Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I think Giroud is being made a bit of a scapegoat, yeah he got caught up in the moment but the fact is Bournemouth were gonna take their time getting up the pitch to take tip after the equaliser. They weren't exactly going to run up to get the match started.

People complaining about 30 seconds he wasted, the whole team wasted 70 mins which is worse in my eyes

I am by no means making Giroud a scapegoat the 1st 70 minutes should go without saying that we were shocking , 2 things weren't set up right from the get go , No pace and no proper shape and 2 players didn't put the effort in and made ridiculous mistakes .

People are on about Sanchez, Ozil and Wenger and new deals the only one that's gonna sign is Wenger and there will be uproar , I just hope for own sake Sanchez ****s off out of England if he leaves or we'll be back where we were 3 years ago a selling club and the butt of everyones jokes...Sorry if I seem like a give a toss about the club I love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I am by no means making Giroud a scapegoat the 1st 70 minutes should go without saying that we were shocking , 2 things weren't set up right from the get go , No pace and no proper shape and 2 players didn't put the effort in and made ridiculous mistakes .

People are on about Sanchez, Ozil and Wenger and new deals the only one that's gonna sign is Wenger and there will be uproar , I just hope for own sake Sanchez ****s off out of England if he leaves or we'll be back where we were 3 years ago a selling club and the butt of everyones jokes...Sorry if I seem like a give a toss about the club I love

What if it's the case that Ozil and Sanchez have agreed wages but will only sign if Wenger stays (as was rumoured before)?

I mean it could be possible that they want stability (and a massive wage increase) but if we got a new manager in, there is a possibility that we could get far worse and that either of them may not be in a new manager's plan e.g. Sanchez gives the ball away too much for a possession style of management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Sanchez giving the ball away and Xhaka's stupid fouls cost the team more than OG12's celebration but Boardsies Gooners have their favourites and others who they loathe to praise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

pot kettle and all that

mansize wrote: »
    Sanchez giving the ball away and Xhaka's stupid fouls cost the team more than OG12's celebration but Boardsies Gooners have their favourites and others who they loathe to praise...

God who signed those players i wonder? Absolved from criticism no doubt due to what his achievements are from early the last decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Whats this shìt OG12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Sanchez is world class,xhaka is still getting used to the league...giroud is a second rate striker,lucky to play for our team...no more than a bench warmer.
    Fcuk his celebration,who cares,we should be signing a proper world class striker to play with ozil and Sanchez and leave him on the bench till we need a donkey to hoof the ball up to when we're desperate.
    Nothing against him really,he's just not good enough to start for a side with championship ambitions,especially one that plays as we do.
    We don't play to his strengths,and he doesn't suit ours.

God who signed those players i wonder? Absolved from criticism no doubt due to what his achievements are from early the last decade

He won 2 fa cups this last 3 yrs.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    He won 2 fa cups this last 3 yrs.

He won 2 Fa cups since 2005. He's a beaten docket and should retire. He cant inspire a performance anymore or at least not on a consistent basis

• Advertisement

He won 2 Fa cups since 2005. He's a beaten docket and should retire. He cant inspire a performance anymore or at least not on a consistent basis

my Sarcasm doesn't translate well on screen,sorry.

my Sarcasm doesn't translate well on screen,sorry.

Winky emoji man, winky emoji ;)

Name a manager that has won the FA Cup more?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Bloody Arsenal fan tv.

Do other clubs have similar b*llocks?

It's so amateur- it's a guy interviewing his mates who seem to apply as much critical 💭 as some posters on boards.

We also built a brand new stadium and consistently qualified for for UCL KO stages in that period

Thanks for the update.

I was parodying the typical interview- I thought that much was apparent...

• Advertisement

Winky emoji man, winky emoji ;)

2 fa cups in 3 yrs 😉...
    2 fa cups in 11yrs 😠..
    I'm on the phone
    Nope doesn't work

2 fa cups in 3 yrs 😉...
    2 fa cups in 11yrs 😠..
    I'm on the phone
    Nope doesn't work

Are you wearing a towel?

3 in 11 btw

Name a manager that has won the FA Cup more?

It's Arsenal Football Club....
    Not Arsene Football Club.

Are you wearing a towel?

What's that mean

• Advertisement

It's Arsenal Football Club....
    Not Arsene Football Club.

I know that. It's also good to recognise its most successful manager

What's that mean

Simpson's joke

Simpson's joke

Enlighten me please.
    And I do appreciate every single thing Arsene has done for us,he's a legend.

Enlighten me please.
    And I do appreciate every single thing Arsene has done for us,he's a legend.

Some people sit behind a screen watching a stream in a counterfeit shirt and declare their opinion on Arsenal to be the Word. Others are official members regularly go to matches, invest in the club and it's mission are are publicly set upon...

I'll defend Wenger's record at Arsenal as it's stellar.

It's funny hearing Jamie Carragher moaning about Wenger and the league; 3 v 0 mate

Must.Not.Reply.
    Temperatures.Rising.
    Some effing cheek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Many posters here are members and travel to games on a regular basis. Many of them want Wenger out too, get off your high horse

wonga77 wrote: »
    Many posters here are members and travel to games on a regular basis. Many of them want Wenger out too, get off your high horse

Those posters I have time for tbf.

I did say I'd like him to move upstairs at the end of the season

Must.Not.Reply.
    Temperatures.Rising.
    Some effing cheek.

I don't imagine that included you?

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »

nope, that man has a camera on you 24/7. Your all fakes and liars with your counterfeit jersies and your illegal streams :rolleyes:

nope, that man has a camera on you 24/7. Your all fakes and liars with your counterfeit jersies and your illegal streams :rolleyes:

Those who are know they are. I didn't say all were.

Some is the qualifying word there. If it upsets people, they know why

Unless your Ollie G, there's no camera... 🤣

Those who are know they are. I didn't say all were.

Some is the qualifying word there. If it upsets people, they know why

Unless your Ollie G, there's no camera... 🤣

VW6Em.gif

I don't imagine that included you?

Your damn right it includes me,bar counterfit jerseys, and a very many other supporters in this country.
    Who are you to say your opinion means more because you go to games.
    The cheek of you.
    You dont know mine or anyone elses financial situations or how and why we support Arsenal.
    You are no better than any of us.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

giphy.gif

Your damn right it includes me,bar counterfit jerseys, and a very many other supporters in this country.
    Who are you to say your opinion means more because you go to games.
    The cheek of you.
    You dont know mine or anyone elses financial situations or how and why we support Arsenal.
    You are no better than any of us.

TL once described the difference between fans and supporters. I used only be a fan, now I'm a bone fide supporter

Plenty here are too.

Others that just watch online are the same as fans in the Far East who watch broadcasts imho.

Away ticket holders
    Season ticket holders
    Regular attendees
    Occasional attendees
    Rare attendees
    Never attended

That would be my hierarchy

x PyRo wrote: »
    giphy.gif

My mon says my nose will stop bleeding if I stop putting May finger up it

My cat's breath smells like cat food

Lets Bee friends

TL once described the difference between fans and supporters. I used only be a fan, now I'm a bone fide supporter

Plenty here are too.

Others that just watch online are the same as fans in the Far East who watch broadcasts imho.

Away ticket holders
    Season ticket holders
    Regular attendees
    Occasional attendees
    Rare attendees
    Never attended

That would be my hierarchy
    You have some cheek,
    now your telling me im not a proper supporter.
    Get out of your hole....
    Who on earth do you think you are telling anybody where they rank in your "supporters hierarchy".
    Your opinion is the exact same as anyone elses,it doesnt hold more weight because you go to games.
    It must be lovely up there looking down on everybody.

You have some cheek,
    Get out of your hole....
    Who on earth do you think you are telling anybody where they rank in your "supporters hierarchy".
    Your opinion is the exact same as anyone elses,it doesnt hold more weight because you go to games.
    It must be lovely up there looking down on everybody.

TL gave me the definition of Supporter v Fan tbf

The hierarchy, as stated, is my opinion alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Train-Wreck-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jaysis. People getting very worked up here.

Its your hierarchy thats the problem.

Yep and whilst i do it I watch illegal streams and wear a counterfeit jersey :rolleyes:

Did I say you did? Or are you saying you do?

Did I upset the apple tart as Bertie would say?

Arghus wrote: »
    Jaysis. People getting very worked up here.

And why?
    I dont take kindly to being told im not a proper supporter of my club.

You have some cheek,
    Get out of your hole....
    It must be lovely up there looking down on everybody

Dont take anything he says too seriously. See it for the joke it really is

• Advertisement

And, as stated it's my opinion. It's a discussion board not an echo chamber - but going off message doesn't seem to sit well

Dont take anything he says too seriously. See it for the joke it really is

I hope no one ever takes what's said on an anonymous discussion board seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

And why?

One lad saying stuff on the internet?

What exactly is the problem? Affording people who attend matches more credence? That's how I roll

Arghus wrote: »
    One lad saying stuff on the internet?

Ive no problem calling people out when they spout bull...id expect people to do the same to me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement