Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watching Motd (I have it on record) and I could swear that they actually praised Ozil. I was shocked!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

gandalf wrote: »
    Just watching Motd (I have it on record) and I could swear that they actually praised Ozil. I was shocked!!

Yup Danny Murphy was full of praise.

At the end of the programme he made out, incorrectly, that Troy Deeney was still searching for his 100th goal for Watford; that's more like it Danny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The difference in Sanchez's body language over the last month or two is very noticeable. I'm worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Nice one Everton.

omega man wrote: »
    Nice one Everton.

Nice one Pep. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So city getting smashed by Everton yet when we went there Everton where lucky to beat us!

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The difference in Sanchez's body language over the last month or two is very noticeable. I'm worried.
    I think his fed-up with arsenal. So am I

So city getting smashed by Everton yet when we went there Everton where lucky to beat us!

Then City beat us, what's your point?

Then City beat us, what's your point?
    Point is that it was an embarrassing match against city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I think his fed-up with arsenal. So am I

If he's fed up sell him on, he wasn't exactly a main hitter at Barca when he was there and don't think teams were clambering to sign him , think he needs to check himself, could be off to juventus in the summer imo, so he can win a piss poor league at a canter.

As someone here already said he's easier replaced than Özil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Not a bad day, city, united and pool all drop points!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

FixitFelix wrote: »
    If he's fed up sell him on, he wasn't exactly a main hitter at Barca when he was there and don't think teams were clambering to sign him , think he needs to check himself, could be off to juventus in the summer imo, so he can win a piss poor league at a canter.

As someone here already said he's easier replaced than Özil

I agree with some of the above but not the easier replaced bit. We haven't found a 20+ goal scorer since RVP left and even he was a one season hit. They are much harder to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

In fairness - Wow, amazing achievement considering all the quality the Germans have in their squad

https://twitter.com/DFB_Team_EN/status/820621923487019010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent site to keep up with how our loanees are getting on? Unfortunately I have to see Chesney play nearly every week but I'm always interested to know how the rest are getting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent site to keep up with how our loanees are getting on? Unfortunately I have to see Chesney play nearly every week but I'm always interested to know how the rest are getting on.

Is this any use????

http://talksport.com/football/arsenal-fc-loan-round-rating-every-201617-gunners-loanee-161214219047?p=2#

Lot of underperforming players it looks and I thought we sold Joel Campbell??

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Is this any use????

http://talksport.com/football/arsenal-fc-loan-round-rating-every-201617-gunners-loanee-161214219047?p=2#

Lot of underperforming players it looks and I thought we sold Joel Campbell??

That's along the right lines man cheers. Nah Campbell is still our player, I still think Iwobi or the Ox should have been sent on loan instead of him.

That's along the right lines man cheers. Nah Campbell is still our player, I still think Iwobi or the Ox should have been sent on loan instead of him.

I don't think it's updated that often,more like a article/mid term report.

Couldn't agree more with the Ox and Iwobi,would much rather Cambell,he never got a decent run although Iwobi has been impressive overall.

I've a feeling Perez is going through the same thing Campbell experienced,play well but don't get a run of games.

Loan out Iwobi?? You're having a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can we stop mentioning Ox and Iwobi together? Utterly different players and Iwobi has shown himself to actually have proper footballing ability and intelligence, not just a kick and run merchant. Hes closer to a Hleb style player which is exactly what we need on one wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I admire Campbell's work rate but he doesn't come close to Iwobi ability wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

emmetlego wrote: »
    Loan out Iwobi?? You're having a laugh!

Yeah that'd be madness. I've posted before how Iwobi needs to up his defensive game, but Saturday he was the best player on the pitch and that wasn't just in an attacking sense.

Sanchez is happy but wants Pogba style wages
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/im-happy-and-comfortable-at-arsenal-sanchez

Im sure Ozil will want the same then,whats Pogba on £300,000 a week?

I think I read somewhere that Ozil will sign if Wenger stays.Or more likely to sign.

Sanchez is happy but wants Pogba style wages
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/im-happy-and-comfortable-at-arsenal-sanchez

Im sure Ozil will want the same then,whats Pogba on £300,000 a week?

I think I read somewhere that Ozil will sign if Wenger stays.Or more likely to sign.

Sanchez best head to China so

Seriously?
    Id have thought he's worth north of £200k a week,Ozil too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Don't see why we shouldn't pay him that kind of money.

domrush wrote: »
    Don't see why we shouldn't pay him that kind of money.

Arsenal won't pay it is what I mean :)

Just thought Id throw in a few rumours,seeing as its that time of year.
    As usual some nonsense.
    Arsenal are ready to make a bid to sign €40m-rated Lazio defender Stefan De Vrij (Corriere della Sera)

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil suggests he “very comfortable” in London, having said last week he wants to know the long-term future of manager Arsene Wenger before committing to a new contract (Germany national team website)

Former Arsenal man Serge Gnabry has hinted at a return to the Premier League with either the Gunners or London rivals Chelsea (Bild)

The Gunners are ready to rival Manchester United for Roma defender Kostas Manolas in the summer transfer window (Corriere della Sera)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has ruled out leaving Borussia Dortmund in January, with Arsenal heavily linked with a move for the striker (Daily Express)

Whats that about,sure he's only just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Former Arsenal man Serge Gnabry has hinted at a return to the Premier League with either the Gunners or London rivals Chelsea (Bild)

If Arsenal didn't insist on a first refusal clause being inserted to the deal they really did get screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Arsenal should pay them what they deserve . The rest can't open there mouth because half of them don't deserve it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Arsenal should pay them what they deserve . The rest can't open there mouth because half of them don't deserve it

Half? Thats being very generous to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone think the new central midfield partnership showed promise on Saturday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ha ha, Mike Dean just got demoted. Arsenal fans have been saying he's **** for years, seems now everyone else is catching up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Went over to see the mighty hammers glorious win against palace on Saturday, COYI. Sunday we went to do the Emirates stadium tour, it is brilliant. For those of you who haven't done it, it's well worth the £20. You get a little electronic guide thing to listen to through awful headphones without a guide, how as ever there's loads of tour assistants along the way to answer any questions you may have. The museum is a bit meh but I think all football museums are. I also bought these horrible mementos, you pose in front of a green screen and then they reproduce these pictures of you signing and in the dressing room etc.. I'm gonna hide them hopefully where no one will ever find them.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Great news all around :pac:

Mirror Online: Olivier Giroud wants Arsene Wenger to sign new contract so current Arsenal team can go on to win Premier League. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw34rqgzQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Great news all around :pac:

Mirror Online: Olivier Giroud wants Arsene Wenger to sign new contract so current Arsenal team can continue to not have any pressure on them to win anything at all. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw34rqgzQ
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Seems to be a few rumours going around that Jenks is off to Crystal Palace. Looks like it could be a permanent move but nothing is confirmed just yet.

Would be sad to see him go, but just realised he is 24 and not as young as I thought so maybe it's better if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Would this team get overwhelmed defensively?

Cech
    Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Coq/Xhaka
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Perez Girioud

I'd love to see Perez playing off Giroud similar to Griezmann does for France, think he gets himself in great positions. For playing against the offensively poorer teams

Keep in mind international football is usually against a poor standard of teams.

Last Euros France played: Romania, Albania, Switzerland, Ireland, Iceland, Germany and Portugal. Not sure you can read into most of those games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Southampton vs Norwich 0-0 after '80

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Southampton vs Norwich 0-0 after '80

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Southampton won it with a last minute Shane Long goal, so Southampton away it is in the 4th round of the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Question: “Without going into Sanchez & Ozil’s futures…”
    Wenger: “You can”
    Question: “Is there an update on their futures?”
    Wenger: “No”

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/822040870979416065

Jenkinson's proposed move to Palace has reportedly collapsed.

Arghus wrote: »
    Jenkinson's proposed move to Palace has reportedly collapsed.

I think he can do better than Palace tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I think he can do better than Palace tbh

I dont tbh.
    Dont think he is. I think Championship is his level at best.

I think 90 odd PL caps, 15 CL caps and another PL team attempting to buy him suggests Championship really isn't his level..

He's a top player. Maybe on his day a top top player. But I don't think he's a top top top player.

I think he's been woeful for us, so I wouldn't have him at premiership level at all. Especially when you consider the caliber of player that surrounded him during the games he played.

A very likeable fella and a Gooner for life, but that's just not enough!

AdamD wrote: »
    I think 90 odd PL caps, 15 CL caps and another PL team attempting to buy him suggests Championship really isn't his level..

Championship might be a bit of a stretch but Palace is probably his level. A mid to lower table Premier league club. Good crosser of the ball but gets caught out of position far too often. That said, Gibbs isnt a whole lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus. It feels like about 6 months since we had a game.

To me, anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement