Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Dont even bother HM. You'll only give yourself high blood pressure

He called me out tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Put your mortgage on is beating Chelsea lads, it's what we do, then **** it up the following week

mansize wrote: »
    I didn't see the game, but isn't Arsene suspended?

How bad was Cech for the first???

In all the matches I've seen Ospina is better. Cech's reaction time is too slow, where's all these points he wins for us.

Walcott is a fair weather striker.

Should have started Welbeck and brought on Giroud. The league was gone well before now lads

He is suspended. He didn't have anything to do with the match except making them lose.

Cech was wrong footed. It was an unlucky deflection.

I can only assume Welbeck is being rested after his first start on Saturday. He will definitely feature this Saturday, I'd say.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Put your mortgage on is beating Chelsea lads, it's what we do, then **** it up the following week

I wouldn't. I'd love a result against Munich though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Winning the league isn't the be all.

What is? Being knocked out year on year at the same stage in the CL or the 4th place trophy we challenge for every year? Two FA cups in how many years doesn't keep me happy.

So go on... Is Wenger still the right man?

When we are 2 nil up Walcott will always score but when we're 2 nil down he wouldn't hit a barn door. Little fake footballer.

Lots more of them. I am normally a fan of Ramsey but i cant defend that shambles from him tonight.

I think more than Wenger need to walk the plank at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ah, the annual Wenger out day. It should really have its own name by this stage.

Makes that journey from Munich to Frankfurt less appealing- my German Geography is shyte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

But you consistently say Wenger is the man for the job.

For a team with Arsenal's aspirations it would want to be.

• Advertisement

What is? Being knocked out year on year at the same stage in the CL or the 4th place trophy we challenge for every year? Two FA cups in how many years doesn't keep me happy.

So go on... Is Wenger still the right man?

He's better than the available alternative

Roddy23 wrote: »
    For a team with Arsenal's aspirations it would want to be.

History will teach us how often we win the league.

Ah, the annual Wenger out day. It should really have its own name by this stage.

Is that not every day? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That seems to be what Wenger thinks too. He like money and profits far more.
    He should be chased out of the stadium.

Imagine someone not thinking that winning the league is the most important thing of all.

That seems to be what Wenger thinks too. He like money and profits far more.
    He should be chased out of the stadium.

Imagine someone not thinking that winning the league is the most important thing of all.

Only one team can. You build to a title winning side. This Arsenal side isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Guess it just shows how important it is to have Wenger down in the dugout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Sick of it at this stage we are not good enough simple as that mboro,Bournemouth,Watford all should have been wins , city game was a disgrace too sat back after scoring one you'd feel we should be beating Everton too im afraid after following Arsenal religiously for 21 years we are no longer the big team we think we are. Team has no bottle and hasn't in years,it's a business no desire the win trophies deep down. Wengers time is up but it's not all his fault the whole board are a disgrace and Wenger gets the brunt of it I will always love and respect the man for what he done for the club but it's time for a complete change up internally Ozil and Sanchez definitely won't sign new deals and it's only a matter of time before we fall out of top 4 dreading Chelsea this weekend difficult few years ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It happenes every time we drop points in this thread.

It's a pain in the hole. We all get pissed off when we lose. Get over it and go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Far from merely one annual day at this stage, though this one does have the distinction of being the first of this calender year.

No!!! Still AW's fault!!! Get with the Trump narrative!!! Easy answers ftw

Lemmings heading over the cliff the cliff the cliff ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Well he wouldn't be having the problem with fan's if him and his side didn't bottle and lose silly games to teams below us. Every damn year.

I also love that we always seem to be the team that when you are going through a bad patch you can play Arsenal and they give you the win lol. Everton and Watford a perfect example of it.

Only one team can. You build to a title winning side. This Arsenal side isn't.

The Pyramids were built faster.
    Stop excusing the inexcusable.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well he wouldn't be having the problem with fan's if him and his side didn't bottle and lose silly games to teams below us. Every damn year.

I also love that we always seem to be the team that when you are going through a bad patch you can play Arsenal and they give you the win lol. Everton and Watford a perfect example of it.

What about Chelsea? We didn't end their bad patch, we compounded it!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It happenes every time we drop points in this thread.

It's a pain in the hole. We all get pissed off when we lose. Get over it and go again.

For what top 4 every season. We want titles not to finish above Spurs like its some damn trophy.

The Pyramids were built faster.
    Stop excusing the inexcusable.

Sure Donald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arghus wrote: »
    Far from merely one annual day at this stage, though this one does have the distinction of being the first of this calender year.

Yes, I would define it loosely as being the first day of the season where fans even remotely on the fence about his tenure can no longer defend him. There will be more losses, and more Wenger out days, but the annual event would be the first.

Personally I would be happy to see him leave at the end of the season, been saying that for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can blame Wenger all we want but a crock of ****e like that is down to the players being lazy and gutless. I genuinely fear that a new manager instead of propelling us to glory like everyone seems to think will see us drop into mid-table mediocrity.

Desperate stuff. I find myself following football less and less every day.

For what top 4 every season. We want titles not to finish above Spurs like its some damn trophy.

Wanting titles very frequently and supporting Arsenal has never been a good match

What about Chelsea? We didn't end their bad patch, we compounded it!

Then they went on a fantastic run only stopped by Spurs. Their manager coped on and didn't let them lose to Watford. And they are now so many points ahead.

We for the last few years haven't learned our lesson.

Can blame Wenger all we want but a crock of ****e like that is down to the players being lazy and gutless. I genuinely fear that a new manager instead of propelling us to glory like everyone seems to think will see us drop into mid-table mediocrity.

I don't think there are many managers who would get more out of this side. I can't name one. Only Fabregas and Henry had post Wenger success of note that I can think of

• Advertisement

He shouldnt be at the club fullstop. He's tired, outdated, out of road, out of ideas and overpaid.

He had the chance to walk away a hero having won an FA cup 3 years ago and we'd have all saluted and thanked his efforts but instead he has inflicted 3 further painful years of Wengerball on us. Might win a cup if we are lucky but he is unlikely to win anything of any importance

Then they went on a fantastic run only stopped by Spurs. Their manager coped on and didn't let them lose to Watford. And they are now so many points ahead.

Change manager as frequently as them? I would have loved Conte as manager tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wanting titles very frequently and supporting Arsenal has never been a good match

You ever think about going on Arsenal Fan TV?

He shouldnt be at the club fullstop. He's tired, outdated, out of road, out of ideas and overpaid.

He had the chance to walk away a hero having won an FA cup 3 years ago and we'd have all saluted and thanked his efforts but instead he has inflicted 3 further painful years of Wengerball on us. Might win a cup if we are lucky but he is unlikely to win anything of any importance

Wengerball? Stylish passing football???

Grahamball was hard to watch

You ever think about going on Arsenal Fan TV?

Brah? Not blood. I'm not their kind of guy

We will never again win the EPL under Wenger. Never.

Did we inspire their run??? It doesn't support your original argument bte

We will never again win the EPL under Wenger. Never.

It is more likely than not to be a true statement tbf

Brah? Not blood. I'm not their kind of guy

You ain't Ginger Chris or deluded Ty by any chance :pac:

• Advertisement

We just cant suffer inertia because 'we might' drop down the league. Like the rest of us, the reality is that someday Arsene Wenger will no longer be on this earth and someone will have to take the team at that stage.

Plenty succeeding and winning big trophies in football lately. Hell even Raneiri managed to do it last season with what has proven to be a very limited team

It is more likely than not to be a true statement tbf
    It is very true.

You ain't Ginger Chris or deluded Ty by any chance :pac:

Even my pubes aren't ginger tf!

We just cant suffer inertia because 'we might' drop down the league. Like the rest of us, the reality is that someday Arsene Wenger will no longer be on this earth and someone will have to take the team at that stage.

Plenty succeeding and winning big trophies in football lately. Hell even Raneiri managed to do it last season with what has proven to be a very limited team

One trick pony.

Do you want to do a Leicester?

FixitFelix wrote: »

Such reckless financial advice hasnt been seen since the Celtic Tiger :pac:

How many would we have won under a different manager in the last 11 years?
    I'd say a few.

• Advertisement

Did we inspire their run??? It doesn't support your original argument bte

So we celebrate their run when they win the title cause it was down to us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes but a new manager gives you a bounce these players are too comfortable. Arsenal have to do everything they can to get simione

Plenty? Chelsea, City, united and Leicester have only won it since we last did

One trick pony.

Do you want to do a Leicester?

Not even getting into it with you. It would be a total waste of time. Like as US Attorney General arguing with Donald Trump. Your counter argument has more holes than a colander.

How many would we have won under a different manager in the last 11 years?
    I'd say a few.

With the players we've had....or you mean different manager, different players?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement