Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Still no urgency about this team.
    Maybe they think they're 2 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's what I get for working and not being able to check the score apart from here.

No offense, but you had a lot to say about tracking and passing for a person who doesn't even watch the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Nobody willing to make runs in behind and no one willing to make the positive passes, to happy to get it sideways and backwards

Poor from Iwobi. Was he afraid of getting hurt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Body language of some of the players is that we're beaten already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The annual title challenge collapsing early into a battle for 4th is almost complete. At least we all know how it finishes, 3rd or 4th is in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Iwobi sh*t at passing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Poor from Iwobi. Was he afraid of getting hurt?

Think he's another Walcott or ox. Hope I'm proved wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Iwobi is quality. Not his fault players like Ramsey, Ox and Giroud offer no movement whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Arsenal limp as fcuk without Santi and Özil

Ramsey- get in the sea
    Xhaka get in the sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

omega man wrote: »
    Think he's another Walcott or ox. Hope I'm proved wrong....

Too many of these average players at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

AdamD wrote: »
    Iwobi is quality. Not his fault players like Ramsey, Ox and Giroud offer no movement whatsoever.

The first goal was completely on Iwobi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

wonski wrote: »
    No offense, but you had a lot to say about tracking and passing for a person who doesn't even watch the game...

I have it here on mobdro and I'm seeing it 20 seconds at a time.

Let me give out damnit.

Bellerin was beaten at ease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The annual title challenge collapsing early into a battle for 4th is almost complete. At least we all know how it finishes, 3rd or 4th is in the bag.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.
    Everything go right for Spurs and United at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We didn't approach this game in the right manner. Not pressing from the off and standing off them.
    That's down to the manager.

Wenger is a fool, he stumbled across an attacking approach built on speed of attack with Sanchez performing as one of the most dangerous CFs in the league and what does he do? Slowly return us to the same tippy tappy approach that has failed us year after year and pushes our most dangerous attached out wide.

He is failing us year after year and if this isn't his last I give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bellerin was poor for it. Gave there man a few miles of space.

Bellerin was beaten at ease

But Bellerin was having to watch Fraser and Daniels - a full back, so should have a winger tracking him. Where was Iwobi? In central midfield for some reason, not doing his job.

You need a football brain too which I doubt he has.

• Advertisement

You watching the same game? Who was bellerin marking? No one ! decided to mark 15 yards of empty space and give Daniels 30 yards to play with and round him with ease

Are we even surprised with this muck anymore? Bournemouth beating us up a stick. In Wenger we trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Rubbish first half. No real response after going two down, should be a cakewalk for Bournemouth from here.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You watching the same game? Who was bellerin marking? No one ! decided to mark 15 yards of empty space and give Daniels 30 yards to play with and round him with ease

Ryan Fraser is who Bellerin was marking, fullbacks don't mark fullbacks. He can't do two jobs at once.

So 45 mins to somehow salvage this.

Anything less than 3 points and we're officially out of the title race on January 3rd. Depressing.

Anything less than 3 points and we're officially out of the title race on January 3rd. Depressing.
    We were out of it before Christmas in reality.

• Advertisement

We are out of the title race long ago. Stop deluding yourself like the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

mentality issue for me. Players feeling sorry for themselves having to play 2 games in 3 days. It's pathetic

Bournemouth are playing well but they've been gifted 2 goals. We are offering very little up front. Some mind shift needed if this is going to change.

Ryan Fraser is who Bellerin was marking, fullbacks don't mark fullbacks. He can't do two jobs at once.

So when Fraser went across the pitch, the ball doesn't get switched for about 10 seconds and he is still marking space, doesn't once look over his shoulder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bournemouth seem to be playing with 11 men behind the ball...

and somehow another 3 or 4 in front of it.

Sorry for interrupting all the wailing here, but they have been very good.

So when Fraser went across the pitch, the ball doesn't get switched for about 10 seconds and he is still marking space, doesn't once look over his shoulder

Bellerin was a bit weak in the challenge sure, but I'm not sure how you're defending Iwobi here. The fullback he's supposed to track is marauding up the pitch and he's faffing around in the middle of the park?

• Advertisement

We are out of the title race long ago. Stop deluding yourself like the manager.

I was trying to be optimistic. Otherwise I wouldn't bother watching us until he's gone.

greendom wrote: »
    mentality issue for me. Players feeling sorry for themselves having to play 2 games in 3 days. It's pathetic

Bournemouth are playing well but they've been gifted 2 goals. We are offering very little up front. Some mind shift needed if this is going to change.

It is mentality alright but it's not to do with Xmas games, we've had this for years. We haven't had a shot at Boric in 45 minutes. You can see the mentality of the players they gave up when we went one down

Guys, Bournemouth have peppered our goal. We are an embarrassment. Stop making excuses

You need a football brain too which I doubt he has.

Iwobi isn't comparable at all to those players. He definitely has a footballing brain. Not overly athletic though. Giving him full blame for the goal is moronic too, regardless of who's man it was Bellerin was pathetic in the resulting 1v1.

Bellerin was a bit weak in the challenge sure, but I'm not sure how you're defending Iwobi here. The fullback he's supposed to track is marauding up the pitch and he's faffing around in the middle of the park?

I'm not defending iwobi, he was on the opposite side, Ramsey was the one who should have been covering, but bellerin no1 culprit

Ramsey was more at fault than anyone. He was ball-watching and should have moved over to cover.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Bournemouth seem to be playing with 11 men behind the ball...

and somehow another 3 or 4 in front of it.

Sorry for interrupting all the wailing here, but they have been very good.

It's not about wailing, Bournemouth haven't been anything special at all, we have just been pure ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

In Wenger we rust.

greendom wrote: »

A good place to start would be putting a shot on goal.

I was trying to be optimistic. Otherwise I wouldn't bother watching us until he's gone.

Do yourself a favour and don't bother. Optimism died in 2006.

• Advertisement

That's what I've opted for.

I'm not defending iwobi, he was on the opposite side, Ramsey was the one who should have been covering, but bellerin no1 culprit
    Iwobi started on the right side, if they changed position then yeah it's Ramsey's problem, maybe a total lack of communication which wouldn't surprise me.

I might even have to tune in to the poisonous AFTV tonight for the meltdown.

Iwobi hat-trick incoming

Iwobi hat-trick incoming

Miss.
    Yellow card.
    Substituted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Iwobi hat-trick incoming
    I'll have what you're smoking.

Sanchez looks as if he's had enough.

Bad call linesman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Who could blame him? That said, he's been pretty poxy himself tonight, constantly giving the ball away. I'd say his pass completion percentage has tanked tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

He was like that in the last game which we were winning 2-0 in fairness but who could blame him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement