Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

niallo27 wrote: »
    Listen that stadium talk stopped being an excuse years ago. Again your using liverpool lack of success as an excuse for Arsenal not performing over the last ten years. I like arsenal I'm not going to run them down, I think wenger is a great manager but it's obvious a change is needed. Do you really think Arsenal challenged for the title last year.

You said last 10 years. In those 10 years the stadium was clearly a factor, less so now.

Why is a change obvious? Has change in and of itself brought success, or were there other factors (OIL $$$) at play???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mansize wrote: »
    You said last 10 years. In those 10 years the stadium was clearly a factor, less so now.

Why is a change obvious? Has change in and of itself brought success, or were there other factors (OIL $$$) at play???

Well liverpool challenged twice with equal or less money than arsenal had. How long would you give it before you think a change would be needed.

Well liverpool challenged twice with equal or less money than arsenal had. How long would you give it before you think a change would be needed.

How much money have liverpool spent in that time... quite a bit.

Net spend (allowing for the sale of suarez) masks spending so I don't accept Net Spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Net spend (allowing for the sale of suarez) masks spending so I don't accept Net Spend

The money has been there for Arsenal to spend so we are told so why not spend it. Arsenal are a massive club they should be splashing the cash. You could argue they have with the money that was spent on ozil and Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Of course you don't accept Net spend because that doesn't support you argument, Rubbish as always.

Anyways. I want to know who spent most on Tuesdays. That's the real proof that's needed. Net spend. Sheesh! Whoever heard of such a rubbish argument.

Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross
    Manchester City £565,650,000
    Manchester United £528,800,000
    Chelsea £507,459,000
    Liverpool £365,600,000
    Tottenham £315,450,000
    Arsenal £298,340,000
    Southampton £221,100,000

Quazzie wrote: »
    Of course you don't accept Net spend because that doesn't support you argument, Rubbish as always.

Anyways. I want to know who spent most on Tuesdays. That's the real proof that's needed. Net spend. Sheesh! Whoever heard of such a rubbish argument.

Well do net if you want, buying players and selling them off isn't about football

Nett over 10 years arsenal are still below liverpool btw

The argument made to me was about spend, I didnt introduce it tbf

The money has been there for Arsenal to spend so we are told so why not spend it. Arsenal are a massive club they should be splashing the cash. You could argue they have with the money that was spent on ozil and Sanchez.

Why should clubs "splash the cash"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Thread is ruined yet again, quelle surprise.

Anyone fancy us turning over Bayern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Just don't lose on our Away game, i'm quite confident we can beat them as we play home 2nd leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Be tough away with a midfield of Ramsey - Coquelin, but you'd never know if they can keep it tight and play Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott up front they could rip them up on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Be tough away with a midfield of Ramsey - Coquelin, but you'd never know if they can keep it tight and play Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott up front they could rip them up on the break.

We'll have Xhaka for the Euro games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

emmetlego wrote: »
    We'll have Xhaka for the Euro games.

Of course, yeah, makes things slightly better. They'd have a real chance with Cazorla in there, Bayern very beatable imo.

Of course, yeah, makes things slightly better. They'd have a real chance with Cazorla in there, Bayern very beatable imo.

Santi is out for the rest of the year reading between the lines... Maybe even more!
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c9

Also, it would seem that our new fitness/medical team are heading the right way. Without wanting to jinx us, we really have had very few soft tissue injuries this year. Everyone bar Santi are due back by months end!

I'm quietly confident, (after seeing my credit card bill for Dec I'd want to be!)

Santi is out for the rest of the year reading between the lines... Maybe even more!
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c9

Also, it would seem that our new fitness/medical team are heading the right way. Without wanting to jinx us, we really have had very few soft tissue injuries this year. Everyone bar Santi are due back by months end!

And he ain't no spring chicken tbf

Wilshere injured again I hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Not to relive last night's nonsense again, but I've just realised it was indeed Southampton who knocked us out if the Carling Cup this year. Just like The Pool (and hopefully United).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Not to relive last night's nonsense again, but I've just realised it was indeed Southampton who knocked us out if the Carling Cup this year. Just like The Pool (and hopefully United).

And likely to send us out of the FA Cup, they are an in form side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And likely to send us out of the FA Cup, they are an in form side

I saw a stat that every time we have faced Southampton in the FA Cup we've gone on to win the competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

greendom wrote: »
    I saw a stat that every time we have faced Southampton in the FA Cup we've gone on to win the competition

Another stat is the last time Arsenal played them in a cup competition, Southampton won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

LOL. When he loses and he is angry, and quiet obviously not calm, he turns to attack Wenger.

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/824737524094484480

LOL. When he loses and he is angry, and quiet obviously not calm, he turns to attack Wenger.

Aha he's fooking pathetic in all fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Oh Jose is such a diva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/824737524094484480

What an absolute pr1ck?
    Did Arsene bang his missus or what?

gitzy16v wrote: »
    What an absolute pr1ck?
    Did Arsene bang his missus or what?

indeed Arsene snuck into Mourinho's house one day and banged Jose's missus while he was apparently out but unbeknownst to him, Jose was down stairs compiling a 90 page dossier about the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

indeed Arsene snuck into Mourinho's house one day and banged Jose's missus while he was apparently out but unbeknownst to him, Jose was down stairs compiling a 90 page dossier about the incident.

Sounds plausible:pac: Aul jose seems to never stop getting digs in on him

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Sounds plausible:pac: Aul jose seems to never stop getting digs in on him

The man is obsessed. It's pathetic !

• Advertisement

He's the king of deflecting, Wenger must be doing something right if he's under his skin this much lol

Arghus wrote: »
    Another stat is the last time Arsenal played them in a cup competition, Southampton won!

Well that was the League Cup. Anyway all that really matters is the game tomorrow.

So how are we for injuries at the moment. Cazorla, Theo...who else?

Did Koscielny get a knock in the last game, or was that a nightmare I had?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    So how are we for injuries at the moment. Cazorla, Theo...who else?

Did Koscielny get a knock in the last game, or was that a nightmare I had?

Koscielny & Mustafi both seemed to pick up knocks at the end of the Burnley game, but no word since so I think they're both ok. One may get rested tomorrow though.

Theo could be on the bench tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yeah Walcott's back apparently. Mertesacker + debuchy are training again from today.
    Cazorla had a few surgeries I think, definitely one. Nowhere near being fit

Wenger saying it'll be the first team tomorrow with 1 or 2 younger players.

The biggest problem atm is midfielders, coq & Ramsey are a terrible duo. Can't see Wenger changing formation either. Maybe ox might play there in one of the games this week.
    Eleney has a qf on Sunday night but I'm sure I read they've to get 5 days off after anyway.

If they go out tomorrow, they'll have 16 days between games in Feb/mar (bayern 15 feb - liverpool 4 mar) because of Southampton reaching the EPL cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Game postponed. Weather?

L'prof wrote: »
    Game postponed. Weather?

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's the league game in February, not tomorrows game - rescheduled because Southampton are in League Cup final.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's the PL match that's postponed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ahhh! Wires crossed!

• Advertisement

No word yet on Wenger's suspension for the sideline shenanigans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

No word yet on Wenger's suspension for the sideline shenanigans?

He's asked for a hearing I believe

4 match ban for Arsene. thought it might be worse tbh. Him and Xhaka to serve the same ban.

4 match ban for Arsene. thought it might be worse tbh. Him and Xhaka to serve the same ban.

Would say the £25k fine hurts him more than the touchline ban :pac:

Basil3 wrote: »

You think ? I imagine he'd be happy to pay 4 times the fine to forego the touchline ban.

Basil3 wrote: »

You think ? I imagine he'd be happy to pay 4 times the fine to forego the touchline ban.
    I think you missed the sarcasm boat, it left about an hour ago! :-)

Double post... Deleted!!!

4 matches, twice as much as Pardew

4 matches, twice as much as Pardew

The FA did say they were going to crack down on this sort of behaviour. I was expecting 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jaysus 4 matches... And all the crack that mourinho lad gets up to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement