Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Missed the second goal, feckin stream, but didn't expect anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Missed the second goal, feckin stream, but didn't expect anything else.

If you care for your sanity try not to ever watch it, the most amateur defending you'll ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

I don't really even care much anymore.

Love Conte's show of emotion on the side line. I'll hold off on Wenger until FT.

omega man wrote: »
    I don't really even care much anymore.

Love Conte's show of emotion on the side line. I'll hold off on Wenger until FT.

Just glad I'm in the pub today. I'm getting more wound up than I thought I would. ****ing absolutely pathetic.

Giroud for Coq. Might as well.

I love how Neville is giving the Arsenal midfield grief. We are missing 4 players there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

If you care for your sanity try not to ever watch it, the most amateur defending you'll ever see.

Wenger clearly did not learn from our loss to Watford. Wait for the excuses. Title ambitions ....dream on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Danny double incoming.

It's the hope......

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Wenger clearly did not learn from our loss to Watford. Wait for the excuses. Title ambitions ....dream on.

What does that mean? What was he meant to learn that was to be applied today?

Basil3 wrote: »
    What does that mean? What was he meant to learn that was to be applied today?

Break the mould. Park the bus with the lack of mid field players. Too late now.

• Advertisement

Break the mould. Park the bus with the lack of mid field players. Too late now.

To park the bus, you need to have a reasonable defensive midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Yet another anonymous display by Özil these past months. Ox has had a good game imo. One of the few out there.

Basil3 wrote: »
    To park the bus, you need to have a reasonable defensive midfield.

Did he try it, even with what we got? No.

Did he try it, even with what we got? No.

Nope, because that wouldn't have any logic to it.

Yet another anonymous display by Özil these past months. Ox has had a good game imo. One of the few out there.

I reckon he and Sanchez are on the way out.
    Nothing to win at Arsenal under Mr Magoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I reckon he and Sanchez are on the way out.
    Nothing to win at Arsenal under Mr Magoo.

With what Özil has offered this season so far, I don't think he'd be missed if we got a replacement. One of my favourite players but I'd have to admit he's not consistent enough to be a vital player to this team.

I think Sanchez will stay. God help us if he doesn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wow just wow

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Complacency just runs through the veins of this club. Major changes needed.

Were the Chelsea fans singing "we hope you stay" to Wenger?

Did anyone here actually expect anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Groundhog day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

right folks see u next season. Thats us done for the title

right folks see u next season. Thats us done for the title
    We were done months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not watching as I am just back in but it is tiring to see us do our normal capitulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Did anyone here actually expect anything else?

This. I'm not disappointed about this because I expected nothing other than a no-show and a comfortable Chelsea win. So I couldn't care less.

keano_afc wrote: »
    This. I'm not disappointed about this because I expected nothing other than a no-show and a comfortable Chelsea win. So I couldn't care less.

I'm very invested in football so I do get angry at games, but I'm really passive compared to the Watford game, it was that obvious this was going to happen.

8 out 0f the last 10 lost at the Bridge.
    Shocking record under Wenger there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

8 out 0f the last 10 lost at the Bridge.
    Shocking record under Wenger there.

What his overall record there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm very invested in football so I do get angry at games, but I'm really passive compared to the Watford game, it was that obvious this was going to happen.

Same here mate. Watford annoyed the snot out of me because it was a game we should have won. I had zero expectations about today so I ain't getting worked up over a result I thoroughly expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yeah I'd agree with the above. Season is panning out exactly as the last few.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What his overall record there?

Don't know but that would suggest he's going backwards like we've been saying.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Same here mate. Watford annoyed the snot out of me because it was a game we should have won. I had zero expectations about today so I ain't getting worked up over a result I thoroughly expected.

I'm sitting here playing the bass watching the goals come in on another screen, I just keep playing. Not going to devote my attention to an obvious and embarrassing loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Right Wenger , sling your hook, on your way , and take your Wengerites with you. 
    We've had enough listening to you and your bull**** excuses and your apologists who have no understanding of modern football. 
    Cheerio , come back in 5 years and we will move you up stairs. You dont deserve to move up right away given what you have put the club and the fans thru for the last decade or more.

Yep again the common denominator here is Wenger, if we are a club that has ambitions to win the league or the champions league then a new manager is needed. It is obvious that the man cannot motivate the team to go that extra mile.

gandalf wrote: »
    Yep again the common denominator here is Wenger, if we are a club that has ambitions to win the league or the champions league then a new manager is needed. It is obvious that the man cannot motivate the team to go that extra mile.

You can copy and paste that for next year and the one after too.
    Same sh*t, different season.

Laughed at the Chelsea fans singing to Wenger "we want you to stay".

Don't know but that would suggest he's going backwards like we've been saying.

I'm pretty sure if you look at it, it will show that when Abramovic showed up, it skewed the competition. But i premsume we'll just carry on bitching about our best ever manager anyway.

You can copy and paste that for next year and the one after too.
    Same sh*t, different season.

Laughed at the Chelsea fans singing to Wenger "we want you to stay".

Every other fan was chanting the same about Moyes and Van Gaal at United but at least their board acted decisively when it was obvious they weren't capable of delivering the results they required. Contrast that with the Arsenal board who are happy that the revenue stream is not impacted so don't want to act. Wenger tbh is just damaging his reputation the longer he stays, he really should see sense and walk now rather than compound the memory of Arsenal fans as him as the nearly man instead of the achievements of his golden age including the invincibles season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Nothing left for it now but to go all in for the Champions League, hope the lads are up for it.

Right Wenger , sling your hook, on your way , and take your Wengerites with you. 
    We've had enough listening to you and your bull**** excuses and your apologists who have no understanding of modern football. 
    Cheerio , come back in 5 years and we will move you up stairs. You dont deserve to move up right away given what you have put the club and the fans thru for the last decade or more.

No understanding of modern football.

Hahahaha. Brilliant.

I'm pretty sure if you look at it, it will show that when Abramovic showed up, it skewed the competition. But i premsume we'll just carry on bitching about our best ever manager anyway.

You defend the indefensible Donie. Wenger has assembled a team of cowardly bottlers apart from one or two.
    I wonder if you ever played the game at all or know anything about it.
    Our "best ever manager" has lost the plot a long time ago.

• Advertisement

You defend the indefensible Donie. Wenger has assembled a team of cowardly bottlers apart from one or two.
    I wonder if you ever played the game at all or know anything about it.
    Our "best ever manager" has lost the plot a long time ago.

Oh, do please enlighten me.

As i understand from this thread, it's "I've aligned myself to this team, therefore I'm entitled to demand they beat all the other teams."

Is that it?

Oh, do please enlighten me.

As i understand from this thread, it's "I've aligned myself to this team, therefore I'm entitled to demand they beat all the other teams."

Is that it?

Well to me you seem more aligned to Wenger than to Arsenal because you couldn't really defend the displays his teams have produced and how we're out of the league at the same stage every year.

Nothing left for it now but to go all in for the Champions League, hope the lads are up for it.

I doubt it. We will still have Wenger. Our big players do not do it when the pressure is on. One thing we are consistent at is the " same old Arsenal". We will struggle for 4th place, as the race for the top 4 is so competitive.

I doubt it. We will still have Wenger. Our big players do not do it when the pressure is on. One thing we are consistent at is the " same old Arsenal". We will struggle for 4th place, as the race for the top 4 is so competitive.

Wenger will be dragged out of the club by people in white coats in years to come. He will brazen it out. He has no scruples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

If Chelsea can do that to us, imagine what Bayern will do lol. The fight to stay in top 4 is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Looper007 wrote: »
    If Chelsea can do that to us, imagine what Bayern will do lol. The fight to stay in top 4 is on.

Bayern not the force they were. Still a top team but not much in it between them & Chelsea this season imo.

Obvious favorites but beatable.

• Advertisement

Well to me you seem more aligned to Wenger than to Arsenal because you couldn't really defend the displays his teams have produced and how we're out of the league at the same stage every year.

The pro Wenger lot are like that. They love him more then the Club, hope they follow him when he goes . I'm fed up hearing Wenger is our greatest manager, George Graham won us a European cup and won us titles and what about Herbert Champman, when Arsenal won constant titles and not one here and there. The disrespect some of our so called fans have to our history pre Wenger is shocking.

Bayern not the force they were. Still a top team but not much in it between them & Chelsea this season imo.

Obvious favorites but beatable.

They will still beat us anyway doesn't matter if they aren't the best side in Europe anymore. Any big side will pick us off.

The pro Wenger lot are like that. They love him more then the Club, hope they follow him when he goes . I'm fed up hearing Wenger is our greatest manager, George Graham won us a European cup and won us titles and what about Herbert Champman, when Arsenal won constant titles and not one here and there. The disrespect some of our so called fans have to our history pre Wenger is shocking.

No team walked all over us under George Graham.
    Our teams had bottle then.

I don't want to be the one to point this out - it kind of flies in the face of the whining - but over two games the score between us and Chelsea this season was 4-3 in our favour.

I don't want to be the one to point this out - it kind of flies in the face of the whining - but over two games the score between us and Chelsea this season was 4-3 in our favour.

Oh FFS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement