Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Arghus wrote: »
    Play the first team, treat it like the Champions League Final and try to win by at least ten goals.

That's entertainment.

Goalie get sent off???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's an artificial pitch there, that's a leveller. They were actually the better team against Leeds too, could have won it 3/4 - 0

Yeah and id be worried about players picking up injuries on that pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We will have played Bayern Munich away the midweek before the cup game. Couldn't get a bigger contrast than that.

Pretty crazy that we are down to one injured player (Santi). Even crazier is that Chelsea have literally no injuries. I wonder if we've ever had no injured players?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty crazy that we are down to one injured player (Santi). Even crazier is that Chelsea have literally no injuries. I wonder if we've ever had no injured players?

We've got Elneny injured too now, but it's not really official yet, as he's not been looked at by Arsenal doctors. It was reported as a calf strain, so it might be minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It is remarkable when you consider the amount of soft tissue injuries we've had over the last 5-10 years, to be in this healthy state at the moment. Surely that's the Forsythe factor?

Also, I know we always have a moan during the transfer window, but this has been an unusually quiet window for us and there hasn't been a raised voice. Is that a sign that we now have a really good squad? Are we happy? Or does it mean that we're just resigned to the fact that we won't be buying any world class players unless they land on our doorstep??

It's an artificial pitch there, that's a leveller. They were actually the better team against Leeds too, could have won it 3/4 - 0
    Is it? Dundalk had the plastic pitch for years and while plenty of pissing and moaning was done about it they had no more home advantage than any other team. Pity Oriel Park is dug up now or Arsenal might be looking to come over for a friendly.

It is remarkable when you consider the amount of soft tissue injuries we've had over the last 5-10 years, to be in this healthy state at the moment. Surely that's the Forsythe factor?

Also, I know we always have a moan during the transfer window, but this has been an unusually quiet window for us and there hasn't been a raised voice. Is that a sign that we now have a really good squad? Are we happy? Or does it mean that we're just resigned to the fact that we won't be buying any world class players unless they land on our doorstep??

There are no real glaring squad deficiencies imo, except perhaps at right back but we've seen how well Gabriel has covered for Bellerin and Maitland Niles looks like he could do a job there too.

Of course there are always positions that can be improved on but January is not a good time to attempt any kind of overhaul.

Is it? Dundalk had the plastic pitch for years and while plenty of pissing and moaning was done about it they had no more home advantage than any other team. Pity Oriel Park is dug up now or Arsenal might be looking to come over for a friendly.

From a look at the league table, Sutton's home form is keeping them out of a relegation battle. 9 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats at home compared to 1 win 3 draws and 9 defeats away.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sutton/league

I suppose the pitch must have something to do with that - how much is impossible to say. They did beat Wimbledon away in the cup after only managing a draw at home in the 1st round

greendom wrote: »
    From a look at the league table, Sutton's home form is keeping them out of a relegation battle. 9 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats at home compared to 1 win 3 draws and 9 defeats away.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sutton/league

I suppose the pitch must have something to do with that - how much is impossible to say. They did beat Wimbledon away in the cup after only managing a draw at home in the 1st round
    Last season they won more games away than home though. They're not the only team in their division relying on home form this year either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone know if and where we might be on the box later?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anyone know if and where we might be on the box later?

Best chance for English would be NBC Premier League Extra

U0JRsRp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have a strong feeling that will happen. That said they might seek to host it in Selhurst park/the new den/the valley this time instead.

If we are technically to be the away team then they wont want to give us a huge allocation of our 60k seater stadium so understandably will want to take it elsewhere if they cant host it at their own ground. i assume they would prefer a rapturous atmosphere in a packed ground then a handy few lost in a large 60k bowl

That said though if their stadium was capable enough for Leeds then it should be enough to host us.

Selhurst Park is being touted as a likely as Pardew still has friendly contacts there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Chuba gone to Brighton on loan
    Mavididi and Bielik gone to Charlton

Against a better footballing side it is an advantage. Dundalk are hindered by there pitch as they are the best footballing team in the league and actually do better away from home as their style of getting it down and playing it works better on a grass pitch.

Against a better footballing side it is an advantage. Dundalk are hindered by there pitch as they are the best footballing team in the league and actually do better away from home as their style of getting it down and playing it works better on a grass pitch.

Absolutely. If you're not used to playing on artificial surfaces, it's a huge disadvantage. The ball reacts differently on those surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Play the same team would be my thinking. Tough to drop any of them after such a performance.

Guaranteed 4 in a row so. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Reading a piece about Craig Eastmond in the paper today. Not that long ago he was on the books at Arsenal. Only made a few small appearances though, few in the league and one in the CL. Spent most of the time out on loan. Amazing to think at 26 years old, he cant find something higher up the ladder then Sutton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I don't wanna hear any united fan, ex player or any other **** talk about Arsenal selfies after the video that gob****e pogba put up on insagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP7rFm9DIFk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That bloody weiner dancing with him is just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I don't wanna hear any united fan, ex player or any other **** talk about Arsenal selfies after the video that gob****e pogba put up on insagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP7rFm9DIFk/

I just knew that Jesse Lingard was going to be involved in that video as well. Some of the stuff I've seen people show me of him on his instagram, cringey. :o

Very much looking forward to this game tonight. Hopefully we can build on Saturday, and not be a bunch of imbeciles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very much looking forward to this game tonight. Hopefully we can build on Saturday, and not be a bunch of imbeciles.

Are we on the box Donie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It would be very Arsenal to drop points tonight.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Best chance for English would be NBC Premier League Extra

U0JRsRp.png

This is as close to on the box as it gets today.

Everyone's preoccupied with The Pool vs Chelsea (to be fair, it could be interesting in several ways).

This is as close to on the box as it gets today.

Everyone's preoccupied with The Pool vs Chelsea (to be fair, it could be interesting in several ways).

I'd far rather watch us. Keep an eye on score updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I think we will win comfortably tonight. I don't see Watford being able to shut up shop like other sides can. So long as the team don't go into the game with my arrogance than they should be ok. I'll be keeping an eye on the score in the Liverpool/Chelsea game, but expecting Chelsea to win it by one goal in a boring affair.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/826501682729189376

I guess there's no surprises there. Thought Bellerin would start, and Theo. Good options on the bench anyway.

• Advertisement

Arsenal: Cech, Gabriel, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Iwobi, Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

No Welbeck on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gabriel starting at RB again. Loads of options off the bench.

Hard to fault that line up.

3-1 win tonight.

Struggling to find any of the channels Basil linked us to on my Android box, pain in the hole.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    No Welbeck on the bench?

No Sanchez either ???
    Ah he's there.
    Specsavers !!!

No Sanchez either ???

He's starting :)

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Struggling to find any of the channels Basil linked us to on my Android box, pain in the hole.

Me too. What gives?

Me too. What gives?

I assume they're geoblocked, this has happened to me a couple of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Me too. What gives?

Can you get eleven sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Which foreign channel is this on

• Advertisement

Which foreign channel is this on

It's on NBC premier league extra time in English.

Oh Cech......

Whoops, didn't see the deflection. Harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well that's just great

Ffs

Did someone turn their back to the ball there?

Side on, I'd say. Nothing you don't see in every match.

OooassspinA

Ramsey FFS. Typical

2-0. Disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ramsey kinda half turned away from the shot and it flicked off his outstretched leg.

Cech took an age to get down to it. Meh, loads of time left for Arsenal to get started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement