Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Gibbs is far above Jenko's level. Same amount of assists as Bellerin, more than Monreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gibbs is leagues ahead of Jenkinson. Good attacker, and at least semi-competent in defence. Whereas Jenko can't cross a ball to save his life and I'm actually more comfortable with Gabriel at RB defensively.

Gibbs is leagues ahead of Jenkinson. Good attacker, and at least semi-competent in defence. Whereas Jenko can't cross a ball to save his life and I'm actually more comfortable with Gabriel at RB defensively.

Bang on the money.

I reckon if you gave me a week to practice, I could put in a cross better than any of our fullbacks. They're all woeful.

Seriously, we have the best header of the ball in the league starting for us the last few matches, and how many decent crosses does he get in a match? I'll never understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Basil3 wrote: »
    I reckon if you gave me a week to practice, I could put in a cross better than any of our fullbacks. They're all woeful.

Seriously, we have the best header of the ball in the league starting for us the last few matches, and how many decent crosses does he get in a match? I'll never understand it.

Did Arsenal sign Ibra in Jan???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have been questioning what they do in training for years. They rarely beat the first defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

anyone at the Burnley game on Sunday? still trying to figure out best way to get to Gatwick for the 1935hrs flight home after the game.

Might take a cab to Victoria and Gatwick express from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

anyone at the Burnley game on Sunday? still trying to figure out best way to get to Gatwick for the 1935hrs flight home after the game.

I've made it before from a 1.30 kick off on the tube to Victoria and then out to Gatwick for a half 7 flight. If the game ends at 4.15 you'll be on a tube by 5 I'd say, should be in Victoria by half 5 and out to Gatwick by 6.15. It doesn't leave much room for any delays but just think positive and you'll be grand :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Going to both legs of Arsenal v FC Bayern!

:D

• Advertisement

Its sad that Jenks was abused by some of the fans, but he isn't good enough for BPL and certainly not UCL football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mansize wrote: »
    Going to both legs of Arsenal v FC Bayern!

:D
    Did you get the away tickets through Arsenal or just on general sale?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Did you get the away tickets through Arsenal or just on general sale?

Both through Supporters club. The second the secretary used his away points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I woke up this morning with a damning realisation ringing in my ears. I'm not even sure where it came from because I wasn't even dreaming, or at least not that I remember.

Anyways the realisation is that we as a club are screwed.

United are reportedly bidding £70M for Monaco midfielder Berndardo Silva. To me, he is an average midfielder at best. Certainly nothing spectacular. And he's costing £70M. Can anyone here ever really us spending that kind of money on anything other than a world beater. Wenger and the Board will never make a signing of that kind of money imo.

Secondly. Ox Jack and A.N Other (can't remember) have yet to even begin contract negotiations despite being in the last 18 months of their contract. WTF? How can that incompetency be accepted at this level of the professional game. What is driving this delay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I woke up this morning with a damning realisation ringing in my ears. I'm not even sure where it came from because I wasn't even dreaming, or at least not that I remember.

United are reportedly bidding £70M for Monaco midfielder Berndardo Silva. To me, he is an average midfielder at best. Certainly nothing spectacular. And he's costing £70M. Can anyone here ever really us spending that kind of money on anything other than a world beater. Wenger and the Board will never make a signing of that kind of money imo.

Secondly. Ox Jack and A.N Other (can't remember) have yet to even begin contract negotiations despite being in the last 18 months of their contract. WTF? How can that incompetency be accepted at this level of the professional game. What is driving this delay?

Penny pinching IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im at it, we have to get to London City for a 19:15 flight...hopefully we all get home :pac:

They didn't trigger Article 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Im at it, we have to get to London City for a 19:15 flight...hopefully we all get home :pac:

Try going to stanstead for 6.30! Hoping for a goal fest in the first half.

United always going to pay massively inflated prices as soon as they show an interest to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I see what you mean Quazzie...

However, we had some great news today IMO. Santi has taken the option to extend his contract by another 12 months. I just hope he can get his achilles back in order, as he's behind all the great team performances we've had in the last few years.

• Advertisement

Was reading this yesterday. Although the article is about how rubbish Bravo is, it also shows that Cech is still one of the best goalies in the Premier League. Sure doesn't feel like it lately, though.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38684434

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dibs101 wrote: »
    Try going to stanstead for 6.30! Hoping for a goal fest in the first half.

no way?! Ballsy!

Was reading this yesterday. Although the article is about how rubbish Bravo is, it also shows that Cech is still one of the best goalies in the Premier League. Sure doesn't feel like it lately, though.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38684434
    Just didn't want to say 4th eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Got to take advantage of that hopefully City beat Spurs later

Bringing my youngest to his first game tomorrow be nice if we're playing to go second

Soups123 wrote: »

Bringing my youngest to his first game tomorrow be nice if we're playing to go second

Have a great day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Soups123 wrote: »

Don't want to jinx it, but I've a feeling that will be quite a memorable first game.

Just didn't want to say 4th eh? :p

Up to 3rd after Lloris' performance so far tonight :D

They've got Lloris, Hugo Lloris, I just don't think we understand... LOL

It's alright the ref is making up for it now. Most blatant penalty and red card I've ever seen, and then Spurs go up the other end and score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, this was an unexpectedly good day.

If we don't keep the heads tomorrow, I'm going to be very upset.

It's alright the ref is making up for it now. Most blatant penalty and red card I've ever seen, and then Spurs go up the other end and score.
    Unbelievable decisions from the ref AND linesman, how was that push in the back not given and the foul on Sturridge beforehand (less obvious) ?? Frankly, I think we've seen city turn a corner, they were exceptional offensively tonight creativity wise, on another day could have scored 6/7 goals. Either that or Spurs were sh1* at the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

no way?! Ballsy!

Booked it before the time was changed from 1.30 to 2.15. 3 nil up with 10 to go, a quick trot to Finsbury Park. Be grand

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well, this was an unexpectedly good day.

If we don't keep the heads tomorrow, I'm going to be very upset.

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

No room for Perez in the team yet again :rolleyes:

No room for Perez in the team yet again :rolleyes:

Who do you replace? Iwobi?

Only watching solo till 3.15. Then channel hopping with Connacht Toulouse

In a week or so, we should be back to a fully fit squad bar Santi.

I wonder how many injuries we'll get between now and then :D

• Advertisement

Prediction 3-0 Giroud HT

Alexis speaking to Sky Sports "I had lucrative offers from across the world but can they offer a dog banner? I don't think so"

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Alexis speaking to Sky Sports "I had lucrative offers from across the world but can they offer a dog banner? I don't think so"

I wish he said that :D

Giroud impressing early

Sublime defending there from Kos

Sublime defending there from Kos

After some bull**** from Mustafi.

Games like today I just admire Ozil for dragging himself to the game.

• Advertisement

After some bull**** from Mustafi.

Games like today I just admire Ozil for dragging himself to the game.

Mustafi had a brain fart. Kos - mopping up the mistakes of his partner as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Who do you replace? Iwobi?

Yeah

FROM THE WHITE HOUSE: Official attendance figure at The Emirates for #AFCvBFC:

16.35 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful football so far. Too pedestrian and no atmosphere in the ground.
    The team and the fans need to liven up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That cross that Ramsey just played there. Wtf is that all about? Surely its easier to just cross it with your left.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement