded 'Tayto kiss of death'!!!

Yeah hope so. Just wary of the short turnaround of games, although it was a relative stroll yesterday. A must win anyway, keep the deficit below 10 points and you just never know.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Oh no...

The dreaded 'Tayto kiss of death'!!!
    Not a chance. I have it down to a fine art. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

We should be slaughtering Bournemouth,they are a poor mans Arsenal.
    I'd love to see a near perfect performance but I'll gladly take 3 pts and move on.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    We should be slaughtering Bournemouth,they are a poor mans Arsenal.
    I'd love to see a near perfect performance but I'll gladly take 3 pts and move on.

As long as we don't do a Liverpool against them, I'd be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Basil3 wrote: »
    As long as we don't do a Liverpool against them, I'd be happy.

Oh fcuk,please no.
    It will be a meltdown among us fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I was confident we'd mount a challenge this season but the old familiar failings will stop us. ****ting ourselves in the big away games, bottling at the first hint of pressure. This team is mentally incapable.

I see Draxler has gone to PSG, I reckon we were after him for a while.

Xhaka is still very young and just finding his feet in the EPL. Once he becomes properly established I'm hoping he can provide the mental strength to carry the team through difficult situations. Hopeful that Mustafi can do the same too.

Xhaka was exceptional on Sunday I felt. His passing was brilliant mixing simple with expansive. I know this is tempered by the opposition, but it was very encouraging none the less. I think he has been a great addition to the team.

Some interesting articles creeping out about Jack Wilshere too, on the phone so posting links is too labour filled!! Google is your friend for them!

• Advertisement

Xhaka was exceptional on Sunday I felt. His passing was brilliant mixing simple with expansive. I know this is tempered by the opposition, but it was very encouraging none the less. I think he has been a great addition to the team.

Some interesting articles creeping out about Jack Wilshere too, on the phone so posting links is too labour filled!! Google is your friend for them!

It's not that hard to say what the articles are about?

You're talking about no contract extension talks, or something else?

No, about him getting lots of game time and improving all the time and a big decision about whether he's just a big fish in a small pond or whether he's actually gotten very good. It also mentions Arsenal have a decision to make about his future coming soon!

Just finished listening to Arsecast extra and they talk about him too. Have to say, love listening to that show, some great insight!

No, about him getting lots of game time and improving all the time and a big decision about whether he's just a big fish in a small pond or whether he's actually gotten very good. It also mentions Arsenal have a decision to make about his future coming soon!

Just finished listening to Arsecast extra and they talk about him too. Have to say, love listening to that show, some great insight!

I can't say I watch a lot of Bournemouth, but I wasn't too impressed with him in the last match of theirs I saw. Anything good he did was far outweighed by him giving the ball away cheaply, or dribbling/turning into trouble.

I think we do miss someone who can drive at defence with ball at feet, though. I hope he does come back.

2 changes from last game. Mustafi is back replacing Gabriel and Ramsey is in for Perez. No Ozil in the squad again.

Delighted Kostafi is back

Our team once more in text form: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Alexis, Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will it be Iwobi or Ramsey playing behind the striker I wonder , I felt Iwobi was poor enough the other day anytime we broke he slowed down the attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

2 changes from last game. Mustafi is back replacing Gabriel and Ramsey is in for Perez. No Ozil in the squad again.

Coquelin for Elmo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Great Mustafi is back. One of our most important players.

Better win this. No messing today. Get the poxy job done, even if it takes more propesterous overheard backheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Serious lack of pace in that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Looked at the lineup. Looks fairly unambitious.

1-0 or 1-1 draw on the cards here.

See you in 90'

• Advertisement

Looked at the lineup. Looks fairly unambitious.

1-0 or 1-1 draw on the cards here.

See you in 90'

They don't really have many options at the moment with the players available. Should still have the quality to do the job.

That's a penalty imho

We are back to not pressing. Can't understand our tactics at all.
    Cech not inspiring me with confidence either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's been coming we've looked ragged as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Bellerin at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Woeful defending ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Bellerin at fault

Bellerins man is the winger. Where's Iwobi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Bellerins man is the winger. Where's Iwobi?

Open his body out he sees the man back post, and his woeful attempt at tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well that was sh*te.

Oliver you know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ha brilliant!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement