Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

mansize wrote: »
    I don't use hyperbole in my arguments

You barely use sentences in your "arguments"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yes, unlike yours which are dissertations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I don't use hyperbole in my arguments

No you just constantly change the goalposts to suit you opinion and throw out one liners. Something that has been observed by most people at some stage.

I dont agree with some of the stuff today, in particular by Basil and Donie but at least you can engage with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No offense but I'd imagine this is spoken by someone not in charge of a multi million pound business. They ain't trying out a new take away.

No it's not a chip shop.
    It's a football club and clubs usually sack non-performing managers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

A Freudian slip perhaps?

This is gas.. ye now respect the ox

A Freudian slip perhaps?

Not quite as good as Lescotts excuse

https://twitter.com/Alex_OxChambo/status/827940500267204609

Nah, id say you need to check the batteries on your sarcasm detector :P

I never said. Personally i think Ox is as much a problem as a the manager that is loyal to him. Personally i dont think the team are playing for the manager and more fool the manager for sticking by them

wonga77 wrote: »
    No you just constantly change the goalposts to suit you opinion and throw out one liners. Something that has been observed by most people at some stage.

I dont agree with some of the stuff today, in particular by Basil and Donie but at least you can engage with them

I haven't changed my opinion. I can't argue with - people who don't want change are cowards- without any reasoning why, that's a cheap jibe not an argument

I gave a robust defence after the midweek loss I didn't see as the usual crew were calling me out.

My arguments remain constant

Wenger has been a successful manager.
    He has operated within constraints not of his making and still delivered UCL KO football every year.

The thing that changes is the flavour of the month people le want him replaced with.

Is Klopp still a missed opportunity???

No it's not a chip shop.
    It's a football club and clubs usually sack non-performing managers.

He is delivering success, even if it's not the success you crave. You don't have a decision on that. That's up to the board

• Advertisement

So you want things to stay as they are Mansize??
    Can you honestly see Wenger winning another league title or is qualifying for the CL good enough to satisfy you?

So you want things to stay as they are Mansize??
    Can you honestly see Wenger winning another league title or is qualifying for the CL good enough to satisfy you?

Ah to live in you're simple life view...It must be bliss.

Everyone is at fault and if only they'd listen to you.

Ah to live in you're simple life view...It must be bliss.
    Could you try to make your points clearer please. There's plenty of space on the net.

Could you try to make your points clearer please. There's plenty of space on the net.

Actually I agree with ya. They should get a different manager. Different players and show passion and bottle and not turn their backs on the ball.

Let's get this done.

I haven't changed my opinion. I can't argue with - people who don't want change are cowards- without any reasoning why, that's a cheap jibe not an argument

I gave a robust defence after the midweek loss I didn't see as the usual crew were calling me out.

He has operated within constraints not of his making and still delivered UCL KO football every year.

The thing that changes is the flavour of the month people le want him replaced with.

Your surely gone above your data allowance with all of those sentences :eek:

We have copped that your arguments remain constant in the face of glaring evidence against Wenger. Wont change the fact that Wenger is finished.

Actually I agree with ya. They should get a different manager. Different players and show passion and bottle and not turn their backs on the ball.

Let's get this done.

I think we have a poster with two handles on the thread lads.

Il tell you whats a cheap jibe, your rant the other week about fake fans.
    Its ironic that you use Klopp as an example, when he's been in charge for what, a year and a bit? yet its give Wenger more time.

We'll never know if Klopp would have been any good, thats all ifs and buts. Most people simply want a change. Wenger has been an extremely successful manager, its undeniable. But alot of fans see the potential to push on to new heights with a different face. Until then we'll never know and Arsenal FC, much like the Arsenal thread on boards will go round and round with the same stuff every year

I think we have a poster with two handles on the thread lads.

You can't even get that right. Let's not follow your leadership

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Your surely gone above your data allowance with all of those sentences :eek:

We have copped that your arguments remain constant in the face of glaring evidence against Wenger. Wont change the fact that Wenger is finished.

Just checking into the thread now, haven't read anything, but knew Mansize would still defend Wenger regardless of one of the most inept performances. We didn't even turn up today, were beaten before a ball was kicked. A stroll for Chelsea today, as it usually is for them against us at Stamford Bridge.

He is delivering success, even if it's not the success you crave. You don't have a decision on that. That's up to the board

Success to a football fan equates to winning a major trophy. Other then the two FA cups we havent come within an asses roar of winning a the league or champions league since 2006 and lets face it, the FA cups were only seen as a springboard of sorts. They are not the same level of prestige. Its not even the failures its the spectactular capitulation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Can we at least all enjoy Big Sam's return to top flight management without fighting?

Ah I think you were here before and might still be with another name.
    It's the silly jibes that give you away.:pac:

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Can we at least all enjoy Big Sam's return to top flight management without fighting?

It will be a short return id say, when sunderland are putting 4 past you then something is seriously wrong. I actually dont mind Big Sam so much, Pulis and Mourinho are top of my list...

You've said you agreed with Tayto that Wenger should go and yet here you are having continuous unnecessary digs?? :confused:

Whats with the attitude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wonga77 wrote: »
    It will be a short return id say, when sunderland are putting 4 past you then something is seriously wrong. I actually dont mind Big Sam so much, Pulis and Mourinho are top of my list...

Oh, c'mere, I view Big Sam as a close friend compared to that Potugese joker.

But i do still like to see him getting beaten.

You've said you agreed with Tayto that Wenger should go and yet here you are having continuous unnecessary digs?? :confused:

Whats with the attitude?

Unnecessary digs, like cheap digs naming posters- yes, that's disgusting

Cheap digs eh?

Success to a football fan equates to winning a major trophy. Other then the two FA cups we havent come within an asses roar of winning a the league or champions league since 2006 and lets face it, the FA cups were only seen as a springboard of sorts. They are not the same level of prestige. Its not even the failures its the spectactular capitulation

How is finishing in the top 4 spectacular capitulation?

What would describe relegation as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Is finishing in the top 4 the height of your ambitions? In fairness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

giphy.gif

When you haven't been in here for a while and one of the first posts you see is that we've beaten Chelsea 4-3 on aggregate this season :pac:

It looks like the Wenger fans are hurting even more than the Wenger-out fans tonight. Maybe they've actually come to the same conclusion as the rest of us but are too embarrassed to say so.

:eek:

Absolutely astonishing. Mansize wouldn't come out with it

That's another cheap dig

Ah I think you were here before and might still be with another name.
    It's the silly jibes that give you away.:pac:

Silly in what way. That I think it might be a bit more than cowardice? I can't imagine you honestly think people at this level are missing a trick that you are privvy to and that it's cowardice holding it all up. It's just practicalities.

But I do agree with you. Changes are needed, but these guys have to be careful.

Sorry for being rude to you in my posts. But I hope you take onboard that it's not as straight forward as you make out.

Again apologies

It looks like the Wenger fans are hurting even more than the Wenger-out fans tonight. Maybe they've actually come to the same conclusion as the rest of us but are too embarrassed to say so.

I didn't see any of today's match.

I'm hurting but it's nothing to do with Arsenal FC

Silly in what way. That I think it might be a bit more than cowardice? I can't imagine you honestly think people at this level are missing a trick that you are privvy to and that it's cowardice holding it all up. It's just practicalities.

Sorry for being rude to you in my posts. But I hope you take onboard that it's not as straight forward as you make out.

Again apologies

Look you're fine. We're all a bit down on this thread today.

• Advertisement

Look you're fine. We're all a bit down on this thread today.

Cheers. Have a good, what's left of it, weekend.

I'd love the Arsenal fans who still back Wenger to come up with a legitimate reason why he still deserves to keep his job? The players today certainly didn't look like they were fighting for the managers cause, sure even Alexis looked half arsed today ffs! He is done, I appreciate his first 10 or so years in charge, but his second half has been a Groundhog Day.

The title was on the line in the last 2 matches and did the players looked ****ed, no they looked liked scared kittens. Have had enough of this, the season pans out exactly the same every season. It's become pathetic now. 7 of the last 8 visits at Stamford bridge have ended in defeat.

Today's match had nothing to do with net spend, cost of squad etc, one team played for the manager and the other team rolled over and got there bellies tickled. This massive club and fans deserve a lot more than this **** being served the past few years.

Unnecessary digs, like cheap digs naming posters- yes, that's disgusting

Cheap digs eh?

The difference is Tayto is talking sense.

Seriously you actually need this explained to you? As an example, we were in a winning position in both 2008 and 2014 to win the league and we collapsed with a string of abysmal results but hey at least we didnt relegate :rolleyes:
    The former season saw William Gallas, the club captain chosen by Arsene Wenger, have a meltdown on the pitch when he should have been focused on Birmingham's penalty. Worse still, Wenger kept him as captain until he caused more disruption the following season.

After your own cheap unnecessary and unfounded dig at the supporters on this thread about fake streams and fake jerseys a few weeks ago, you deserve all the contempt thrown at you. Bullshít deserves to be called for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hang on, what?

This is the Wenger fans summed up in one pic. Deluded

05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    Hang on, what?

And here is me thinking he was there with his authentic jersey, hat, scarf, underpants on :rolleyes:

So a fan that was basically telling the majority of fans here that they aren't proper Arsenal fans cos they don't go to games regularly etc, and put himself on a pedestal above us all cos he goes regularly, isn't hurting about today's result, because Ireland lost in the rugby. :rolleyes:

I Couldn't give a **** that Ireland lost today and I'm hurting about the Arsenal result, but according to you you're a bigger fan as I can't go over as much as you, due to my circumstances. Even though you're more hurt about the Ireland game.

Again apologies

Of course they need to be careful, nobody is saying to go down the dole office and take the first guy there. It was obvious to some a few years ago that Wenger had lost his spark. The team didn't seem to have the same x-factor that they had during our best years. But most people were willing to give him the chance. After all, he has overseen a huge transitional period in the clubs history and deserved a chance to spend some money and try and compete. But, as the seasons go on, the players are rotating and the same frailties are showing

Honestly, the board are the problem. They don't seem to have any interest in pushing on, or it doesn't appear that way from the outside. Top 4 and revenue seem to be their aim. Scandalous ticket pricing is a dead giveaway.
    If they were serious about moving on, then they would have some idea of a replacement for Wenger (Maybe they have but I highly doubt it)

I sincerely hope Wenger calls it a day at the end of the season, we're not going to win anything and I can only hope that he takes a step back and admits to himself that he doesn't have it anymore. Its not an insult, it happens to every great manager at some stage.

Maybe we'll push on, maybe we'll flounder. I think most would be happy to take a chance at this stage

That's another cheap dig

Stop playing the victim

Stop playing the victim

So it's ok for you to do it? (Call out cheap digs)

Arghus wrote: »
    Hang on, what?

I was at Murrayfield

The difference is Tayto is talking sense.

Seriously you actually need this explained to you? As an example, we were in a winning position in both 2008 and 2014 to win the league and we collapsed with a string of abysmal results but hey at least we didnt relegate :rolleyes:
    The former season saw William Gallas, the club captain chosen by Arsene Wenger, have a meltdown on the pitch when he should have been focused on Birmingham's penalty. Worse still, Wenger kept him as captain until he caused more disruption the following season.

After your own cheap unnecessary and unfounded dig at the supporters on this thread about fake streams and fake jerseys a few weeks ago, you deserve all the contempt thrown at you. Bullshít deserves to be called for what it is.
    Oh so I deserve digs- got it . Seems fair

So it's ok for you to do it? (Call out cheap digs)

Because the poster was talking sense he deserved more respect. Those who talk rubbish deserve everything that's flung at them

So a fan that was basically telling the majority of fans here that they aren't proper Arsenal fans cos they don't go to games regularly etc, and put himself on a pedestal above us all cos he goes regularly, isn't hurting about today's result, because Ireland lost in the rugby. :rolleyes:

I Couldn't give a **** that Ireland lost today and I'm hurting about the Arsenal result, but according to you you're a bigger fan as I can't go over as much as you, due to my circumstances. Even though you're more hurt about the Ireland game.

I never said I was a better fan, I was referring to something told to me some years back about supporters re fans, but it was ok then, not now, so I won't speak of that again.

I do put my support of Ireland rugby ahead of Arsenal, as I have a more tangible connection to them. I won't hide that

Because the poster was talking sense he deserved more respect. Those who talk rubbish deserve everything that's flung at them

Good to know your idea of justice

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement