Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The invincibles is the only one I care about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quazzie wrote: »
    Spurs win for me. Don't want us to lose another record tonight.

There ya go!

Quazzie wrote: »
    Spurs win for me. Don't want us to lose another record tonight.

A draw would end the run too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mansize wrote: »
    A draw would end the run too

I'd rather they lost and followed that up with a couple more losses. League is gone for Arsenal but still don't want Chelsea to win it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Made the point a few weeks ago about Chelsea defence not holding up against teams with good forwards

There's 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

As it stands we'll be fifth ffs. Not sure how some here want Spurs to win.

Also throw in the added bonus of giving the scousers title belief too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

omega man wrote: »

Let Tottenham enjoy being in fourth position, completely forgetting that that's the position they have mocked Arsenal about for the last couple of years.

It's half-way through the season. Our position does't matter. Our points relative to each team is what counts.

Edit: By the way, I think this could be a turning point for chelsea. They might be coming out of their peak spell - with a shaky game against Stoke and now Tottenham. A few results could change things.

Nice reception for Cesc!!! Probably the most disliked footballer in London outside of Stamford bridge.

Spurs have been impressive tonight, Delle Alli's stock rising again. 2 good goals, and the Chelsea defence were hopelessly exposed. I hope you're correct DarraghF

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Nice reception for Cesc!!! Probably the most disliked footballer in London outside of Stamford bridge.

Spurs have been impressive tonight, Delle Alli's stock rising again. 2 good goals,
    and the Chelsea defence were hopelessly exposed. I hope you're correct DarraghF

Thats enough now Emmet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

omega man wrote: »

Still only 20 games in. I'd rather be 5th and 8 points from the top, than 4th and 11 points from the top at this stage of the season. It's infuriating how our last 5 matches have gone, three points more from them games than we have now and we would have been right up there in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

I don't see how anyone here would have wanted anything other than a Spurs win. I much rather us having a slim chance of contesting the title rather than no chance at all. Spurs defensive system is very impressive.

The Stamford bridge game on Feb 4th no doubt will be huge...prob go out & lose 5-0 🙄

Thats enough now Emmet :pac:

I apologise. I have no excuse for this behaviour, but I promise it won't happen again! :D

By the way, thank you Spurs for helping us defend our record of winning streak in the premier league!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Seriously comments like wanting Chelsea to win, league is lost etc.
    Personally I wouldn't be backing Arsenal to win the league but we still clearly have a chance of winning the league.
    Another Chelsea loss and Arsenal win would put the gap at 5 points with nearly have the season left.
    Even Man Utd fans could say that they still have an outside title chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

vetinari wrote: »
    Seriously comments like wanting Chelsea to win, league is lost etc.
    Personally I wouldn't be backing Arsenal to win the league but we still clearly have a chance of winning the league.
    Another Chelsea loss and Arsenal win would put the gap at 5 points with nearly have the season left.
    Even Man Utd fans could say that they still have an outside title chance.

That you Arsene???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lads stop thinking we can win the league. We do it every year to ourselves only to crumble when we get back in with a sniff at the business end of the season.

Only 8 pts in it now, get our act together and we might have a chance of ****ing it up in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Exactly! Where's the fun in continually saying the title challenge is over.
    Save that for when we're 15 points plus back.

Chelsea fans might be feeling a bit Delecate...

Probably a bit Alder the Weathereld.

Kante feel sorry for them.

Credit to Spurs, they Rose to the occasion.

I think it would be Llorisible to clutter a match report with puns.

They thought they would Walker the league.

I'd Hazard a guess, I Kante see this Costaing them the title.

Sure, they lost, but the situation's not exactly Dier.

Maybe they have Dierhoea

these puns are going Vertongandonandon

(thanks to Guardian commenters)

• Advertisement

vetinari wrote: »
    Exactly! Where's the fun in continually saying the title challenge is over.
    Save that for when we're 15 points plus back.

It's purely so they can say 'I told you so', and link back to when they made the big call that we wouldn't win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

People who say the league is over know that of course we can still win the league. 8 points is nothing at this stage and we know every team goes through bad phases.

The issue is, even if we were 8 points ahead at the top at this stage, i tihnk most of us still know/believe we would still fück it up, so trying to hold onto belief when we're 8 points behind is obviously difficult given our past.

I recognise we can clearly still win the league and by some margin, but do I think we will? No chance. It has nothing to do with wanting to keep the option of sayinh "HA i told you so" when we dont win it open, its just an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This is why football fans are awesome. Still clinging on to the hope that miracles happen. God speed lads, God speed.

*There's absolutely no hope of us winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea fans might be feeling a bit Delecate...

Probably a bit Alder the Weathereld.

Kante feel sorry for them.

Credit to Spurs, they Rose to the occasion.

I think it would be Llorisible to clutter a match report with puns.

They thought they would Walker the league.

I'd Hazard a guess, I Kante see this Costaing them the title.

Sure, they lost, but the situation's not exactly Dier.

Maybe they have Dierhoea

these puns are going Vertongandonandon

(thanks to Guardian commenters)

Chelsea fan in responding out of Courtroisy...

Some Arsenal fans Ramsey they can't win the league, that's it's too much of an uphill battle. but i believe it's an O-Cahill really and truly.

Keep Holding belief I say, you may hit the Giroud running from now until the end do the season.

/I'll get me coat

Jesus Christ

WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

The league absolutely isn't over. But anyone who seriously thinks there's a chance Arsenal will win it hasn't learnt anything from the past 10 seasons or so. Last season Arsenal finished second but at no point was there a serious title challenge, nor will there be this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just had a look at the fixtures. Jan & Feb should be a good opportunity to close the gap, if we turn up at Stamford Bridge with a plan.

I hate saying this, but it's poxy Man U who worry me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just had a look at the fixtures. Jan & Feb should be a good opportunity to close the gap, if we turn up at Stamford Bridge with a plan.

I hate saying this, but it's poxy Man U who worry me now.

Win our next 4 games and we are only 5 points off the top, easy. :)

Yeah Man Utd are on an impressive win streak, but when you look at who they beat it's not as impressive as it sounds. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but they will have harder tests upcoming. They beat Spurs in a close game. Followed by away wins against Palace, West Brom, home against Sunderland, Middlesbrough and then West Ham away in the last game.

Will be an interesting game between them and Liverpool next week, will know more about them after that game.

• Advertisement

It's also worth remembering that the two games we lost recently (not forgiving the performances by any stretch) were two oof the toughest in the season.

Very few other teams will come away from City & Everton with good results.

We will not win the league

It's the UCL lads 🤗🤗🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sanchez seems unhappy at the moment which of course was very apparent during and after the Bournemouth game.

Hopefully it's down to his sheer desire to win and not because he wants out.

Meant to have signed this kid Cohen Bramall? (Apologies if someone has posted this already) 20 years old coming from non league Hedneford Town. Couple of links online. Was spotted training at our ground yesterday (allegedly)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/575552/Cohen-Bramall-Arsenal-transfer-news

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/04/cohen-bramall-pictured-in-arsenal-training-ahead-of-imminent-transfer-move-6360256/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Without resparking the Wenger in/out argument it would be interesting to know whether players like Sanchez and Ozil would be insistent on Wenger staying now, as he was a large part of the reason they came in the first place. If we missed out on CL would they be gone for sure?

The Chelsea team stayed but they'd just won the league the year previously and there was always going to be substantial reinvestment there as well as a new management team.

Yeah domrush, a very interesting time. Although my gut feeling is that Wenger is going to sign a new contract for maybe 2 more years and then announce that it will be his last, so taking Alexis and Ozil up to the end of their contracts, or there about.

I'm not happy, but what can I do about it. I don't go over often enough to campaign about it over there.

I'm just ready for change now, and I used to defend Arsene regularly up until last year, as I felt he deserved time with cash to splash as opposed to the barren years. I thoroughly enjoyed the FA cup wins, but we won nothing last year, spent a lot on players and look like we'll win nothing of note this year (at least, that's what our form suggests)! Our team just have not moved on as we hoped they would, and I actually felt at season starting that we would be on a different level to last year. Our half term report states otherwise.

• Advertisement

When I go over I'll go on Arsenal Fan tv blud, and tell them fam, that Wenger is the best thing fam, that ever happened this club, blud

When I go over I'll go on Arsenal Fan tv blud, and tell them fam, that Wenger is the best thing fam, that ever happened this club, blud

Thanks for the update.

Bloody Arsenal fan tv.

Do other clubs have similar b*llocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Have you not got a Facebook account you can post this to or is this place your personal dumpster.

Have you not got a Facebook account you can post this to or is this place your personal dumpster.

You relax will ye?

Jesus.

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Yeah domrush, a very interesting time. Although my gut feeling is that Wenger is going to sign a new contract for maybe 2 more years and then announce that it will be his last, so taking Alexis and Ozil up to the end of their contracts, or there about.

I'm not happy, but what can I do about it. I don't go over often enough to campaign about it over there.

I'm just ready for change now, and I used to defend Arsene regularly up until last year, as I felt he deserved time with cash to splash as opposed to the barren years. I thoroughly enjoyed the FA cup wins, but we won nothing last year, spent a lot on players and look like we'll win nothing of note this year (at least, that's what our form suggests)! Our team just have not moved on as we hoped they would, and I actually felt at season starting that we would be on a different level to last year. Our half term report states otherwise.

The mans ego knows no bounds if he does sign a new contract. It will serve no purpose whatsoever. And damn the useless idiots on the board for offering him one.

Arsenals original motto was 'Forward'. How ironic that looks now

Bloody Arsenal fan tv.

Do other clubs have similar b*llocks?

The regular ranters seem to think they are celebrities which kind of turned me off to be honest. The likes of Memz and Mo Haider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You know say what you like about Arsenal Fan TV, some of them are ****ing painful to listen to but there is one fella who is on it every week DT his name is and everything he says every week is pretty much on point with what a lot of us are saying here week in week out and I always tune in to see what he says after every game

I still can't believe Giroud's bollocks acting after the goal the other night twice the Ox tried to drag him away to get up to the centre circle and twice Olly shrugged him off so he could go and celebrate , and I bet was roasted in the dressing room afterwards and that's why he was so quite in the post match interview afterwards

It's also worth remembering that the two games we lost recently (not forgiving the performances by any stretch) were two oof the toughest in the season.

Very few other teams will come away from City & Everton with good results.

No issue with losing but big issue when we down tools and refuse to scrap. No excuses in that case. In both games we were practically told, fúck off down the road and we complied. We made James McCarthy look as good as Roy Keane.

You know say what you like about Arsenal Fan TV, some of them are ****ing painful to listen to but there is one fella who is on it every week DT his name is and everything he says every week is pretty much on point with what a lot of us are saying here week in week out and I always tune in to see what he says after every game

I still can't believe Giroud's bollocks acting after the goal the other night twice the Ox tried to drag him away to get up to the centre circle and twice Olly shrugged him off so he could go and celebrate , and I bet was roasted in the dressing room afterwards and that's why he was so quite in the post match interview afterwards

I think Giroud is being made a bit of a scapegoat, yeah he got caught up in the moment but the fact is Bournemouth were gonna take their time getting up the pitch to take tip after the equaliser. They weren't exactly going to run up to get the match started.

People complaining about 30 seconds he wasted, the whole team wasted 70 mins which is worse in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The mans ego knows no bounds if he does sign a new contract. It will serve no purpose whatsoever. And damn the useless idiots on the board for offering him one.

I wouldnt be surprised if its already signed and they are just waiting for our 10 game unbeaten run before they announce.

I'm dreading the thought of another 2 years under Wenger.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I think Giroud is being made a bit of a scapegoat, yeah he got caught up in the moment but the fact is Bournemouth were gonna take their time getting up the pitch to take tip after the equaliser. They weren't exactly going to run up to get the match started.

People complaining about 30 seconds he wasted, the whole team wasted 70 mins which is worse in my eyes

Completely agree. Jeez Giroud has won us some amount of points this season with his goals. People are just aching to have a cut at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Meant to have signed this kid Cohen Bramall? (Apologies if someone has posted this already) 20 years old coming from non league Hedneford Town. Couple of links online. Was spotted training at our ground yesterday (allegedly)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/575552/Cohen-Bramall-Arsenal-transfer-news

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/04/cohen-bramall-pictured-in-arsenal-training-ahead-of-imminent-transfer-move-6360256/

This signals huge intent from the club. I have no doubt in my mind Sanchez and Ozil will sign new deals upon hearing this news!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This signals huge intent from the club. I have no doubt in my mind Sanchez and Ozil will sign new deals upon hearing this news!!!

Yep...

Gringo180 wrote: »

:D

Rumour has it that the two came to fisticuffs over a biro at the training ground today upon hearing the news that young Cohen Bramall is going to be signed up from gigantic Hednesford Town. They then pestered Bramall for a lend of his biro simultaneously before staring menacingly at each other and then proceeding to fight over who was going to be in a selfie with Cohen first

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement