Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

Surely there's going to be enough games this season between the 4 competitions for Jack to get game time if he stays fit. Not to mention when we get the inevitable injury crisis. Send bloody Ox or Theo on loan, at least Jack gives his all for the shirt every time he plays.

Jack needs to be playing regularly, and centrally. He just isn't going to get this, so I can understand why it suits both parties for him to go on loan.

Playing regularly in a decent European team is much better for him than being a cup player who occasionally comes off the bench for us.

People complain about our lack of wingers, but want to get rid of them to make way for an injury-prone midfielder. I like Jack, but I don't see the point of sitting him on the bench 'just in case' he is needed.

I hope he has a top season, wherever he goes (if he does).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Can't understand the Wilshere loan either. If he stays fit he could easily force his way into the starting 11.

Great option from the bench or as back up anyways. Just doesn't make sense. I wonder did he ask to leave to get games?
    If he does go we will regret it during he season for sure when we get injuries. no more recalling from loan anymore.

So where does everyone think we're finishing this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

3rd and some distance behind the Manchester clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

€5 million for Gnabry + add ons. Is that really the best we could do. I really hope these reports from Germany are false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Good luck to him, good to see him still in the premiership, at least we can keep an eye on him on motd

https://twitter.com/CalumChambers95/status/770699678505639936

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The problem with jack is that he is:

(A) injured

Or

(B) Coming back from an injury/unfit

At any other top club he would be seen as deadwood, he would have been given up on by now.
    Loan him out, see how he does, see if he can string some games together and hit form and have some sort of clause there where we can call him back if we are short ourselves.
    He's got to start games, he will only get minutes at arsenal. He'd be brilliant at an Everton or West Ham, send him out and see what he can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

greendom wrote: »
    €5 million for Gnabry + add ons. Is that really the best we could do. I really hope these reports from Germany are false.

Why do we always get rode hard when selling our own players? I would hate to see Gnabry go, always played well when needed two seasons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wonga77 wrote: »
    Good luck to him, good to see him still in the premiership, at least we can keep an eye on him on motd

https://twitter.com/CalumChambers95/status/770699678505639936

Hope he does well there. I think we'll see him back and properly good next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Basil3 wrote: »
    Jack needs to be playing regularly, and centrally. He just isn't going to get this, so I can understand why it suits both parties for him to go on loan.

Playing regularly in a decent European team is much better for him than being a cup player who occasionally comes off the bench for us.

People complain about our lack of wingers, but want to get rid of them to make way for an injury-prone midfielder. I like Jack, but I don't see the point of sitting him on the bench 'just in case' he is needed.

I hope he has a top season, wherever he goes (if he does).

Can anyone give an example of a situation you could possibly be in where you'd rather Iwobi or Ox comes on than Jack?

He may not be a starter while Walcott is playing well but the second his form dips or he gets injured, we regret this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Right now 4th. Maybe another fa cup or certainly a good run in it.

We'll see after the break how the league shapes up

That's actually just not worth it.

Top. If we can learn to defend. Don't forget in all the doom and gloom (of finishing second) we have an exceptional midfield, best in the league.

The rest of them can fight amongst themselves. We just need to hold it together and not be stupid.

I know we said that last year, but I'm still not sure how we f*cked it up.

So I'm going for it. It's gonna be amazing. Come on Arsenal.

gosplan wrote: »
    That's actually just not worth it.

Strange he wasn't given some extension a while back, even when back from injury or before the Olympics.
    Though even last year was poor for him, maybe he didn't want to stay on.

Danger of the same happening with ozil + Sanchez

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Top. If we can learn to defend. Don't forget in all the doom and gloom (of finishing second) we have an exceptional midfield, best in the league.

The rest of them can fight amongst themselves. We just need to hold it together and not be stupid.

Best not look to deep into that, you mightn't like what you see :D

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

On paper. Unfortunately all our slappings (and collapses) come from our midfield getting walked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The problem with jack is that he is:

(A) injured

Or

(B) Coming back from an injury/unfit

C) Tendency to lose his head on and off the field.

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I think Arsene losing patience with Wilshere for his previous attitude problems is playing a part here.

Probably because we're inserting a sizeable sell on clause and/or buy back clause. €5m today and €20m in three or four years would be better than €15m today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Strange he wasn't given some extension a while back, even when back from injury or before the Olympics.
    Though even last year was poor for him, maybe he didn't want to stay on.

Danger of the same happening with ozil + Sanchez

Vert little we can do about the price if he wants to leave to go home. Otherwise he sits on the bench at Arsenal until his contract is up and goes on a free next year. A clever thing would be to add in a buy back clause in 3 years. He will have gone one of 2 ways by then, either be a proper emerging talent, or remain at the level he's at now!

I think Wenger wants to keep him to be fair!

EDIT: The untitled user beat me to the clause bit above I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

About bloody time! Now if we could just get a time machine and go back to before the season started and get the deal done then like every other club does that'd be great :rolleyes: Lol.

So anyone think there is any possibility of a further signing tomorrow or that we're finished our extremely protracted transfer window with these two?

On the Gnabry front I really hope it is a lone as he looks like one for the future it would be a real pity to let him go.

• Advertisement

I have seen Mustafi people. I genuinely believe you will be delighted with him. I've been very impressed by him every game I saw him and even commented to my buddy I was watching one game with, that he'd be the perfect partner for Kos.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Best not look to deep into that, you mightn't like what you see :D

Sadly, I said it but I can't quite bring myself to believe it. Sigh.

But we'll be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Have the numbers their getting been announced? Will Lucas get the 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

bYaJ7uK.gif

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Have the numbers their getting been announced? Will Lucas get the 9?

I imagine Lucas won't get the 9 until transfer window closes. This excites me a little... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He better be good to take holdings place :)

emmetlego wrote: »
    I imagine Lucas won't get the 9 until transfer window closes. This excites me a little... ;)

What happens with Wilshere's 10 if he goes? Nobody has it?

What happens with Wilshere's 10 if he goes? Nobody has it?

Oh yeah, that's the 9 and 10...

So that's James Rodriguez at 10 and maybe Sanogo at 9? :p

Nah, Wilshire's not going anywhere.

This one is bollocks. Or we're going to be surprised by an amazing signing

But no way Wenger lets Jack go without any other additions. He's not an idiot.

Nah, Wilshire's not going anywhere.

This one is bollocks. Or we're going to be surprised by an amazing signing

But no way Wenger lets Jack go without any other additions. He's not an idiot.

This part is becoming less clear as time passes!

I can see why he'd let him out. He could be still a worldy, but he won't get a run in our midfield at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Two great prospects coming into the club, and then two of my favourite Arsenal players looking to leave it. Always had high hopes for Gnabry. I would really hate it if he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is there actually anything in the James Rodriguez rumours ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

It's pretty much a done deal

He'll not be announced til after Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Lads they're signing Messi. He's dropped behind Suarez in the pecking order so Barca want to get rid of the dead wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

while Walcott is playing well

When?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When?

Eh, now? Did you not see Saturday? He was decent v Liverpool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Nice to see a striker with a bit of pace coming in to the squad and hopefully he can click with Ozil passing, pace is something that has being lacking up front.
    Good to see chambers getting games and hopefully comes back a better player and seems an honest lad and can progress has age on his side,
    Serge was poor last season and has put himself in the shop window in Rio in the last year of his contract.
    Jack needs to knuckle down and not waste his talent a change might help with a return if needed,
    Would like to see Theo gone and more young players given a chance and in fairness would have like to seen Campbell stay instead of Theo or ox.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wilshere to Palace for a year is looking likely. Not happy about this at all. 6 months I'd be ok with but not a year with no recall option. If he gets fit while he's off on loan we'll be stuck unable to recall a player who's as good as any of our CM options and better than any of our RW options (assuming Sanchez is used on the left). Would be another regrettable decision for Wenger to add to his catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its frustrating that deals werent concluded sooner really. If Wenger decided that the world class striker her wanted wasnt available he really could have brought Perez in sooner. He could have come in handy in the first 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wilshire to Bournemouth by the looks of it (Talksport hack just talking to someone ITK)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Wilshire to Bournemouth by the looks of it (Talksport hack just talking to someone ITK)

I'd be surprised at that but at least he will play assuming he's not injured. If and when he comes back it'll be like a new signing (sorry. Couldn't resist).

Would have preferred to see him in Italy or Spain - will he see Bournemouth or palace as a kick in the teeth?

I wonder if big Sam has had any influence on his England players- I'd assume he will have stressed the need for game time at club level, hence we see Walcott stepping up, Hart and wilshere seemingly keen to move to get games. All after a disastrous Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd be surprised at that but at least he will play assuming he's not injured. If and when he comes back it'll be like a new signing (sorry. Couldn't resist).

Would have preferred to see him in Italy or Spain - will he see Bournemouth or palace as a kick in the teeth?

I wonder if big Sam has had any influence on his England players- I'd assume he will have stressed the need for game time at club level, hence we see Walcott stepping up, Hart and wilshere seemingly keen to move to get games. All after a disastrous Euros.

Hopefully he's pushing them to expand their horizons. The amount of England players that play abroad in their careers is embarrassingly small. Its only going to be good for the national team if more of them decide to step out of the bubble. I'd like Wilshere to set his sights a little higher than Bournemouth or Pardew.

John Cross has come out and said that 22 teams have enquired about taking Jack on loan! That's a huge amount!

Also, with Chambers gone, Debuchy won't be allowed leave and Akpom either.

Aaaaannnnd. The club are making a move for Sturridge is the latest blast on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Not a hope we'll get Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

emmetlego wrote: »
    John Cross has come out and said that 22 teams have enquired about taking Jack on loan! That's a huge amount!

Also, with Chambers gone, Debuchy won't be allowed leave and Akpom either.

Aaaaannnnd. The club are making a move for Sturridge is the latest blast on Twitter.

So we send and injury prone player out on loan to get game time and take in an injury prone striker?

So Arsenal

I think it's absolutely fcukin ridiculous that we are loaning Jack out, he's a €30m pound player who has already been called upon twice this season and could easily stake a first team starting place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soups123 wrote: »
    So we send and injury prone player out on loan to get game time and take in an injury prone striker?

So Arsenal

I think it's absolutely fcukin ridiculous that we are loaning Jack out, he's a €30m pound player who has already been called upon twice this season and could easily stake a first team starting place

he'll probably be injured most of the season anyway. May as well be injured somewhere else as here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hopefully he's pushing them to expand their horizons. The amount of England players that play abroad in their careers is embarrassingly small. Its only going to be good for the national team if more of them decide to step out of the bubble. I'd like Wilshere to set his sights a little higher than Bournemouth or Pardew.

Ornstein said on Twitter Roma are front runners for him now pretty much.

Soups123 wrote: »

So Arsenal

They play different positions.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement