Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd have a few ahead of Walcott tbh

Not me, he'd be first out the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Quazzie wrote: »
    What's this fam and blood rubbish!?

It's some guy called Troopz on Arsenal Fan Tv, he's one of the regulars on it. Says blood and Fam in literally every sentence. He's one of the main culprits that is making the Arsenal fan base a laughing stock in the humour thread and on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mansize wrote: »
    Cowardly is a very serious charge against anyone.

Care to name them?

People turning their backs to the ball in case it hit them, jumping out of tackles, ducking away from headers. I've seen Mert, Walcott and Gibbs do it more than once. Not sure on Ramsey's effort last week as i hadn't a good view of it but he didn't go full-blooded to charge down the shot. They're just off-hand.

Ozil goes missing from time to time and rarely tackles but he could be under instructions from Wenger not to get injured. I wouldn't agree with those instructions personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

People turning their backs to the ball in case it hit them, jumping out of tackles, ducking away from headers. I've seen Mert, Walcott and Gibbs do it more than once. Not sure on Ramsey's effort last week as i hadn't a good view of it but he didn't go full-blooded to charge down the shot. They're just off-hand.

Ozil goes missing from time to time and rarely tackles but he could be under instructions from Wenger not to get injured. I wouldn't agree with those instructions personally.

It's a good thing you just made them up then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's some guy called Troopz on Arsenal Fan Tv, he's one of the regulars on it. Says blood and Fam in literally every sentence. He's one of the main culprits that is making the Arsenal fan base a laughing stock in the humour thread and on social media.
    But if you see someone that is a moron on a video, surely you'd take proactive steps to avoid being like this aforementioned moron instead of copying him.

It's a good thing you just made them up then ;)
    I didn't make it up.
    It was a reason put forward by a poster in here last week as to why he wasn't tackling and disappearing in games.

I didn't make it up.
    It was a reason put forward by a poster in here last week as to why he wasn't tackling and disappearing in games.

Ah, somebody else made it up. Whatever your opinion on Wenger, Ozil disappearing in games lies squarely on the shoulders of Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Quazzie wrote: »
    But if you see someone that is a moron on a video, surely you'd take proactive steps to avoid being like this aforementioned moron instead of copying him.

Parody. Noun: an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Fam.

Ah, somebody else made it up. Whatever your opinion on Wenger, Ozil disappearing in games lies squarely on the shoulders of Ozil.

I have the same opinion as you hence the " I wouldn't agree with it" piece at the end. You should read the full post.

• Advertisement

I have the same opinion as you hence the " I wouldn't agree with it" piece at the end. You should read the full post.

Oh i read it all, i just assumed that the instructions you were talking about were those about 'rarely tackling', unless these instructions included Wenger instructing Ozil to disappear in games? Is this the case with the made up instructions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

This day next week, the Allianz Arena - I'm so giddy with excitement!

Oh i read it all, i just assumed that the instructions you were talking about were those about 'rarely tackling', unless these instructions included Wenger instructing Ozil to disappear in games? Is this the case with the made up instructions?

I don't know what you mean??

I said that if he was getting instructions as was suggested on this thread I wouldn't agree with them.
    If he wasn't getting instructions and was refusing to tackle and was hiding then i'd ship him out. We can't afford to pay big wages to players who only play well against the lesser teams and chooses not to do so in the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mansize wrote: »
    Bring in a gifted young manager to learn from Arsene and take over the reigns the following season. Wenger moves onto the board of directors full time

To what benefit? This gifted young manager would surely have his own opinions or direction for the team without needing Wenger to show him the ropes.

Not 100% sure about moving Wenger upstairs either. Maybe as a club ambassador but onto the board of directors? Don't think having Arsene and his stale ideas at board level would benefit anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

If we are replacing Wenger, I don't want some young manager or Eddie ****ing Howe.

Eddie Howe might be doing well at Bournemouth but what makes anyone think he can step up? Moyes was great for Everton but wasn't able to make the step up.

I want a proven manager who has spent time at a top club and has done something with that club. A manager who has won something with the club would be nice but if he has proven to be able to get more than expected out of a club that would be as good if not better, as he may have limited resources here too.

There's no point getting a manager who walked into an established winning side and was given an unlimited budget because that is not the case or will not be the case at Arsenal.

I don't know what you mean??

I said that if he was getting instructions as was suggested on this thread I wouldn't agree with them.
    If he wasn't getting instructions and was refusing to tackle and was hiding then i'd ship him out. We can't afford to pay big wages to players who only play well against the lesser teams and chooses not to do so in the big games.

His UCL goals were priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I think Leonardo Jardim is the only realistic target I would want. No reason for Simeone or Allegeri to leave what are in reality bigger clubs, regardless of our revenue etc.

domrush wrote: »
    I think Leonardo Jardim is the only realistic target I would want. No reason for Simeone or Allegeri to leave what are in reality bigger clubs, regardless of our revenue etc.

I can't see either of them rushing to Arsenal.

It will be difficult to replicate Arsene's success and they are pretty sorted where they are tbf

domrush wrote: »

Would the 8 million not be a huge attraction.
    That plus the fact that Wenger has not won anything of note since the 03/04 league?
    The bar wouldn't be too high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

farna_boy wrote: »
    If we are replacing Wenger, I don't want some young manager or Eddie ****ing Howe.

Eddie Howe might be doing well at Bournemouth but what makes anyone think he can step up? Moyes was great for Everton but wasn't able to make the step up.

I want a proven manager who has spent time at a top club and has done something with that club. A manager who has won something with the club would be nice but if he has proven to be able to get more than expected out of a club that would be as good if not better, as he may have limited resources here too.

There's no point getting a manager who walked into an established winning side and was given an unlimited budget because that is not the case or will not be the case at Arsenal.

Ancelotti for me.

Would the 8 million not be a huge attraction.
    That plus the fact that Wenger has not won anything of note since the 03/04 league?
    The bar wouldn't be too high.

Are you assuming Arsene's successor will be paid the same as he is/was?

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you assuming Arsene's successor will be paid the same as he is/was?

No. Not initially but he could name his price afterwards if he managed to win a league title. He'd know how much they would be willing to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Howe would be an awful appointment.

Don't buy into Arsenal not being a big draw either. Probably top 8 budget in world football? In London, decent squad to start with. Shouldn't be looking anywhere near Eddie Howe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I like the cut of the new Hull manager's jib has won leagues in smaller leagues and is young and hungry as **** , Would love to give him a go

I like the cut of the new Hull manager's jib has won leagues in smaller leagues and is young and hungry as **** , Would love to give him a go

Alot of similarities with Pottechino there. He has them playing some absolutely beautiful football too. Early days yet with him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That fella from Sp*rs seems fairly decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Looking forward to the league run in now anyway. think arsenal have a good squad for it.

And always enjoy champions league nights at the Emirates..So hoping for good things there.

Come on you Gunners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Looking forward to the league run in now anyway. think arsenal have a good squad for it.

And always enjoy champions league nights at the Emirates..So hoping for good things there.

Come on you Gunners!

:pac:

Wouldnt proclaim to know the circumstances but he was sacked by sporting after 1 year and left Olympiacos after one year.

See the papers are linking Allegri to Arsenal but seems to be coming from a question he was asked about moving to the Premier League and he responded that he could neither confirm or deny it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

See the papers are linking Allegri to Arsenal but seems to be coming from a question he was asked about moving to the Premier League and he responded that he could neither confirm or deny it.

There were suggestions earlier that if he won the league with Juventus again he would be happy to leave and the EPL would be a favoured destination.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    There were suggestions earlier that if he won the league with Juventus again he would be happy to leave and the EPL would be a favoured destination.

If he did it would certainly be the Premier League of managers anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thread nearly at 10k, closing this and setting up a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement