Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh FFS.

Sorry, forgive me.

What I meant was "Waa waaaa waaaa. The Chelsea fans were slagging us! Waaaaaaa!"

F*** sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sorry, forgive me.

What I meant was "Waa waaaa waaaa. The Chelsea fans were slagging us! Waaaaaaa!"

F*** sake.

I'm with ya Donie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sorry, forgive me.

F*** sake.

TWELVE points, 12 behind them. That's why.
    But continue to defend Mr Magoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I don't want to be the one to point this out - it kind of flies in the face of the whining - but over two games the score between us and Chelsea this season was 4-3 in our favour.

don't even go there right now. I'm in the mood to rip some wenger lovers to shreds right now lol

Looper007 wrote: »
    don't even go there right now. I'm in the mood to rip some wenger lovers to shreds right now lol

Unfortunately around here you're either Wenger out or a Wenger lover. There's plenty of us that sit between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Tayto you seem to hold GG up on a pedestal. We got trashed by Utd while he was there. We also were hovering just above relegation the year he was sacked. Think your arsenal history has been skewed by time.

Graham provided Arsenal with a resilience which we haven't seen since the Wenger Highbury days. To say GG was the only recent manager to provide us with this steel is just plain wrong. Wenger managed it too but it doesnt buy into the narrative.

Like others though, think AW's time is up. I'll hold him in the highest regard by remembering the good days and by not forgetting the bad days too.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Tayto you seem to hold GG up on a pedestal. We got trashed by Utd while he was there. We also were hovering just above relegation the year he was sacked. Think your arsenal history has been skewed by time.

Graham provided Arsenal with a resilience which we haven't seen since the Wenger Highbury days. To say GG was the only recent manager to provide us with this steel is just plain wrong. Wenger managed it too but it doesnt buy into the narrative.

Like others though, think AW's time is up. I'll hold him in the highest regard by remembering the good days and by not forgetting the bad days too.

Wrong. Graham was starved of money in his latter two years and that's why we dropped down the table. He had probably more glory than Wenger given the time he was manager too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I don't want to be the one to point this out - it kind of flies in the face of the whining - but over two games the score between us and Chelsea this season was 4-3 in our favour.

The stat the commentator called out at the end on NBC was the last 5 matches at Stamford bridge the score is 15-1 to Chelsea,that's shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

If u think the last few pages were hard reading just wait till the rugbys over...

Wrong. Graham was starved of money in his latter two years and that's why we dropped down the table. He had probably more glory than Wenger given the time he was manager too.

Deluded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

That was just woeful.. coquelin has no business being anywhere near the team. Useless

Deluded

Who? You or Wenger?

Wait, hold on a sec, all of a sudden financial restraints are fine as an excuse??

Wait, hold on a sec, all of a sudden financial restraints are fine as an excuse??

They were used often enough for Wenger in fairness.

Who? You or Wenger?

Nice. You've definitely mastered the arts of arguing.

Nothing I said was wrong, just you're myopic views of the Graham years means you've forgotten how it all came crashing down. He was a good manager for us but equally too was Wenger.
    No doubt your mates will be along shortly to back you up. Ive supported Arsenal long enough to make my mind up, don't need the likes of you or the rest of the mob to try enforce their views.

Just hope when Wenger goes he'll be afforded the same respect you still have for George Graham even though he would go on to manage the enemy.

Nice. You've definitely mastered the arts of arguing.

Nothing I said was wrong, just you're myopic views of the Graham years means you've forgotten how it all came crashing down. He was a good manager for us but equally too was Wenger.
    No doubt your mates will be along shortly to back you up. Ive supported Arsenal long enough to make my mind up, don't need the likes of you or the rest of the mob to try enforce their views.

Just hope when Wenger goes he'll be afforded the same respect you still have for George Graham even though he would go on to manage the enemy.
    Very little wrong with my memory and I don't need anyone to get my back.
    Calling those who want Wenger out a "mob" actually says a lot about where your allegiencies lie too. And yes, I do believe Graham was a better manager despite your opinions on his abilities.

Anyone hear Wenger's excuse today as I missed it?

They were used often enough for Wenger in fairness.

If you mention either the cost of the stadium or financial doping here in defence of Wenger you get shouted down by about twenty people.

If you mention either the cost of the stadium or financial doping here in defence of Wenger you get shouted down by about twenty people.

There has been no excuse this last 4 years since the stadium is paid for and we have the highest priced tickets in the league.

• Advertisement

There has been no excuse this last 4 years since the stadium is paid for and we have the highest priced tickets in the league.

Yup, we're not restrained like we were, we still aren't on the same level as Chelsea/City/United financially....at least because of the way the club is run.

Still no excuse for why our star players didn't perform today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The stadium is NOT paid for. How it was treated on the balance sheet changed.

I'm hurting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

The attitude of many of the players isn't great, could probably do with clearing away a few in the summer. I just don't understand why we have to play the same formation all the time. I'm not disappointed because I had this game chalked down as a loss but how many years is that now that we've simply rolled over at Stamford bridge ?

Barlett wrote: »
    The attitude of many of the players isn't great, could probably do with clearing away a few in the summer. I just don't understand why we have to play the same formation all the time. I'm not disappointed because I had this game chalked down as a loss but how many years is that now that we've simply rolled over at Stamford bridge ?

Same at Old Trafford. We have a poor mentality and are a pushover for big physical teams. Manager not capable of changing a system, remember the 6 - 0 at the Bridge a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

There was zero argument to 'financial doping' as soon as Leicester won the league, end of. I don't care where their season is this year before you throw that back....

omega man wrote: »
    There was zero argument to 'financial doping' as soon as Leicester won the league, end of. I don't care where their season is this year before you throw that back....

Exactly. Where they are now is absolutely irrelevant. Winning the league one season and falling asunder the following season can be two non linked events. Only a moron would argue otherwise

• Advertisement

Wenger has proven time and again he is tactically inept in big games. The players who he recruited have let him down but Wenger still persists with them and his mindbogglingly naive tactics

Wenger has proven time and again he is tactically inept in big games. The players who he recruited have let him down but Wenger still persists with them and his mindbogglingly naive tactics

Tactics didn't cost us today. As I said, this is pretty much the same team that beat Chelsea 3-0....they've shown they can beat them.

:eek:

Absolutely astonishing. Mansize wouldn't come out with it

Basil3 wrote: »
    Tactics didn't cost us today. As I said, this is pretty much the same team that beat Chelsea 3-0....they've shown they can beat them.

I get what you are saying and there is truth in the fact that there is questionable application amongst the whole.

Still though the amount of players continously caught up the field is incredible. They must be asleep on the line or not being listened to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Wenger. Must. Go. Blud.

• Advertisement

Thanks

So the big games he won, do they count for nought? Or is this some alternative fact where he's never won a big game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

At this stage this discussion is comedy gold. 
    Ive said my piece, hope to be back for the start of next season, after Wenger is gone. He is not worth it and certainly his apologists on this forum are not worth it, a bigger bunch of clueless football analysts Ive never met.. cheerio.  
    Right Wenger , sling your hook, on your way , and take your Wengerites with you. 
    We've had enough listening to you and your bull**** excuses and your apologists who have no understanding of modern football. 
    Cheerio , come back in 5 years and we will move you up stairs. You dont deserve to move up right away given what you have put the club and the fans thru for the last decade or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

mansize wrote: »
    So the big games he won, do they count for nought? Or is this some alternative fact where he's never won a big game?

Go have a look at wengers record vs the big teams and it's SHOCKINGLY bad. Winning one in 5 or 6 against these teams essentially counts as nought.

At this stage this discussion is comedy gold. 
    Ive said my piece, hope to be back for the start of next season, after Wenger is gone. He is not worth it and certainly his apologists on this forum are not worth it, a bigger bunch of clueless football analysts Ive never met.. cheerio.  
    Right Wenger , sling your hook, on your way , and take your Wengerites with you. 
    We've had enough listening to you and your bull**** excuses and your apologists who have no understanding of modern football. 
    Cheerio , come back in 5 years and we will move you up stairs. You dont deserve to move up right away given what you have put the club and the fans thru for the last decade or more.

See you next year. I'll personally miss all of your insightful analysis throughout the remainder of the season. People like yourself with a true understanding of modern football are a rare breed.

Good luck, and goodbye.

Last seasons results against the top 4 was impressive if I recall

See you next year. I'll personally miss all of your insightful analysis throughout the remainder of the season. People like yourself with a true understanding of modern football are a rare breed.

Good luck, and goodbye.

The awful thing about it is that we'll be having the same arguments for a lot of years to come under this manager. He's not going to go so we can expect more of the same. We are threading water and we'll win no EPL until he leaves.

The awful thing about it is that we'll be having the same arguments for a lot of years to come under this manager. He's not going to go so we can expect more of the same. We are threading water and we'll win no EPL until he leaves.

Probably true. There will be the same with a new manager. I'm sure the Liverpool fans are heading that way :D

Probably true. There will be the same with a new manager. I'm sure the Liverpool fans are heading that way :D

There is no guarantee of success with a new manager but it's a chance we have to take. What's happening now is totally unacceptable and it's just cowardice to be afraid of change.

There is no guarantee of success with a new manager but it's a chance we have to take. What's happening now is totally unacceptable and it's just cowardice to be afraid of change.

Definitely, at some stage the change has to be made, until then we will just plod along. Our seasons are so predictable now that its just plain boring.

Meanwhile Spurs are 1 - 0 up to Boro, A probable win tomorrow for City and we're back to fourth. The only thing thats saving us really is that the Pool are imploding and Utd are very hit and miss

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, what point are you trying to make?

We scored 4 against them. They scored 3 against us.

Now, go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

No guarantee of success with a new manager, blud. But no chance of success with Wenger, fam. He has been there for too long and worked too hard to just walk away, blud. It's kinda like that episode of Father Ted where they tried to hammer out that dent in the car but ended up trashing it, fam. Wenger can't walk away, blud. He can't give up on a bad note, fam. But there is nobody to sack him, blud.

Now, go ahead.

A meaningless stat. It counts for nothing. Were 12 pts behind. That's the stat that matters and tells the real truth

Now, go ahead.

To be fair, what point were you trying to make?
    We walloped Chelsea 3 - 0 and look how they have responded. I wonder how we'll react to today's defeat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

No offense but I'd imagine this is spoken by someone not in charge of a multi million pound business. They ain't trying out a new take away.

wonga77 wrote: »
    To be fair, what point were you trying to make?
    We walloped Chelsea 3 - 0 and look how they have responded. I wonder how we'll react to today's defeat...

It was in response to a post that said if Chelsea do this to us, what will Bayern do.

My point was that in two games we scored more than they did.

Which apparently is meaningless.

It was in response to a post that said if Chelsea do this to us, what will Bayern do.

Anything that doesn't suit the alternative facts usually is

Fair enough, thought it was a random enough comment and yeah I would say a meaningless stat
    mansize wrote: »
    Anything that doesn't suit the alternative facts usually is

The words pot and kettle quickly come to mind.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Fair enough, thought it was a random enough comment and yeah I would say a meaningless stat

The words pot and kettle quickly come to mind.

I don't use hyperbole in my arguments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement