Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    he'll probably be injured most of the season anyway. May as well be injured somewhere else as here.

You can be guaranteed they can return him but we can't recall

Basil3 wrote: »
    They play different positions.....

Same injury problems anyway Sturridge isn't coming so mute point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

moot point :)

moot point :)

No I wanted him to shut up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I can see both sides of the story with regards Wilshere. But maybe he does need a change of scenary, fitness, training, conditioning regime to maybe build himsef up and make him stronger for next season. The way we train with our tikka takka football might cause him to have more muscle injurys than say another clubs methods on the training ground. Sad to see him go but I believe he will be stronger for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Wouldn't surprise me if the Prem League striker that they are all talking about on Twitter turns out to be Calum Wilson. We were linked strongly with him at the start of last season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gnabry to WB is official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gnabry to WB is official.

Pissed off over that. Rumours that Munich paid the fee and have an option to take him next Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Have to say Im really disappointed by that, £4.5 million or so is the mentioned fee. I hope we have some kind of buyback clause but I doubt it

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/770984331703713792

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I thought that we let Campbell go to fit Gnabry in the squad. Disappointed to see him go, but the club had no choice really. We still have quite a few options to play out wide, whether they are good enough or not is debatable. Plus Walcott and the Ox have questionable fitness issues, so it's a gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

So we've let Campbell serge rosicky arteta flamini and looking like Jack go and bought xhaka and promoted Jeff
    Not exactly replacing is it

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I imagine we tried pretty hard to convince him to stay. So f**k him, let him go if he doesn't want to be at the club.
    Like most of the others he'll regret his decision in time

Letting Campbell go was very stupid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

wasn't he supposed to be loyal after all Arsenal done for him?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

These deals aren’t quite on the level of buzz-kill that Wenger achieved the summer he followed up signing Giroud, Cazorla & Podolski with later flogging van Persie & Song... BUT right now I sort of feel like Wenger bought me a white chocolate magnum, and then sat on it on the way home.

I’m still looking forward to eating it; it’ll be a bit messy but probably still pretty tasty… but I’m definitely going to be wondering what it’d be like if it had arrived pristine rather than buttock-warmed.

Hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

wasn't he supposed to be loyal after all Arsenal done for him?

Im not sure if your trying to be sarcastic or not :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

These deals aren’t quite on the level of buzz-kill that Wenger achieved the summer he followed up signing Giroud, Cazorla & Podolski with later flogging van Persie & Song... BUT right now I sort of feel like Wenger bought me a white chocolate magnum, and then sat on it on the way home.

I’m still looking forward to eating it; it’ll be a bit messy but probably still pretty tasty… but I’m definitely going to be wondering what it’d be like if it had arrived pristine rather than buttock-warmed.

Hum.

Bastard you got me laughing out loud at that one :)

.....and you have ruined Magnums for me forever more !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Wilshere to Roma has apparently broken down via @ManuBaio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hum.

I guess thats one way of looking at it :pac:

If AW gave me a white magnum I would probably eat it, but I don't like them.

Milk chocolate or Mint ftw- but you know he got the lidl ones!

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    So we've let Campbell serge rosicky arteta flamini and looking like Jack go and bought xhaka and promoted Jeff
    Not exactly replacing is it

Another way of looking at it is that we have brought in Xhaka and Elneny since last summer, and those two combined will play more minutes than all the players you mentioned.

We have brought in quality, and we still have a lot of numbers, it's just that these numbers are in different positions.

Pity Wenger didn't leave with all these players and it would've been a great summer.

Seriously though, don't expect anything to change this season.
    Injuries and above average play.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

what would jack wheeelchair command in terms of a transfer fee? 25millon? what about theo? 35million... nice mola for bit part players. They are too small and too weak. we will never win the title with them lads. Ox aswell. Dont get me wrong lovely street footballers but with regards modern football and winning titles...they are a waste of time. and thats a FACT.

TBH I am annoyed by the Serge Gnabry situation but if he only has a year left on his contract and doesn't look like he is going to sign an extension then the club has to let him go and cash in the best they can.

If it turns out Campbell was loaned out to create a space for Gnabry then that is pretty bad planning from Wenger.

As regards Wilshire, the guy needs game time. Looking at the squad at the moment he isn't going to get it unless we have a really bad injury crisis so loaning him out makes sense. I would prefer him to play in Spain or Italy than get loaned out to a Premiership club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gandalf wrote: »
    TBH I am annoyed by the Serge Gnabry situation but if he only has a year left on his contract and doesn't look like he is going to sign an extension then the club has to let him go and cash in the best they can.

If it turns out Campbell was loaned out to create a space for Gnabry then that is pretty bad planning from Wenger.

As regards Wilshire, the guy needs game time. Looking at the squad at the moment he isn't going to get it unless we have a really bad injury crisis so loaning him out makes sense. I would prefer him to play in Spain or Italy than get loaned out to a Premiership club.

And what are the chances of that happening, right? :P

mansize wrote: »
    If AW gave me a white magnum I would probably eat it, but I don't like them.

Milk chocolate or Mint ftw- but you know he got the lidl ones!

Some fans will eat up anything Arsene dishes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

cremeegg wrote: »
    They are too small and too weak. we will never win the title with them lads. Ox aswell. Dont get me wrong lovely street footballers but with regards modern football and winning titles...they are a waste of time. and thats a FACT.

Arsenal need big mountains of men like Messi and Nymar.

keano_afc wrote: »
    And what are the chances of that happening, right? :P

Well there's always Sanogo ........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

wonga77 wrote: »
    Have to say Im really disappointed by that, £4.5 million or so is the mentioned fee. I hope we have some kind of buyback clause but I doubt it

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/770984331703713792

As per sky it's £8m, would assume there's some sell-on clause.

GNABRY LEAVES ARSENAL

Serge Gnabry has joined Werder Bremen from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, understood to be in the region of £8m.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Some fans will eat up anything Arsene dishes out

Rather that than what other managers give you...

Short sugar rushes but long term diabetes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

So Wilshere and Campbell gone out on loan and Gnabry sold, that leaves us short on the wings IMO so I'm thinking is there another signing on the way? won't get my hopes up on that though :P is there any top class wingers available though?

• Advertisement

AFC Bournemouth - hmmm Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a loan Jack would be for a relegation threatened club.

Keep him fit and you'd stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gosplan wrote: »
    What a loan Jack would be for a relegation threatened club.

Keep him fit and you'd stay up.

If they can keep Jack Wilshere fit, next window we should buy AFC Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Gnabry is a shame and I know why we all think he is worth far more. We've probably seen his progression closer than most but there are still massive money moves for youngsters all over the place, and Gnabry will probably move straight into that Bremen team. Very surprised arsene let him go for that little, but it seems like this , Campbell and the wilshere move were forced a bit.

Our squad is thinned out a bit again but it does look quite a bit better in some places with people fit again. But losing essentially four (including chambers) first team players would usually signal another purchase.. But we do love a challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mustafi starts for Germany v Finland. On BT2, 7.45 ko if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Bremen got Gnabry for an absolute steal, can't believe we let him go. With the fee's associated with the likes of Martial you'd think we could have got more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sick about Gnabry. Genuinely think he's gonna be a class act. And 8 million...ffs.

Surely there's a buy back clause in there, would be astonished if there wasn't.

He had 1 year left on his contract, what more could the club do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Surely there's a buy back clause in there, would be astonished if there wasn't.

I'm more annoyed about him leaving than jack tbh. I really hope there's a buyback clause but knowing arsenal....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't mind Chambers going out. Best thing for all concerned. 2LB, 2RB and 5CB is fine.

Coq/Xhaka - Elneny/Caz
    Ox/Wally - Ozil/Rambo - Iwobi/Sanchez
    Perez/Giroud

Also Welbeck and Jeff

That's enough depth. Gnabry was probably struggling to make the bench, especially if Petez is a wide option so selling him vrs letting him go for free having not played him for a year makes sense.

But I think Wilshire is better than Ox and Iwobi out wide and also a handy option for the centre in case of injury.

However this can only be good for the player and maybe that'll be good for us long run. I just hope we don't regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Would have preferred to have let Iwobi go over Gnabry, has a lot more potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Would have preferred to have let Iwobi go over Gnabry, has a lot more potential.

Where was the lusting after gnabry last season when he was overweight and bombed at WBA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ronan14 wrote: »

Did you watch Iwobi last season? Jaysis

Don't think I've ever seen Jack as a wide man mentioned so much. I know he can 'do a job' there, but if we are desperate enough to be playing him there, we're in trouble.

Best of luck to him, anyway. Will definitely be following Bournemouth more closely this season.

better not be a Podolski type, more Social Networker than footballer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

All the germans seem to be into it though Ozil is always on it aswell

• Advertisement

All the germans seem to be into it though Ozil is always on it aswell

Ozil can do whatever he likes AFAIC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement