Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

How many would we have won under a different manager in the last 11 years?
    I'd say a few.

What years? Based on what evidence? Many tried, many failed. Some even failed to repeat success...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Well, I see the thread ruiner is here, so as a parting post (until tomorrow)...

I can't fully grasp how this team with all it's talent, for this season in particular, can put on such a lackluster performance. And the wording is important here. It was effortless in the first half and Watford exploited us, fair play to them. I wouldn't blame Sanchez and Ozil if they left. Personally, I'd hate to see Sanchez leave. He's an infuriating player on his bad days, but is energy and endeavor are remarkable. He just never stops. Ozil? Yes he's world class, but nights like tonight, he's a passenger. You'd never see Bergkamp so lackluster at all.

We could go and beat Chelsea over the weekend, but let's face it. Our next 2 weeks in February is that usual time that our season goes to sh1te! We'll lose or draw with Chelsea and then Bayern will beat us out the gate. You just know it!

Goodly night Gooners!

Not even getting into it with you. It would be a total waste of time. Like as US Attorney General arguing with Donald Trump. Your counter argument has more holes than a colander.

Well poke though them then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

mansize wrote: »
    It is more likely than not to be a true statement tbf

So if you agree that's the case, why would you stick with Wenger ffs? How about trying something new instead of sticking with the same old ****e season after season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    With the players we've had....or you mean different manager, different players?

I reckon we'd have won a few titles under a different manager.

Anyone who doesn't agree with me is Donald Trump. Pathetic, snivelling attempt at an argument.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Well, I see the thread ruiner is here, so as a parting post (until tomorrow)...

I can't fully grasp how this team with all it's talent, for this season in particular, can put on such a lackluster performance. And the wording is important here. It was effortless in the first half and Watford exploited us, fair play to them. I wouldn't blame Sanchez and Ozil if they left. Personally, I'd hate to see Sanchez leave. He's an infuriating player on his bad days, but is energy and endeavor are remarkable. He just never stops. Ozil? Yes he's world class, but nights like tonight, he's a passenger. You'd never see Bergkamp so lackluster at all.

We could go and beat Chelsea over the weekend, but let's face it. Our next 2 weeks in February is that usual time that our season goes to sh1te! We'll lose or draw with Chelsea and then Bayern will beat us out the gate. You just know it!

Goodly night Gooners!

I shall tip my cap to your wisdom and log out myself.

So if you agree that's the case, why would you stick with Wenger ffs? How about trying something new instead of sticking with the same old ****e season after season.

Because I appreciate the enormity of the task of winning the league.

And loyalty to the manager when we bottle it.

Anyone who doesn't agree with me is Donald Trump. Pathetic, snivelling attempt at an argument.

Yep.

Goodnight all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It is massive I know as a liverpool fan. But arsenal have not even challenged in years they should be challenging. They have the squad money stadium to challenge.

And loyalty to the manager when we bottle it.

I think loyalty is an admirable trait. Misplaced loyalty however isn't.

I think Wenger has earned my loyalty as a fan and I do support him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah so you don't believe that there is anyone out there that can win Arsenal a league again?

niallo27 wrote: »
    It is massive I know as a liverpool fan. But arsenal have not even challenged in years they should be challenging. They have the squad money stadium to challenge.

Money isn't there to the level some believe it is.

Yeah so you don't believe that there is anyone out there that can win Arsenal a league again?

He is at the club, if we had the right players.

He works under the constraints of the board remember

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Quiet niallo. Can't you see we're building here?

Ranieri? Conte? What's that now?

I never said that. But chose to interpret it in order to take cheap shots.

My arguments are neither pathetic nor snivelling, and your crude misinterpreted statement doesn't back that up

Quiet niallo. Can't you see we're building here?

Ranieri? Conte? What's that now?

Ranieri - once off. Conte. Big squad and Russian largesse at his disposal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

13 years. 13 years and we've never come truly close to winning it again. Completely tactically inept. Stumbles across a winning formula at the start of the season with Sanchez up top with Giroud as an option B battering ram but then scraps it for no reason. Plays a particularly offensively inept and mistake prone CB at RB despite having one of the most exciting RB's in the league at his disposal.

One of the best team performances all season mid week, drops almost the entire squad. Ox was superb, still plays Ramsey who hasn't had a noticeably good game in years.

All his talk of playing the best football, playing the quickest football, we still end up ****ing balls into a clumsy big man who will never be title winning quality.

The audacity to speak mid week of having the best offensive quality at his disposal since Henry and Bergkamp and then can barely limp home a goal against Watford. Joke

• Advertisement

Our squad is bigger and of better quality IMO. No tactics or leadership though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

to what ends will all the wenger fanboys want wenger gone? When we are out of the top 4?

domrush wrote: »
    Our squad is bigger and of better quality IMO. No tactics or leadership though

Bigger and better than Chelsea's??? Really???

to what ends will all the wenger fanboys want wenger gone? When we are out of the top 4?

When he announces his retirement

Bigger and better than Chelsea's??? Really???

Yeah individually I do. They just have a manager that understands modern tactics. Simple really

Yeah individually I do. They just have a manager that understands modern tactics. Simple really

Players that would make the Chelsea team?

Bellerin, Kos, Özil? Sanchez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I feel like all the wenger fanboys were born in the 90s and know nothing else. Pure insitutuonlsed.

There were managers before Wenger and there was success with league titles too. There will be success when Wenger finally decides to go too.

Don't be afraid children. Let grandpa go.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/29/spurs-manchester-united-city-daniel-levy-china-premier-league

Newsflash: we're not the plucky little underdogs punching above our weight anymore.

13 years. 13 years and we've never come truly close to winning it again. Completely tactically inept. Stumbles across a winning formula at the start of the season with Sanchez up top with Giroud as an option B battering ram but then scraps it for no reason. Plays a particularly offensively inept and mistake prone CB at RB despite having one of the most exciting RB's in the league at his disposal.

One of the best team performances all season mid week, drops almost the entire squad. Ox was superb, still plays Ramsey who hasn't had a noticeably good game in years.

All his talk of playing the best football, playing the quickest football, we still end up ****ing balls into a clumsy big man who will never be title winning quality.

The audacity to speak mid week of having the best offensive quality at his disposal since Henry and Bergkamp and then can barely limp home a goal against Watford. Joke

Sanchez up top did get scrapped for a reason, there were injuries and he had to reshuffle. Likewise with Bellerin not playing. He's returning from injury and didn't want to play him 3 times in a week. Surely these things are obvious?

They played well against a second string saints on Saturday, but they also have 3 matches in a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/29/spurs-manchester-united-city-daniel-levy-china-premier-league

Newsflash: we're not the plucky little underdogs punching above our weight anymore.

Were we ever???

I feel like all the wenger fanboys were born in the 90s and know nothing else. Pure insitutuonlsed.

There were managers before Wenger and there was success with league titles too. There will be success when Wenger finally decides to go too.

Don't be afraid children. Let grandpa go.

It's hardly that. A lot of people would be happy for him to go depending on who is brought in. Just getting rid of him doesn't make things any better.

• Advertisement

I was born 10 years before the 90's and things were a lot bleaker.

When he announces his retirement
    I do admire your loyalty in fairness although I do think Arsenal need a change.

I do admire your loyalty in fairness although I do think Arsenal need a change.

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, this isn't putin's Russia or Trump's America

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion, this isn't putin's Russia or Trump's America
    Without a doubt no one can question your loyalty. You are wrong sticking with wenger though.

Without a doubt no one can question your loyalty. You are wrong sticking with wenger though.

I think changing manager as often as Liverpool would be foolhardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

What's the point on blocking someone when I can see every quoted post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's hardly that. A lot of people would be happy for him to go depending on who is brought in. Just getting rid of him doesn't make things any better.

I know.... I'm not saying that. But you can't sit there and say for the last 5 or 6 years other managers weren't available. That's a point always thrown back in the face of anyone who wants Wenger gone. I mean his contract has been running down for what 3 years now, the club should absolutely be lining up his replacement... Ya know if it wasn't all about the bank balance.

Don't see why everyone is so afraid of change. Every other top team in Europe's big leagues have changed manager every few years and still remained in contention. Mourinho's united will go further than us next year if we have Wenger at the helm

Don't see why everyone is so afraid of change. Every other top team in Europe's big leagues have changed manager every few years and still remained in contention. Mourinho's united will go further than us next year if we have Wenger at the helm

In the league?

In the league?

Yeah. Fully expect them to make a convincing title challenge next year, unlike us.

• Advertisement

I think changing manager as often as Liverpool would be foolhardy

Yes but you shouid try it every 20 years or so.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Tonight was the last straw. Bould has to go.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Tonight was the last straw. Bould has to go.

To Bouldly go?

Didn't realise motd was on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh the one sentence wonder is here to ruin the thread again I see.

Too cocky tonight with a poor starting XI and no leadership in the team or from management.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

To Bouldly go?

Didn't realise motd was on
    Dammit I thought it was tomorrow :(

Dammit I thought it was tomorrow :(

11.45 on BBC Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

FixitFelix wrote: »
    What's the point on blocking someone when I can see every quoted post?

One of my biggest gripes on this board. That twat just wont shut up!

That seems to be what Wenger thinks too. He like money and profits far more.
    He should be chased out of the stadium.

Imagine someone not thinking that winning the league is the most important thing of all.

Do people really think Wenger should be chased out of the stadium???

I'd find that deplorable and ignorant and ungrateful myself were that ever to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Do people really think Wenger should be chased out of the stadium???

I'd find that deplorable and ignorant and ungrateful myself were that ever to happen.

We'll call me deplorable, ignorant and ungrateful I'm guilty as charged

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    We'll call me deplorable, ignorant and ungrateful I'm guilty as charged

the situation, not you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement