Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

All the germans seem to be into it though Ozil is always on it aswell

They have PR people doing most if not all of their tweets. Özil's PR f'cked up last week and posted to the wrong account.

CoxQvYdXEAAoGac.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Don't see the connection between players online presence and footballing ability at all tbh.

Just heard from an #itk in my own head that Wilshere has been sent to scope out Howe before he takes over from Wenger next season.

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

"Shkodran Mustafi picking up an injury for Germany tonight. He only signed for Arsenal yesterday . "
    14199611_1101327266624659_6635232136615930116_n.jpg?oh=a35196e63de5ceb88208403738aee90a&oe=5849FDA9

Spotted this FCUK sake , anyone know if its serious or just a knock ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just a knock, happened about 50 or so minutes but he played the rest of the game anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

pudzey101 wrote: »
    "Shkodran Mustafi picking up an injury for Germany tonight. He only signed for Arsenal yesterday . "
    14199611_1101327266624659_6635232136615930116_n.jpg?oh=a35196e63de5ceb88208403738aee90a&oe=5849FDA9

Spotted this FCUK sake , anyone know if its serious or just a knock ??

Just a knock, he limpled for a bit, ran it off and finished the game. Özil scored, kind of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spurs blowing 30m on Sissoko :eek::pac:

Spurs blowing 30m on Sissoko :eek::pac:

Absolute madness, a player that never turned up when his club needed him last season but played well in the euros just to get a move. Tells you all you need to know about him. Sign of the market though. He'll get some reception at Everton :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You know, if Arsenal did that, we'd all be raging at that! They really are the gift that keep on giving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

might as well finish this, asano's the only one i bothered taking off, I just strikethrough the rest, it's too messy/cba to correct it.

16 non HG, still room for 1 more :pac:
    9 in the HG, think one of the keepers will go on loan

# non HG HG u21
    1 cech szcz chambers
    2 ospina gibbs bellerin
    3 monreal jenkinson holding
    4 mert coquelin belik
    5 kos ramsey gnabry
    6 gabriel wilshere zelalem
    7 cazorla ox iwobi
    8 xhaka walcott the jeff 31
    9 elneny welbeck akpom
    10 ozil martinez(gk) willock
    11 sanchez macey(gk)
    12 campbell
    13 giroud
    14 debuchy
    15 sanogo
    16 mustafi
    17 perez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club are running a charity 5 a-side Tournament in aid of ARC Cancer Support on Saturday, 5th November 2016.

The venue is Phoenix Park, Dublin. The matches will be played in the morning followed by award ceremony in the afternoon/evening in the Mercantile Hotel, Dame Street, Dublin. There will be finger food, music, lots of spot prizes. Transport from Mercantile and back will be provided.

Entry fee per team €150 (includes transport from Mercantile Hotel to pitch and back, food, entertainment, entry to raffle for superior prizes).

Each team must have 2 players over the age of 35.

To register or for further information email: arc5aside@gmail.com

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

i was talking to an ex-bookmaker today and he says arsenalwill make top 4 this year, ot fgona win it obv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

k

XR3i wrote: »
    i was talking to an ex-bookmaker today and he says arsenalwill make top 4 this year, ot fgona win it obv

I was talking to one of my clients today, and she didn't know what transfer deadline day is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just heard from an #itk in my own head that Wilshere has been sent to scope out Howe before he takes over from Wenger next season.

You heard it here first.

Funnily enough I was thinking this myself today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Doubt we'll improve on last years position, my guess is 4th this year behind the two Manchester clubs an Chelsea in 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Doubt we'll improve on last years position, my guess is 4th this year behind the two Manchester clubs an Chelsea in 3rd.

The only way we can improve is too win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I only just realised from reading the Guardian gossip column that Debuchy never left yesterday. I don't think with his current attitude that he's even a useful squad player.

cashback wrote: »
    I only just realised from reading the Guardian gossip column that Debuchy never left yesterday. I don't think with his current attitude that he's even a useful squad player.

Can see him leaving in January , AFAIK wenger refused to leave him go on loan with Espanyol and Fiorentina interested .

If anything does happen Bellerin where short at right back with Jenkinson out untill november with a knee problem :)

Whats Debuchy's current attitude about?

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Whats Debuchy's current attitude about?

No idea, but Bellerin hasn't been playing the best. I'd give Debuchy a start.

Perez takes #9
    Mustafi #20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Basil3 wrote: »
    No idea, but Bellerin hasn't been playing the best. I'd give Debuchy a start.

Not so sure about that. Debuchy was given the odd opportunity to make a case for himself last year and I thought he never looked too great. I'd trust Bellerin over him, unless his form becomes catastrophic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Only about two weeks ago Pochetino was saying the other PL clubs are desperate spending 30m on players. Goes out and spunks 30m on sissoko of all players. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Only about two weeks ago Pochetino was saying the other PL clubs are desperate spending 30m on players. Goes out and spunks 30m on sissoko of all players. Classic.

An Arsenal supporting player that is!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

wawaman wrote: »

An Arsenal supporting player that is!!!
    Speaking of Arsenal supporting players - anybody see the piece on Alessandro Costacurta - absolute hero of a man and some great quotes.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160831/-joining-spurs-would-have-been-treason-

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Speaking of Arsenal supporting players - anybody see the piece on Alessandro Costacurta - absolute hero of a man and some great quotes.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160831/-joining-spurs-would-have-been-treason-

True professional Costacurta was , shame money has things the way it is these days .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Xhaka on meeting Wenger for the first time:

"Pure excitement! I was really very nervous. He has an incredible way, an insane charisma."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Giroud with a goal for France against Italy. Nice finish too. He'll finally be fully match fit for the Saints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

greendom wrote: »
    Giroud with a goal for France against Italy. Nice finish too. He'll finally be fully match fit for the Saints.
    Wenger will probably give him another weeks holidays off after the strenuous international break

:pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    Wenger will probably give him another weeks holidays off after the strenuous international break

:pac:

He was subbed at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The French fans still booing him?

mansize wrote: »
    The French fans still booing him?

Game was in Bari so Pogba was the main recipient of boos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Xhaka saying he has only spoken to wenger 2 or 3 times so far and he doesn't speak much to the players.

Strange one.

I can't imagine Wenger as a kind of 'arm around the shoulder' boss. I'd say he keeps his distance and has a professional relationship with the players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I can't imagine Wenger as a kind of 'arm around the shoulder' boss. I'd say he keeps his distance and has a professional relationship with the players
    Surely even the most distant manager would talk to his players, especially his new players more than one a fortnight. Xhaka plays in the middle. He has a massive influence on the style of play. Surely Wenger would be in constant touch to try put his style of play onto new players when they come in.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wenger has lost his ability to be an effective manager and sends out his teams unprepared. The fact that he has rarely talked to Xhaka kind of backs up that point.

I would see "instructing" players and "talking" to them as two different things tbf.

He has talked twice to him also.

Sometimes our players look like headless chickens on the pitch with regards what they are to be doing at certain times.

They need instruction like all players.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Wenger has lost his ability to be an effective manager and sends out his teams unprepared. The fact that he has rarely talked to Xhaka kind of backs up that point.

Yeah, I guess when he was winning the league he was preparing his team well, and talking to all the players.....then eventually he decided to stop talking to them or preparing them, in the hope that it would take the team to the next level.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Xhaka saying he has only spoken to wenger 2 or 3 times so far and he doesn't speak much to the players.

Strange one.

I'd like to see the exact quote for this - wonder what language it was given in - German ? Albanian ?

• Advertisement

I'd like to see the exact quote for this - wonder what language it was given in - German ? Albanian ?

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/09/xhaka-talks-arsenal-switzerland-full-transcript/

Could be taken out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I'd say he means on a one to one basis, he probably talks to him in the context of team talks to get across what he wants and throughout training, giving out instructions during sessions. I think some people are just looking for a stick to beat wenger with constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I really enjoyed this

https://youtu.be/lf0YXK6tQrM

I really enjoyed this

https://youtu.be/lf0YXK6tQrM

She was definitely doing a bit of flirting with the boss there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »

She could flirt all she liked with me.
    Plenty of life in the auld dog still. :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    She could flirt all she liked with me.
    Plenty of life in the auld dog still. :)

As Perry Groves suggested, the status of manager/pro football player certainly elevates your level of attractiveness to the fairer sex :D

As Perry Groves suggested, the status of manager/pro football player certainly elevates your level of attractiveness to the fairer sex :D

Power and Success are the greatest aphrodisiacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Power and Success are the greatest aphrodisiacs

You spelled "money" wrong there.

You spelled "money" wrong there.

Money isn't as aphrodisiac

Money isn't as aphrodisiac

I disagree I'd ride anyone for a 100k