Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

He's dominated the centre of the pitch and his passing is testing their defence sorely. Great to see.

Sanchez coming on.....my word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sanchez probably bringing himself on with no Wenger to stop him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Why is Sanchez coming on???

Probably wants it in his new contract he plays every match in full lol

Another for Walcott. Seems a while since I could sit back and just enjoy an Arsenal match.

Revenge a dish best served cold. Payback for the trimming they dished us out on Boxing day 2015 in the same venue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

fcuk ospina is dodgy lol at the fans "steve boulds red army" :D

I want a clean sheet, cut out the faffing

Sanchez should have stayed on the bench. Been poor.

• Advertisement

I want a clean sheet, cut out the faffing

Interestingly a swarm of Arsenal players surrounded an Southampton player bearing down on goal....hmmm, i wonder has Bouldy been given a bit more control now while Wenger is out?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    fcuk ospina is dodgy lol at the fans "steve boulds red army" :D

Does he suffer badly from lack of games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

walcott hattrick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sono

Perez deserves a run of games, what does he have to do to prove this to Wenger? The lad is pure quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Gooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll

My Portuguese commentator got carried away...hahaha

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sanchez should have stayed on the bench. Been poor.

If this is poor :pac:

• Advertisement

If this is poor :pac:

Yeah, a couple of assists...but he has given the ball away 4 or 5 times. Before he came on we seemed to have good control of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stats updated for the today's game and the Burnley game last week. Awesome performance. Definitely Chamberlains best game in the Arsenal shirt.

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|15|17|7|12
    Walcott|8|14|2|2
    Giroud|7|10|3|4
    Ozil|5|9|4|7
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|4|7
    Perez|1|6|0|5
    Own Goal|3|4|0|0
    Iwobi|2|3|3|4
    Xhaka|1|3|1|1
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Welbeck|0|2|0|1
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Mustafi|1|1|1|1
    Ramsey|0|1|1|2
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|2|2
    Gibbs|0|0|1|2
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1

So Theo got the hattrick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sono wrote: »
    Perez deserves a run of games, what does he have to do to prove this to Wenger? The lad is pure quality

I'm sure he's aware of his qualities, he did buy him in the Summer. His main problem is the competition he faces to get in the first 11. Who gets dropped for him. Even tougher now Welbeck and Walcott are back.

greendom wrote: »
    I'm sure he's aware of his qualities, he did buy him in the Summer. His main problem is the competition he faces to get in the first 11. Who gets dropped for him. Even tougher now Welbeck and Walcott are back.

Assuming he can do his defensive duties on the wing, I'd play him on the left, ozil in the centre and Theo on the right with Sanchez up top.

• Advertisement

domrush wrote: »
    Assuming he can do his defensive duties on the wing, I'd play him on the left, ozil in the centre and Theo on the right with Sanchez up top.

With everyone fit I don't think Walcott would be first choice. I also think it would be tough on Iwobi to be left out but that's probably who Perez would need to dislodge.Welbeck looked very sharp tonight and I haven't even mentioned free scoring Giroud. Tough choices to be made anduring I think it will end up being tough on Perez.

greendom wrote: »
    With everyone fit I don't think Walcott would be first choice. I also think it would be tough on Iwobi to be left out but that's probably who Perez would need to dislodge.Welbeck looked very sharp tonight and I haven't even mentioned free scoring Giroud. Tough choices to be made anduring I think it will end up being tough on Perez.

Think Walcott is a nailed on starter at this point?
    Scored 14 goals from 21 appearances this season. The most Freddie ever scored in a single season was 17 from 39. I'm not saying he's amazing or anything and he doesn't set up many goals for others but its still great output from a winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I would like to see Sanchez up top midweek with Özil, Walcott and Iwobi behind. I love Giroud but it's also nice to have two completely different style of centre forwards to go with depending on the situation. And if it isn't working Giroud has done very well off the bench this season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I would like to see Sanchez up top midweek with Özil, Walcott and Iwobi behind. I love Giroud but it's also nice to have two completely different style of centre forwards to go with depending on the situation. And if it isn't working Giroud has done very well off the bench this season too.

Sounds like an intensive camp.

Do show ponies do that?

..without breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Korat wrote: »

Sounds like an intensive camp.

Do show ponies do that?

..without breaking.
    What the f***?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Red tops reporting Allegri in talks to take over in the summer.

Decided not to link it due to the sources but still worthy of a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I see someone tweeted to the Sunday supplement that wenger should have been handed a 6 months ban!

Is Jose on twitter?

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I see someone tweeted to the Sunday supplement that wenger should have been handed a 6 months ban!

Is Jose on twitter?

Someone's head is up their arsė

I'd not start Sanchez or Giroud on Tuesday. Go with Welbz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    I'd not start Sanchez or Giroud on Tuesday. Go with Welbz

Either way, it's lovely to have those options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

When did Elneny get injured?

CatInABox wrote: »
    When did Elneny get injured?
    Is he?? No mention of it anywhere I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

emmetlego wrote: »

Rumours of a calf strain.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/583234/Arsenal-Mohamed-Elneny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetlego wrote: »

He's missing the quarter final now.

It's at the start of the guardian page on it.

I'd been hoping he'd get a run out there once he gets back.

Nothing on physioroom about it, so not official yet!

Aha, see it kept him out of the game tonight... Hopefully it's short term!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I didn't like Sanchez up top at the start of the season and I am a big Giroud fan but I think it is better if we start with Sanchez up front.

If we are chasing the game we throw Giroud on, move Sanchez to wing and we have a new threat. If we start Giroud and are chasing we will bring on pacy players but Giroud will also stay on and be the focal point so it is not as much of a difference in the type of threat

I didn't like Sanchez up top at the start of the season and I am a big Giroud fan but I think it is better if we start with Sanchez up front.

If we are chasing the game we throw Giroud on, move Sanchez to wing and we have a new threat. If we start Giroud and are chasing we will bring on pacy players but Giroud will also stay on and be the focal point so it is not as much of a difference in the type of threat

Depends on the team we're playing as well but agree with this. Fresh Giroud against tired defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would start Giroud. He has the best assists/goals ratio in the league, by a long way. There is no better player at knocking the ball down for our players to run onto, and this is the sort of game that will suit him. If it is not working out, we can get him off and inject some pace into the game which should be too much for a tired defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Away to Sutton in the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Looking forward to all the romance of the cup narrative from BBC. Would be nice then to play the reserve team and still thrash them 7-0 or something like that.

Looking forward to all the romance of the cup narrative from BBC. Would be nice then to play the reserve team and still thrash them 7-0 or something like that.

Dont tempt fate. Mickey Thomas thunderbolt freekick for Wrexham back in 1992 is coming back to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

What a draw, delighted with that and delighted for Sutton Utd hosting a team like Arsenal in a stadium of a capacity of 5,000 I think? The last non league team I remember us playing was Farnborough Utd I think. We were drawn away to them but then the match was changed to Highbury for some reason, hoping that doesn't happen again.

What a draw, delighted with that and delighted for Sutton Utd hosting a team like Arsenal in a stadium of a capacity of 5,000 I think? The last non league team I remember us playing was Farnborough Utd I think. We were drawn away to them but then the match was changed to Highbury for some reason, hoping that doesn't happen again.

Have a strong feeling that will happen. That said they might seek to host it in Selhurst park/the new den/the valley this time instead.

If we are technically to be the away team then they wont want to give us a huge allocation of our 60k seater stadium so understandably will want to take it elsewhere if they cant host it at their own ground. i assume they would prefer a rapturous atmosphere in a packed ground then a handy few lost in a large 60k bowl

That said though if their stadium was capable enough for Leeds then it should be enough to host us.

It's a great draw meaning that we can rest a few players that need it at a very busy time of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Screw Romance I hope we murder them 6 or 7 nil but thats just me

Screw Romance I hope we murder them 6 or 7 nil but thats just me

A 2-0 lead and id be personally happy to just control the tempo of the game and not go too crazy. I just dont think there is anything to be learned from winning by a cricket score. I think they will burst out of the traps and we need to be ready. Our fitness will be superior over the course of the game

Exeter once held a good Man United team to a draw back in 2005 so we should cool the jets slightly here. If we are in their ground then its important that we assert our superiority early on. A 2-0 lead will probably be enough to take the sting out of them

Play the reserves/emerging talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Play the first team, treat it like the Champions League Final and try to win by at least ten goals.

That's entertainment.

It's an artificial pitch there, that's a leveller. They were actually the better team against Leeds too, could have won it 3/4 - 0

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement