Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Apparently, according to Miguel Delaney, he called a woman a 'f**king white b***h'.

So he should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Apparently, according to Miguel Delaney, he called a woman a 'f**king white b***h'.

So he should be grand.

Sure that's the best kind of racism!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pfft, not racism so. You cant be racist to white people, hasnt Oprah taught us anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

"That's not racism, it's ethnic criticism Bill".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

FixitFelix wrote: »

A load of crap I'd say
    Hopefully. It's the last thing he needs after his red one Sunday.
    On the subject of Xhaka, I actually thought he was playing really well and had improved and settled well into his role in the last few games... And then this happened! If he can curtail his want to dive in, he can become a really top class player for us!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Hopefully. It's the last thing he needs after his red one Sunday.
    On the subject of Xhaka, I actually thought he was playing really well and had improved and settled well into his role in the last few games... And then this happened! If he can curtail his want to dive in, he can become a really top class player for us!

Some of Wenger's quotes afterwards were interesting, for example:

"We don't encourage our midfielders to go down in tackles, we want them to stand up and not make these kind of fouls."

Are players so dumb that they just can't help themselves? I find it bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »

"We don't encourage our midfielders to go down in tackles, we want them to stand up and not make these kind of fouls."

He panicked after losing the ball. Not good, needs to contain that - I agree with Emmetlogo that he was excellent apart from that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

keano_afc wrote: »
    Pfft, not racism so. You cant be racist to white people, hasnt Oprah taught us anything?

xhaka is white himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

The witness who was "stunned" must lead a very sheltered life...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

If only we had Klopp instead of Wenger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mansize wrote: »

You must've been holding that one in for a while :rolleyes:

If Klopp had the team at his disposal that Wenger has we'd be challenging for the league on a serious level, instead of just until March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Liverpool's squad is vastly inferior to Arsenal's. He's doing better than Wenger given that alone.

Sorry did you want an answer or did you just come here to troll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Liverpool. The gift that keeps on giving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Liverpool's squad is vastly inferior to Arsenal's. He's doing better than Wenger given that alone.

Arsenal's squad is superior due to Wenger.

I do like Klopp, though.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You must've been holding that one in for a while :rolleyes:

If Klopp had the team at his disposal that Wenger has we'd be challenging for the league on a serious level, instead of just until March.

Really... doubt it.

• Advertisement

All that money and the Liverpool squad is still inferior...

How much money have they wasted

wonga77 wrote: »
    The witness who was "stunned" must lead a very sheltered life...

Generic tabloid word... I'm not saying these witnesses are coached but...

Hardly trolling on the Arsenal thread. Different matter of course had it been on the Liverpool thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

All that money and the Liverpool squad is still inferior...

How much money have they wasted

In fairness klopp has not spent much. Where has he wasted money

Aaaanyway, does yis think Southampton might take their eye off the ball on Saturday because of this?

I certainly hope so, bit worried about that game.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Aaaanyway, does yis think Southampton might take their eye off the ball on Saturday because of this?

I certainly hope so, bit worried about that game.

It will be tough. We never seem to do well down there. Talk also that Sanchez will be rested to give an opportunity for Perez and Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Klopp blaming the wind tonight :pac:

BTW Wenger is a league above Klopp as a manager imo.

greendom wrote: »
    It will be tough. We never seem to do well down there. Talk also that Sanchez will be rested to give an opportunity for Perez and Welbeck.

Oh, defo rest Sanchez.

Actually, looking forward to seeing either/both of them getting a run.

Egypt top their group at the AFCON. We won't be seeing Elneny for a while.

Ah f*ck.

Happy for him.

Balls. Although no surprise tbh. Egypt traditionally go far in that competition and are the record holders iirc. The Germany of the tournament you could say. Its ironic the last world cup they have partaken in was Italia 90.

Basil3 wrote: »

Patrick Vieira, Petit, Romford Pele, etc, won loads of sliding tackles. Tackling is an art form and needs to be done correctly. Timing is everything. Xhaka was too slow off the mark the other day. His timing is way off.

Wenger shouldnt push anyone either but he cant control himself by the looks of things. He can hardly expect players to be disciplined if he is losing the rag on the sideline

Patrick Vieira, Petit, Romford Pele, etc, won loads of sliding tackles. Tackling is an art form and needs to be done correctly. Timing is everything. Xhaka was too slow off the mark the other day. His timing is way off.

WIth respect, the rules on sliding tackles have been firmed up incredibly since those lads went in feet first. What was given as a finger wag by the referee in the 00's is a red card now!

Wenger shouldnt push anyone either but he cant control himself by the looks of things. He can hardly expect players to be disciplined if he is losing the rag on the sideline

Oh, yeah, he's a real loose cannon.

Jesus Christ.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, he's a real loose cannon.

Jesus Christ.

21 years at the club in fairness. What was he at? he should be a bit cleverer than that.

How is the manager going to address Xhaka's discipline issue when he does something like that? its not his first ban off the sideline either.

• Advertisement

WIth respect, the rules on sliding tackles have been firmed up incredibly since those lads went in feet first. What was given as a finger wag by the referee in the 00's is a red card now!

Thats a fair point although there is still inconsistency across the board. A sliding tackle is a no no in Europe fair enough but you still see the odd crazy tackle going unpunished in England

Neville's hatchett job on Reyes

But I'll show this instead...

21 years at the club in fairness. What was he at? he should be a bit cleverer than that.

How is the manager going to address Xhaka's discipline issue when he does something like that? its not his first ban off the sideline either.

They're not all saints tbf... Wenger shows bottle- he's criticised #damnedifyoudo

Thats a fair point although there is still inconsistency across the board. A sliding tackle is a no no in Europe fair enough but you still see the odd crazy tackle going unpunished in England

depends who the player is... and his nationality

They're not all saints tbf... Wenger shows bottle- he's criticised #damnedifyoudo

A fourth official is 'never ever' going to change his mind no matter if its a cast iron case.

Like arguing with a nightclub doorman. Even though your sober, in the world according to the meathead at the door you are drunk and therefore not allowed entry.

There is 'bottle' and being smart. No point showing bottle when the ref is not going to change his mind. Once the decision is made its set in stone.

27 years since Liverpool last won the league and 11 years since Liverpool last won a major trophy. Not a single fuss in the media.

depends who the player is... and his nationality

Yep fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm all for giving Liverpool/Klopp stick but, they did lose to the Southampton team that knocked us out. Also we have them away on Saturday in the FA cup, so you're setting yourself up for some grief if we fail to beat them on Saturday.

A fourth official is 'never ever' going to change his mind no matter if its a cast iron case.

Like arguing with a nightclub doorman. Even though your sober, in the world according to the meathead at the door you are drunk and therefore not allowed entry.

There is 'bottle' and being smart. No point showing bottle when the ref is not going to change his mind. Once the decision is made its set in stone.

I'll let whitney answer this one

• Advertisement

I'm all for giving Liverpool/Klopp stick but, they did lose to the Southampton team that knocked us out. Also we have them away on Saturday in the FA cup, so you're setting yourself up for some grief if we fail to beat them on Saturday.

I have the ticket to the BPL match on FA Cup 6th Round day.

Were gonna win the UCL this year! Rambo gets the winner in Cardiff!!!

27 years since Liverpool last won the league and 11 years since Liverpool last won a major trophy. Not a single fuss in the media.

What fuss do you want though. Liverpool have tried new managers and more money and it has not worked but have got a lot closer than arsenal have got in the last 10 years. I'm still confused as to what your point is. Is someone making a fuss of arsenal.

Oh I absolutely agree fully. Was it Rojo for united twice this year that didn't get cards for his 2 footed lunges?? Comparing like with like, Xhaka's tackle looked like a schoolyard trip!!!

niallo27 wrote: »
    What fuss do you want though. Liverpool have tried new managers and more money and it has not worked but have got a lot closer than arsenal have got in the last 10 years. I'm still confused as to what your point is. Is someone making a fuss of arsenal.

We both finished second... how is that closer? Both slipped up...

We both finished second... how is that closer? Both slipped up...

Liverpool were closer to the top on points so hence they were closer. That's not answering my question though. What fuss do you want.

Liverpool were closer to the top on points so hence they were closer. That's not answering my question though. What fuss do you want.

the same as people go on about against Arsenal ad nausium

a fluke in Turkey glosses over a pretty poor 30 years

• Advertisement

the same as people go on about against Arsenal ad nausium

a fluke in Turkey glosses over a pretty poor 30 years

No your right it was a fluke that Liverpool got a bye straight into the final. It has been a poor 30 years but why does that make it acceptable for Arsenal not to come near to challenging for the title in 10 years. At least liverpool tried new managers when it wasn't working. What's arsenal's excuse.

No your right it was a fluke that Liverpool got a bye straight into the final. It has been a poor 30 years but why does that make it acceptable for Arsenal not to come near to challenging for the title in 10 years. At least liverpool tried new managers when it wasn't working. What's arsenal's excuse.

we finished 2nd...
    We built a new stadium.
    We remained fiscally prudent
    we invested in a youth structure
    We have always qualified of the UCL and the KO end of the comp

Since Liverpool last won the league Arsenal managed it 4 times, 3 times with the one manager, Arsene Wenger, who no manager has won more FA Cups than btw.

Unless all your matches were played in Turkey your point is moot btw

we finished 2nd...
    We built a new stadium.
    We remained fiscally prudent
    we invested in a youth structure
    We have always qualified of the UCL and the KO end of the comp

Since Liverpool last won the league Arsenal managed it 4 times, 3 times with the one manager, Arsene Wenger, who no manager has won more FA Cups than btw.

Listen that stadium talk stopped being an excuse years ago. Again your using liverpool lack of success as an excuse for Arsenal not performing over the last ten years. I like arsenal I'm not going to run them down, I think wenger is a great manager but it's obvious a change is needed. Do you really think Arsenal challenged for the title last year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement