Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Not happy with Gnabry leaving at all if its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only Campbell played on the wing out of those 3. Wilshere played centrally, and Gnabry wasn't with us. Basically it's Campbell out, Perez in.

The Jeff has also been promoted to the first team.

Wilshere has played as cover on the wing in the past, and quite well too. Gnabry being out on loan last season is irrelevant given Wenger said he saw him in his plans this season. It's just a confusing move if true because our cover on the wing isn't the best atm and we all know how injury prone Theo and the Ox are, and Welbeck is out for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Could also be a load of tripe?! The report I read said he was orchestrating the move, that Wenger wants to keep him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Fcuk him anyway

Gets fit and fcuks off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Fcuk him anyway

Gets fit and fcuks off

he's only going on loan :D

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Fcuk him anyway

Gets fit and fcuks off

he's only going on loan :D

Looks like gnabry is permanent

Looks like gnabry is permanent

i meant ...

238D3B4300000578-2851881-The_midfielder_posted_a_similar_image_after_his_last_ankle_surge-24_1417100396464.jpg

From Ornstein:
    Wilshere loan 1yr no break clause if right club found. #AFC want to keep Gnabry but big #FCBayern offer may change things. No more signings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it would be a massive mistake letting Gnabry go

I think it would be a massive mistake letting Gnabry go

One year left on his contract and won't sign a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lucas confirmed too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Bremen hoping to have Gnabry deal finalised by midday tomorrow. That makes me feel a bit better than going straight to Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Bremen hoping to have Gnabry deal finalised by midday tomorrow. That makes me feel a bit better than going straight to Bayern.

Wilshere, Gnabry and Campbell - all attacking options out the door
    Perez - in the door

Im so annoyed with this, we'll be threadbare by Christmas and wondering where it all went wrong. Same old sh*t :rolleyes:

Not sure why i quoted you there - i'm not speaking to you directly or anything

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Wilshere, Gnabry and Campbell - all attacking options out the door
    Perez - in the door

Im so annoyed with this, we'll be threadbare by Christmas and wondering where it all went wrong. Same old sh*t :rolleyes:

Not sure why i quoted you there - i'm not speaking to you directly or anything

I know that we suffer from injuries a lot. But our problem lately is with quality, not quantity.

Our starting 11 is better than it was, and we are losing some fringe players. It's the starting 11 that gives you a chance in the league and champion's league, not how many 'decent' players you have on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I know that we suffer from injuries a lot. But our problem lately is with quality, not quantity.

Our starting 11 is better than it was, and we are losing some fringe players. It's the starting 11 that gives you a chance in the league and champion's league, not how many 'decent' players you have on the bench.

Who's to say Gnabry won't force his way into the starting 11? Iwobi managed it, there's no reason Serge couldn't if he stays put.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's when all those games come thick and fast - then you need a good bench

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Who's to say Gnabry won't force his way into the starting 11? Iwobi managed it, there's no reason Serge couldn't if he stays put.

There's also no guarantee.

Gnabry is the one player I'd hold on to, but I'd hardly count it as 3 out and one in, when only 1 of the 3 going out even played anything close to regular football for us.

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »

True. Our squad is massive, though. Some people are going to have to go.

No idea how Sanogo is still in our squad, should be the first out the door.

True. Our squad is massive, though. Some people are going to have to go.

No idea how Sanogo is still in our squad, should be the first out the door.
    But who in their right mind would buy him?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

emmetlego wrote: »
    But who in their right mind would buy him?!?

The Postal Service of France was very interested until we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any fee being quoted for Gnabry? Really don't want him to go but if he won't sign a new deal there's not much option with only a year left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

You can't hold on to players who want to play.

Wilshere and Gnabry are going to see very little game-time if they stay, ditto Chambers. Loans would be preferable as I think they all have a future with Arsenal, but if players don't sign contract extensions then you have to sell them.

We have Xhaka, Coquelin, Elneny, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Ox, Sanchez, Perez, Walcott, Ox, Welbeck, Jeff, Iwobi - 14 players for the five central midfield and wide attacking players.

Behind them you would like to think that Maitland-Niles, Willock, Malen and Zelalem would get chances in the League Cup.

At the back, Koscielny, Gabriel, Mustafi and Holding are ahead of Chambers for centre-back while Bellerin, Debuchy and Jenkinson are ahead of him for right-back. Yes, you could argue he could stay until Mert is back but we are overloaded now with centre-backs and defenders.

Think of it another way. We have had Jenkinson, Holding and Mustafi come in at the back with only Chambers leaving. Three in, one out.

Further up, we have had Xhaka, Elneny (since Jan), Jeff, Iwobi and Perez come in this year while Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere and Campbell have left. Five in, four out. I didn't count Rosicky or Gnabry because they didn't play and shouldn't really have counted Wilshere either.

In both cases it is a step-up in quality as well as quantity, even allowing for Mert and Welbeck not being back until Christmas.

Is it some kind of running joke in here that I've missed, that people keep naming "Jeff" as a valid squad member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gnabry: well if he has one year left you have to sell. But we'd better get a substantial offer.

Wilshire: can't see why you'd get rid tbh. He has come on in 2 of our three games. We can and do use him. Plus he can play anywhere in midfield or on the wings.

Letting Campbell go can be explained by Gnabry. Letting these two go though would be mad.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is it some kind of running joke in here that I've missed, that people keep naming "Jeff" as a valid squad member?

What would make him invalid?

• Advertisement

Think he fill see game time this year

Feel have to wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

greendom wrote: »
    Any fee being quoted for Gnabry? Really don't want him to go but if he won't sign a new deal there's not much option with only a year left.

8 million has been mentioned on twitter, not sure how accurate that is though. Il be disappointed if he goes tbh, always thought he was one for the future, however if reports are true that he wants out then leave him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It looks like it's a loan deal to Werder for Gnabry rather than a sale. Hope this is the case, would be pretty pissed to see him leave.

What would make him invalid?
    How would he be in any way ahead of Gnabry in the pecking order?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Feel have to wait and see

Looked way ahead of everyone in the u23 game the other night

I just really don't get the Wilshire loan.

It makes so little sense that I'm thinking

A: made up story
    B: new signing coming in

For god sake, the ONLY sub we had on the bench in our LAST GAME that could play wide midfield was Wilshire. That's the ONLY sub for 2 positions.

What???

He's got a squad number, will be training with the first team regularly now presumably.

It's now 'The Jeff 31' or '31 The Jeff' :D

It looks like it's a loan deal to Werder for Gnabry rather than a sale. Hope this is the case, would be pretty pissed to see him leave.

Don't see the point of sending a player on the last year of his contract out on loan. I thought Bayern were buying him and then sending him on loan to Bremen?

Redzer7 wrote: »

Bremen? Fûck that, I'd keep him, chat him into staying. If it's bayern I'd let him go & get as much as possible

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I just really don't get the Wilshire loan.

It makes so little sense that I'm thinking

A: made up story
    B: new signing coming in

For god sake, the ONLY sub we had on the bench in our LAST GAME that could play wide midfield was Wilshire. That's the ONLY sub for 2 positions.

What???

- Ramsey back in a couple of weeks
    - Iwobi back in a couple of weeks
    - Giroud being back means Sanchez goes to the side
    - Perez has been signed
    - Sanchez going to the side means one or both of Ox and Walcott drops to the bench
    - Wilshere is a last resort wide player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

- Perez has been signed
    - Sanchez going to the side means one or both of Ox and Walcott drops to the bench

Now, c'mere to me, does anyone seriously think that these lads won't all be replaced on the treatment table by other lads straight away?

To be honest, Wilshere himself will probably be injured whether he goes on loan or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Looks like were making space for James Rodriguez if you ask me

- Perez has been signed

That's a short short memory you have Basil. This is an idiotic move if no-one comes in.

Ox rubbish, Wally had a good game. Neither can defend. Both are hugely injury prone.

Iwobi, Ramsey both injured.

If I had suggested this yesterday I would have been laughed off the forum.

You don't need to defend it just because.

It's a bad move

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ronan14 wrote: »

Now I could tolerate that

Surely there's going to be enough games this season between the 4 competitions for Jack to get game time if he stays fit. Not to mention when we get the inevitable injury crisis. Send bloody Ox or Theo on loan, at least Jack gives his all for the shirt every time he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Id be very very surprised if we did buy anyone else let alone a big name. At least we'll be out of our misery tomorrow night.

Has Mustafi been unveiled yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Has Mustafi been unveiled yet?

No, still waiting for that one to go through. Can't see anyone else coming in with how long they took to wrap up those 2 deals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's the only thing that makes sense. Yep.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement