Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Thats no use...He doesnt know any of us...we never go to games.
    Post it here so we know who your talking about...

Those that go, know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

mansize wrote: »
    Those that go, know.

Cop out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thread closed again for review.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cards and bans have been handed out to a number of posters plus a number of posts have been deleted. Please remember, this is a thread for all Arsenal fans to comment on the club and it is also for other clubs' fans to read and post about Arsenal.

It is expected that everyone can do so respectfully with conviction but without hostility and aggression.

Thread re-opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

dfx- wrote: »
    Cards and bans have been handed out to a number of posters plus a number of posts have been deleted. Please remember, this is a thread for all Arsenal fans to comment on the club and it is also for other clubs' fans to read and post about Arsenal.

It is expected that everyone can do so respectfully with conviction but without hostility and aggression.

Thread re-opened.

Posts have been deleted??? My head still hurts after reading through the last few pages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

L'prof wrote: »
    Posts have been deleted??? My head still hurts after reading through the last few pages!

Same, absolute croc of sh!t :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Away to Preston in the FA Cup tomorrow - I hope a lot of the 1st team players are rested.

In the league we have: Swansea (a), Burnley (h) and then Watford (h) - should be winning those.
    Then Chelsea (a) - we'll deal with that when the times comes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

marvin80 wrote: »
    Away to Preston in the FA Cup tomorrow - I hope a lot of the 1st team players are rested.

In the league we have: Swansea (a), Burnley (h) and then Watford (h) - should be winning those.
    Then Chelsea (a) - we'll deal with that when the times comes!!
    And then we lost to Preston and the whole world blames Wenger for resting players in an important match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Quazzie wrote: »
    And then we lost to Preston and the whole world blames Wenger for resting players in an important match

He can play who he wants in the fa cup as far as I'm concerned not bothered about it, need to get our **** together in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ha, was wondering why there were 7 pages of posts from last night when I logged in this morning. Should have guessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Tis peaceful in here this morning lads, the quiet after the storm :pac:

This popped up on the ole twitter feed this morning

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/817345835797278726

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/817348386395406338

What an interesting man he was, so far ahead of his time in regards to the direction of football
    http://www.arsenal.com/history/herbert-chapman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ha, was wondering why there were 7 pages of posts from last night when I logged in this morning. Should have guessed.

What the hell went down last night?

You didn't miss much to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Heh thought the same myself, having read through the pages that still exist, I'd tell you not to waste your bloody time!

Anyhow we should be recording an easy win against Preston to get things back on track. Wenger should rotate a few players especially after the Christmas run, partly due to fatigue partly due to crap/good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Heh thought the same myself, having read through the pages that still exist, I'd tell you not to waste your bloody time!

Anyhow we should be recording an easy win against Preston to get things back on track. Wenger should rotate a few players especially after the Christmas run, partly due to fatigue partly due to crap/good form.

Xhaka and Ramsey have tomorrow's game to work on their partnership before the return to the league. Could be a match made in heaven or an absolute disaster. If it works it could salvage our league campaign, if not we'll be lucky to get 4th

greendom wrote: »
    Xhaka and Ramsey have tomorrow's game to work on their partnership before the return to the league. Could be a match made in heaven or an absolute disaster. If it works it could salvage our league campaign, if not we'll be lucky to get 4th

Yeah I'd definitely have Ramsey and Xhaka in the holding midfield roles. I'd probably go for something like this

Ospina
    Maitland-Niles - Holding - Gabriel - Monreal

Ramsey - Xhaka

Ox - Iwobi - Perez

Welbeck? (probably not fit)/ Giroud

Yeah I'd definitely have Ramsey and Xhaka in the holding midfield roles. I'd probably go for something like this

Ospina

Ramsey - Xhaka

Ox - Iwobi - Perez

That looks a great cup team,AW was on sky sports news yesterday saying Welbeck has a big chance of a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Ospina

Ramsey - Xhaka

Ox - Iwobi - Perez

I'd prob give Mustafi the nod just to get him back into the run of things and give Gibbs a run out too, been great this season every game he's played, I'd say Monreal would love a break.

That looks a great cup team,AW was on sky sports news yesterday saying Welbeck has a big chance of a start.

That's great news, be great to give him the guts of a game against an opposition he should stand a good chance of scoring against. Poor lad has had it mad rough with injuries.

domrush wrote: »
    I'd prob give Mustafi the nod just to get him back into the run of things and give Gibbs a run out too, been great this season every game he's played, I'd say Monreal would love a break.

Last I heard Gibbs was injured. If he isn't then yeah definitely get him in there for Monreal. Just don't think we have anyone else who can play LB or they'd be in there for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Last I heard Gibbs was injured. If he isn't then yeah definitely get him in there for Monreal. Just don't think we have anyone else who can play LB or they'd be in there for him.

Just saw you're right actually, nah noone else I've seen play there anyway.

Would Welbeck and Ox on the wings and Perez up top be any use? Welbeck and Ox will run all day, Perez poach a couple of goals.

Crazy suggestion here but what about the new lad,Coen Bramell???,he a left back.
    Nothing like getting thrown in the deep end to see if you sink or swim.
    Ive no idea about the lad,only hes from non-league.
    Agree about Welbeck too,one of the very few utd players ive warmed to,really like the lad and hopes he gets a decent injury-free run till the end of the season.

Might be a bit soon to be putting Welbeck back into it? I'd like to see him eased in. Mad, I was reading a thing yesterday about Sanogo, completely forgot about him, apparently he's on a wage in the region of 30k a week. Not too shabby if you can get it

Crazy suggestion here but what about the new lad,Coen Bramell???,he a left back.
    Nothing like getting thrown in the deep end to see if you sink or swim.
    Ive no idea about the lad,only hes from non-league.
    Agree about Welbeck too,one of the very few utd players ive warmed to,really like the lad and hopes he gets a decent injury-free run till the end of the season.

Heh I think that'd be too much of a jump for him in fairness! Sounds like he's bringing a strong team anyhow

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170105/team-news-coquelin-lucas-ozil-santi

Alexis to be rested. Seems Welbeck has a chance as apparently Perez has picked up a poxy knock :mad:

wonga77 wrote: »
    Might be a bit soon to be putting Welbeck back into it? I'd like to see him eased in. Mad, I was reading a thing yesterday about Sanogo, completely forgot about him, apparently he's on a wage in the region of 30k a week. Not too shabby if you can get it

Not at all. I had too except I remember reading some crap from the mirror about him being injured in December, dunno how reliable it is of course

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsene-wenger-cannot-explain-yaya-9370877

Either way I wouldn't be playing him up front against PNE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

So Usmanov company has invested in the naming rights of the Everton training ground for £75m whilst he still owns 30% of Arsenal. Isn't their a conflict of interest there? I'm assuming Usmanov will be selling up soon and we are stuck with Kroenke?

He's worth something like 14 billion, 75 is a drop in the ocean to him. Wonder how he got involved with Everton?

He's worth something like 14 billion, 75 is a drop in the ocean to him. Wonder how he got involved with Everton?

Evertons new owner/major shareholder is Fahid Moshiri who was in the Red and White holdings consortium with David Dein and Usmanov who have tried to take over Arsenal in the past.

Not sure about how good or bad Usmanov would be but tbh those self serving dicks we currently have on the board have creamed the club for years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Pleasant in here today!!

Amyway, haven't had a minute to peruse the rumour sites about who we're going to sign this year, any gossip around? Who's this young left full we signed? Any info on him?

• Advertisement

Very quiet on the rumour front. Doubt we're in the market for anyone anyway

Had a nosey about Cohen Bramell...
    Let go from Bentley factory last week signed for Arsenal this week...
    He was more interested in running than football...
    Performed a rabona assist sometime that was on soccer a.m...
    Palace and Sheffield Wednesday were keeping tabs on him..
    Paid £40,000 for him,two days wages for Alexis Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Very quiet on the rumour front. Doubt we're in the market for anyone anyway

Don't know how reliable that edd fella is over on the Arsenal rumours, reckons özil could sign new deal but Sanchez could be tempted by juventus?
    Guess we'll have to wait and see, also mentioning Julian Brandt??

FixitFelix wrote: »

Jeepers... I saw this dudette! http://alchetron.com/Jo-Brand-194027-W

But then I saw this chap! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyha8ojHc0k Is that him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Don't know how reliable that edd fella is over on the Arsenal rumours, reckons özil could sign new deal but Sanchez could be tempted by juventus?

For lack of anything else to talk about, if you had to chose one to stay, who would you choose Sanchez or Ozil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sanchez. I love Ozil, but you know there are games in which he can be a passenger. He's quality, but with Sanchez you get quality plus consistent effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Doing what I normally do on a Friday night and listening to the Arsecast having a beer.

Decided to play this "FIFA 13", even though I'm not really sure how to play it.

League going well, 6 games in, United at home.
    Giroud bangs one in, one up, seeing the game out. Grand, they haven't had a sniff.

Till, injury time, Mertesacker gives away a peno, which Van Persie dispatches.

Their first shot on target.

F*ckin hate evereything.

And I've a bad feeling about Preston tomorrow. (The bad feeling we'll beat them in a being enough way, then get drawn at Old Trafford).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

farna_boy wrote: »
    For lack of anything else to talk about, if you had to chose one to stay, who would you choose Sanchez or Ozil?

Ozil. Love them both, but he could set them up for Sanchez replacement as easy as anyone else.

Ozil. He is one of a kind, and Sanchez (pre contract negotiations) was as much a liability as he was an asset. Sanchez is relatively easily replaced like for like. Ozil can't be.

Sanchez for me too, while he certainly has his flaws, he never goes missing and always gives 100% even when things aren't going his way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If I had to choose it would be Sanchez too. Don't want either to leave but when the chips are down and Sanchez is bursting his hole while Özil saunters around then is have to go with Sanchez. If Arsenal had a team full of superstars and dominated majority of games I'd probably go for Özil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ozil disappears way too often.

Alexis for me.

But keep both. Definitely keep both. For God's sake keep both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Yeah, if I had to choose one, I'm not sure who to pick. I was leaning towards keeping Ozil, simply because he would be harder to replace, but he does go missing a fair bit too.

On the other hand, Sanchez does bust a gut, gives 100% and has scored a rake of goals for us this season, however like I said he would possibly be easier to replace if money wasn't a problem.

Hopefully, we can keep both and strengthen in our weaker positions rather than having to go out and try find replacements for what are out strongest positions.

Speaking of which, what do ye think are our weakest positions right now?

Speaking of which, what do ye think are our weakest positions right now?

Management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Quazzie wrote: »
    Management

Goalie. Cech ain't what he used to be.

Ospina starts today. If he does well, he may displace Cech.

Team for Preston

Ospina
    Monreal
    Gabriel
    Mustafi
    Maitland-Niles
    Xhaka
    Ramsey
    Ox
    Iwobi
    Perez
    Giroud

Strong looking team. Welbeck on the bench as are Holding, Jenkinson, Martinez, Reine Adelaide, Da Silva? And Willock.

What's up with Kos?

And Giroud is captain

emmetlego wrote: »
    What's up with Kos?
    Not sure. He did go off early against Bournemouth

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement