Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No problem, heat of battle and all that

He was and it could have been very serious but thankfully it seems a full recovery will follow ( and I truly hope it does also with Ryan Mason it is only a game at the end of the day ). But for me an accident for you not but a chat which whiled away a part of the working day yay

not that I want to have the last word or anything but I agree it was an accident but it was caused by reckless behaviour and that's why it should have been a foul.

If he had attempted to connect with the ball with an overhead kick and unintentionally caught Bellerin's head with his boot it would have been a foul without question.

I don't see why going for a header makes it any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Off to the home of the great 8 Freddie Ljunberg tomorrow- Sweden!

Who else had a red patch in their hair in 2001/02?

(And stuffed their CKs... 😂😂😂)

Basil3 wrote: »
    He's really only saying he has twice as many attacking options who can score goals. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Id say there was double the goals in the few on the great team we had. Ljungberg, Pires, Wiltord, Bergkamp, Kanu could all hit at least 10-15 per season and then Henry hit 25 plus majority of seasons.

Id say there was double the goals in the few on the great team we had. Ljungberg, Pires, Wiltord, Bergkamp, Kanu could all hit at least 10-15 per season and then Henry hit 25 plus majority of seasons.

Yeah, undoubtedly better quality. The current team is on track to easily surpass the invincibles goal tally, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Yeah, undoubtedly better quality. The current team is on track to easily surpass the invincibles goal tally, though.

We have also already conceded more goals than that entire season and there are still 14 games left!! Just for the sake of balance....

omega man wrote: »

We have also already conceded more goals than that entire season and there are still 14 games left!! Just for the sake of balance....

It's bad. Kostafi are good so is Bellerin and Monreal but they have so much green grass in front of them. Gab is a worthy sub too

Yup. Wenger hasn't managed to spin how good our defence is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

peteeeed wrote: »
    right haha

Everyone knows you need to use your arms when going for a header, mostly for protection, the problem with Alonso was that he led with his arm. He didn't lead with an elbow but his arms still caught Bellerin before he headed the ball.

Even though every analyst and ex referee has said no foul surely technically it would be considered a foul? I don't blame the ref at all though as it was a very tough call, I've seen it a hundred times now and I still don't know what to think.
    protect what?

Anyways what are peoples opinions on Gary Neville calling everyone on ArsenalFanTv idiots?

• Advertisement

I'm broke and I've booked to go to both legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyways what are peoples opinions on Gary Neville calling everyone on ArsenalFanTv idiots?

Is he wrong?

Your man's response was hilarious though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pay no attention to it. It's all staged for t.v.
    Neville and Carragher playing good cop, bad cop.

Our current defence is not a patch on previous teams who won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Deny it the oxygen of attention.

Every time anyone clicks on it, it encourages the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Our current defence is not a patch on previous teams who won the league.

I think talent wise we're there but there's a real lack of cohesion. Kos and Mustafi need to communicate better. Bellerin and Monreal are quite mistake prone in my opinion, Bellerin being caught out of position and Monreal giving away fouls. Cech being a shadow of his Chelsea days also plays a part. Would have thought Bould would be the ideal coach but maybe not.

The bigger weakness in defence lies in there being no CM partnership to speak of this season sitting in front of them IMO. Santi probably isn't up to the task of being the regular first choice with all his injuries to partner Xhaka and tbh I don't think Coq has the quality to ever play CM in a title winning team. So despite there being a wealth of CMs at the club I think its still a weak area.

Plenty of potential there in Ramsey, Elneny and Ox possibly but not quite up to the task yet. Be interesting to see a Wilshere/Xhaka combo possibly, a versatile MF with the ability to take a man on and distribute the ball effectively while still holding up defensively.

mansize wrote: »

I'm broke and I've booked to go to both legs!
    i diddnt bother

but robbie has responded!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QBamjsdnE

domrush wrote: »
    I think talent wise we're there but there's a real lack of cohesion. Kos and Mustafi need to communicate better. Bellerin and Monreal are quite mistake prone in my opinion, Bellerin being caught out of position and Monreal giving away fouls. Cech being a shadow of his Chelsea days also plays a part. Would have thought Bould would be the ideal coach but maybe not.

The bigger weakness in defence lies in there being no CM partnership to speak of this season sitting in front of them IMO. Santi probably isn't up to the task of being the regular first choice with all his injuries to partner Xhaka and tbh I don't think Coq has the quality to ever play CM in a title winning team. So despite there being a wealth of CMs at the club I think its still a weak area.

Plenty of potential there in Ramsey, Elneny and Ox possibly but not quite up to the task yet. Be interesting to see a Wilshere/Xhaka combo possibly, a versatile MF with the ability to take a man on and distribute the ball effectively while still holding up defensively.
    None of our back four are bullies like Adams, Bould, Keown or Campbell were. You need bullies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

None of our back four are bullies like Adams, Bould, Keown or Campbell were. You need bullies.

What was it Ljungberg said about getting kicked at the start if a game? Something like he never worried about it, because he knew if someone hit him, Lauren would make sure to lift the opponent first chance he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Deny it the oxygen of attention.

Every time anyone clicks on it, it encourages the nonsense.

Some of those are genuinely not right in the head. Feels wrong watching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That's how I feel about it as well. I enjoyed Arsenal FanTV in small doses initially, but now I'm well sick of it.

Some of those that are regulars on the channel are men who could do with a bit of perspective in their lives. And some of them seem genuinely unwell. It's in the channels interest to have characters on who can rant and rave like lunatics, because it keeps those sweet clicks and views coming; some lad trying to reasonable won't keep the revenue flowing in. And they always record immediately after a game when emotions are at their highest and clear minded rationality is in short supply.

At his best Wenger gave us The Invincibles. At his worst Wenger gave us Champions league football every year. Give him some respect.

Saw on twitter. Seems apt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

At his best Wenger gave us The Invincibles. At his worst Wenger gave us Champions league football every year. Give him some respect.

Who are you talking to? Is this just another random post?

Still looking forward to the Allianz Arena next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I saw that exact quote on twitter earlier, must have copied it from there. But yeah another random post.

I saw that exact quote on twitter earlier, must have copied it from there. But yeah another random post.

Yes it was from Twitter. I found it apt.

Twitter doesn't copy who from like it used to

I was surprised HM saw it myself

Speaking of all things Twitter, Arsenal thanked my post today, it was a quiz and the Answer was Alan Smith (who scored the winner in... Copenhagen!)
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154434390247887&id=615682886&set=a.385145932886.168850.615682886&source=48

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

That's how I feel about it as well. I enjoyed Arsenal FanTV in small doses initially, but now I'm well sick of it.

Some of those that are regulars on the channel are men who could do with a bit of perspective in their lives. And some of them seem genuinely unwell. It's in the channels interest to have characters on who can rant and rave like lunatics, because it keeps those sweet clicks and views coming; some lad trying to reasonable won't keep the revenue flowing in. And they always record immediately after a game when emotions are at their highest and clear minded rationality is in short supply.
    Where no different here though. If you don't like arsenal fan TV then why you posting here then.

People here say exact same stuff here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Where no different here though. If you don't like arsenal fan TV then why you posting here then.

I've never actually watched it. I got the impression they were always incredibly negatve towards the team, the players and it's manager. Is there any balance on it or is it all one way traffic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I don't think everyone on boards is quite as nuts as what's on fan tv to be fair. Some of those guys are obviously playing up to the cameras and its embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

greendom wrote: »
    I've never actually watched it. I got the impression they were always incredibly negatve towards the team, the players and it's manager. Is there any balance on it or is it all one way traffic ?

There are a few fella's on it who are balanced (though they don't always get airtime) but tbh they are boring to watch and listen to.

Win, lose or draw I log onto YouTube to see the reactions of the lads. Some of it is comedy gold. The worse the loss the better the viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Summer wishlist:

New contracts for Sanchez and Ozil
    New LW . Should have been Draxler
    Hold onto Debuchy
    Offload a CB (Mert) and a CM
    Recall Wilshere to rotate with Santi
    Develop a second formation
    New manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Summer wishlist:

Hold onto Debuchy
    New manager

You forgot frog march Walcott out of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You forgot frog march Walcott out of the club

I'd have a few ahead of Walcott tbh

Summer wish list

New LW .

Offload Walcott Ramsey Mert
    Try to get a WC dmf
    Sell wilshere
    Wenger succession plan in place
    Put Ospina as #1 keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Summer wish list

New LW .

Try to get a WC dmf
    Sell wilshere
    Put Ospina as #1 keeper

What do you mean by that?

ronjo wrote: »
    Summer wish list

New LW .

Try to get a WC dmf
    Sell wilshere
    Put Ospina as #1 keeper

What do you mean by that?

Bring in a gifted young manager to learn from Arsene and take over the reigns the following season. Wenger moves onto the board of directors full time

• Advertisement

Summer wishlist:

Hold onto Debuchy
    New manager
    Summer wish list

New LW .

Try to get a WC dmf
    Sell wilshere
    Put Ospina as #1 keeper

Speaks volumes about the state we are in, when there are summer wish lists being made at the start of February. :P

Summer wishlist:

Hold onto Debuchy
    New manager
    Summer wish list

New LW .

Try to get a WC dmf
    Sell wilshere
    Put Ospina as #1 keeper

Speaks volumes about the state we are in, when there are summer wish lists being made at the start of February. :P

Not too long til May

Not too long til May

14 premier league games, knockout stages of Europe haven't even started yet, 4 rounds of the FA cup left to go. It's a long way to May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Just expressing my opinion fam. There's more discussion here and people aren't usually shouting and swearing in each others faces...blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Summer wishlist:

Hold onto Debuchy
    New manager

I think we need someone for the RW as much, if not more so than the LW.

Iwobi could fill that gap given time but I don't think Walcott should be in the first team leaving no first team choice or even a potential back up (if we keep Walcott) for RW

14 premier league games, knockout stages of Europe haven't even started yet, 4 rounds of the FA cup left to go. It's a long way to May.

We can talk about it tbf

There's a big difference between a bad player and a cowardly player.

A bad player can improve with games and time but a cowardly player will never be any use especially in a big game when he's needed.

We have too many of the latter.

There's a big difference between a bad player and a cowardly player.

A bad player can improve with games and time but a cowardly player will never be any use especially in a big game when he's needed.

We have too many of the latter.

Cowardly is a very serious charge against anyone.

Care to name them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Bring in a gifted young manager to learn from Arsene and take over the reigns the following season. Wenger moves onto the board of directors full time

Not sure what credible manager would take a job on the sidelines for a year before actually becoming the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Arghus wrote: »
    Just expressing my opinion fam. There's more discussion here and people aren't usually shouting and swearing in each others faces...blood.
    What's this fam and blood rubbish!?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement