Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Nice to be on the receiving end of the luck for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Channel ?

Eleven sports plus

Edit: Sanchez would want to stop his little hissy fits, no need

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Sanchez great player, but he really needs to tone down this moaning after being substituted. Sulking on the bench there, not nice to see. Made sense to take him off as we are cruising through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

whats wrong with Sanchez?

FixitFelix wrote: »
    We always perform well when we're not on tv *****

It's on tv in my house :)
    same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Hes like a spoiled child on the bench. Great player and great he wants to play but its not gonna help his teammates much seeing that

whats wrong with Sanchez?

Just being a baby, sitting away from the rest of the players on the bench, needs a clip round the ear and told to cop on

Just being a baby, sitting away from the rest of the players on the bench, needs a clip round the ear and told to cop on

I personally agree with you. We're 4-0 up, whats his problem. His behaviour is embarrassing from a grown man. A petulant child

It's on tv in my house :)

Oooh, oooh i suppose you have the counterfeit jersey on too you fake supporter you? ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

For some reason I was actually nervous about this game today. Good to get another high scoring win on the board

Stat|2016/17|2015/16|Diff
    Corresponding points|44|40|4
    Projected points|75|71|4
    Scored 3 or more|11|9*|2
    Won by 3 or more|5|6*|-1

*over full season

• Advertisement

Oooh, oooh i suppose you have the counterfeit jersey on too you fake supporter you? ;):D

Jokes aside, I don't know why we can't share links for matches that we can't legitmately get on Irish TV. I pay for SKY and Eirsport, so have no qualms finding other means of getting untelevised matches.

I know a pub owner in Dublin who shows all the dodgy feeds, but gets no grief about it from SKY because he still pays for all of his subscriptions as well.

Yeah it has messi on the back, don't think the Chinese know the teams :)

Basil3 wrote: »
    Jokes aside, I don't know why we can't share links for matches that we can't legitmately get on Irish TV. I pay for SKY and Eirsport, so have no qualms finding other means of getting untelevised matches.

I know a pub owner in Dublin who shows all the dodgy feeds, but gets no grief about it from SKY because he still pays for all of his subscriptions as well.

Mine isn't a link mate it's an iptv service I pay for, the free ones are useless imho

Mine isn't a link mate it's an iptv service I pay for, the free ones are useless imho

It's still an illegal feed, I'm assuming. My point still stands.

L'prof wrote: »
    For some reason I was actually nervous about this game today. Good to get another high scoring win on the board

Stat|2016/17|2015/16|Diff
    Corresponding points|44|40|4
    Projected points|75|71|4
    Scored 3 or more|11|9*|2
    Won by 3 or more|5|6*|-1

*over full season

Prediction pretty much lines up with SAM the supercomputer says we'll get. It also says it will only be enough points for 5th in the table.

time to sell Sanchez then ?

Prediction pretty much lines up with SAM the supercomputer says we'll get. It also says it will only be enough points for 5th in the table.

What's this then? Some other prediction model? Statto reckon they'll finish on 74 and that it'll be enough for joint 4th

L'prof wrote: »
    What's this then? Some other prediction model? Statto reckon they'll finish on 74 and that it'll be enough for joint 4th

Premier League: Chelsea to win by seven points? Arsenal outside top four? - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38524102

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I don't agree with this. If he doesn't sign a new contract then yes, we've no other choice. No player should be bigger than the club. Same goes for the Manager too.

When they've all left the club will still be there. This lark of just give him what he wants is not that simple either. I'd take Sanchez over Ozil, but if we lose Ozil you can forget about keeping Sanchez as he wants a successful team to challenge for titles.

Premier League: Chelsea to win by seven points? Arsenal outside top four? - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38524102

Sure Alardyce never like Arsenal anyway!

It's still an illegal feed, I'm assuming. My point still stands.

There's no one standing in your way of doing the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ah if you scratch the ferrari you dont just scrap it.

Just fix the issue hopefully and move on

There's no one standing in your way of doing the same thing

I know full well I can pay for illegal subscriptions. I don't know why you're telling me this.

I know full well I can pay for illegal subscriptions. I don't know why you're telling me this.

Just saying you're on here complaining about not being able to share links, just get the sub if you want, there's no need to broadcast it on here

• Advertisement

Just saying you're on here complaining about not being able to share links, just get the sub if you want, there's no need to broadcast it on here

I'm not complaining about anything. I was simply asking why links can't be shared for matches that aren't on Irish TV. It wasn't for me, it was for the benefit of others.

I have no problem watching every match either through Sky/BT/Eirsport or other means.

I'm not complaining about anything. I was simply asking why links can't be shared for matches that aren't on Irish TV. It wasn't for me, it was for the benefit of others.

I have no problem watching every match either through Sky/BT/Eirsport or other means.

Ok fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any news on the Giroud injury? Delighted he keeps his run going. Best goals per minute ratio in the Premier League!

Chelsea ahead but looking ropey at the back. This league is not finished yet

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea ahead but looking ropey at the back. This league is not finished yet

It is for us. Top 4 is gonna be a very tight squeeze, 3 spots between 5 teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Really thought Leicester would get something tonight. Chelsea showing their title credentials in fairness.

It is for us. Top 4 is gonna be a very tight squeeze, 3 spots between 5 teams.

Don't really get the logic there. You may believe that Arsenal wont win the league but I dont get your justification for that.

greendom wrote: »
    Don't really get the logic there. You may believe that Arsenal wont win the league but I dont get your justification for that.

We will not win the league. Chelsea likely will. If so then 2nd 3rd and 4th are between 5 other teams who after tomorrow could be separated by as few as 3 points, though likely a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hard to argue with a 4-0 away win.

Sanchez carry on was a bit weird. Felt like he was playing up for the cameras, not for the first time either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The whole panel on BT have us finishing outside the top 4 , They really do hate us on that channel

The whole panel on BT have us finishing outside the top 4 , They really do hate us on that channel

Baaed on recent form I'd probably agree with them if I was being impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

This happens every single year and not limited to BT pundits either.

They never learn. Eventually they'll get it right but that'll be the law of averages and not down to their footballing knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think we're better than both Man City and Liverpool and that they'll be the 2 that'll miss out just my own opinion though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stats updated for the today's game and the cup game with Preston last week.

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|14|16|7|10
    Walcott|8|11|2|2
    Giroud|7|10|3|4
    Ozil|5|9|3|6
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|4|6
    Perez|1|6|0|4
    Own Goal|3|4|0|0
    Iwobi|2|3|3|4
    Xhaka|1|3|1|1
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|1|1|2
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|2|2
    Gibbs|0|0|1|2
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1
    Mustafi|0|0|1|1

Spurs on MOTD, Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sanchez being pissed off at getting taken off us a good thing.

How anyone sees this as a drama is beyond me.

He wanted to score again. We needed the other lads to get a run. Nothing to see here.

I've no problem with people being mad at coming off, but sitting away from the rest of the players with a jacket over his head is disrespectful and childish.
    Needs to get his act together and cut it the **** out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've no problem with people being mad at coming off, but sitting away from the rest of the players with a jacket over his head is disrespectful and childish.

Ah, it's not disrespectful. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Might not be disrespectful but it's very unusual behaviour for him, there's definitely something brewing with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'm 30 mins into a replay of the match, haven't read the posts from today yet but what in the name of fùck was Ramsey at in the first half?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm 30 mins into a replay of the match, haven't read the posts from today yet but what in the name of fùck was Ramsey at in the first half?

Thought he had a pretty solid game.....what did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Thought he had a pretty solid game.....what did he do?

Maybe it's easy to say that after seeing the 2nd half as well but he was absolutely shocking in the first half, more stupid flicks and giving the ball away. I'm 50 mins in now so hopefully i start to see something more from him.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

In my eyes it is, win, lose good game, bad game you sit with your team mates not think you being upset with coming off is more important than anything else

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Maybe it's easy to say that after seeing the 2nd half as well but he was absolutely shocking in the first half, more stupid flicks and giving the ball away. I'm 50 mins in now so hopefully i start to see something more from him.

I mustn't have been paying attention. I can only remember one flick he did when there was a poor pass behind him and he tried to make something of it. Also remember him doing one on the touch line to win a free.

Overall, I thought he played well. He played fairly deep and had at least one really decent chance.

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Might not be disrespectful but it's very unusual behaviour for him, there's definitely something brewing with him!

Maybe he's feeling a little sorry for himself that his offer from China hasn't arrived yet? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement