Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I remember those goals very well. Felt like an age waiting for Bergy to get off the mark.

It was the 8th league game i think wasn't it? Everybody calling him a flop...he soon showed them!

https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/status/773951220583108609

Flamini gone to Palace...the bromance continues :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So how are we fixed for Saturday against Southampton?
    No injuries that i can see so we should have a full-strength team.
    Looking forward to seeing the new lads in action.

I'll tell you how we're fixed.

There's an Arsenal match, for what feels like the first time in a million years, thanks be to jesus.

Not only that, but there are some proper, decent new lads playing, so it's double exciting.

Not only that, one of City and United have to drop points (won't lie, hope it's the fella Chelsea fired twice), so it could be a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

What are the chances of seeing Perez start lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I remember those goals very well. Felt like an age waiting for Bergy to get off the mark.

C8Z8OJA.jpg

Tee hee :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That "article" contains so many quotes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"Forest's hard but defender - who a close up view of both Platt and Bergkamp"

The editor really earned his money that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

domrush wrote: »
    What are the chances of seeing Perez start lads?

Id doubt it. Expect giroud to start and him to be on bench.

mustafi or holding could go either way

Tee hee :pac:

Stuart Pearce really was and still is a knobhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Excited about an arsenal match in God knows how long. Pity we weren't this ready at the start of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Alexis and Ospina are a doubt for tomorrow as they only arrived back from South America yesterday evening.

I'm sure Alexis will want to play. Arsene is unsure about the 2 new lads as well. Ramsey is missing tomorrow and for the game in Paris.

greendom wrote: »
    Alexis and Ospina are a doubt for tomorrow as they only arrived back from South America yesterday evening.

I'm sure Alexis will want to play. Arsene is unsure about the 2 new lads as well. Ramsey is missing tomorrow and for the game in Paris.

Mustafi has to play surely

Giroud
    Alexis---Ozil---Walcott
    ---Santi---Xhaka---
    Monreal-Kos-Mustafi-Bellerin
    Cech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Giroud
    Alexis---Ozil---Walcott
    ---Santi---Xhaka---
    Cech

Does anyone else think Theo might - just might - thrive in a lineup like that?

I dunno about you all but I'm pretty effing excited by that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'd take a 1-0 win now if was given the chance. The same fixture last season was one of the more frustrating games with a 0-0 draw with Fraser Forster having a blinder. The season before that was a 1-0 win with a very late goal from what I remember.
    Southampton have also beaten us the last two visits at St.Marys. So it hasn't been a great fixture for us lately. Im not expecting an easy match but the three points are a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'd take a 1-0 win now if was given the chance. The same fixture last season was one of the more frustrating games with a 0-0 draw with Fraser Forster having a blinder. The season before that was a 1-0 win with a very late goal from what I remember.
    Southampton have also beaten us the last two visits at St.Marys. So it hasn't been a great fixture for us lately. Im not expecting an easy match but the three points are a must.

Hopefully Southampton won't be as difficult to play against without Koeman, he has Wenger sussed imo, always proves a tough customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Giroud
    Alexis---Ozil---Walcott
    ---Santi---Xhaka---
    Cech

I'd throw Lucas in up top and let rip at the Saints with pace from the first whistle.

A big 3 or 4 nil win will re-establish out credentials as top four hopefuls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'll hold off on getting excited just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Giroud
    Alexis---Ozil---Walcott
    ---Santi---Xhaka---
    Cech

I think that in time Elneny will play Santi and Ramsey out of that position.
    He has a great engine and very rarely gives the ball away.

• Advertisement

I think that in time Elneny will play Santi and Ramsey out of that position.
    He has a great engine and very rarely gives the ball away.

While he rarely gives the ball away I think he lacks the attacking credentials to play alongside a purely defensive minded MF, Ramsey is the future at that CM spot for me

While he rarely gives the ball away I think he lacks the attacking credentials to play alongside a purely defensive minded MF, Ramsey is the future at that CM spot for me

As i said time will tell.
    I think he's well good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Xhaka and his long passing range for those games when we're on the back foot and looking to counter, Elneny with his energy and drive for those hard end to end physical slogs, Ramsey with his eye for space and the late run when playing lop sided opposition and Santi for those really tight games when we've 10 men in front of us. All we need is someone who can drive from deep with the ball at his feet when we need a bit of urgency...

Why the **** did Wilshere have to go and **** up what was almost the perfect midfield on paper?

Xhaka and his long passing range for those games when we're on the back foot and looking to counter, Elneny with his energy and drive for those hard end to end physical slogs, Ramsey with his eye for space and the late run when playing lop sided opposition and Santi for those really tight games when we've 10 men in front of us. All we need is someone who can drive from deep with the ball at his feet when we need a bit of urgency...

Why the **** did Wilshere have to go and **** up what was almost the perfect midfield on paper?

Two words:

The Jeff

PSG have an injury crisis ahead of Tuesday. Only 3 fit defenders and no fit left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

PSG have an injury crisis ahead of Tuesday. Only 3 fit defenders and no fit left back.
    Are they trying to mimic us that much?!?!

• Advertisement

Today has been a long time coming. Really hoping we get to see more than a cameo from the new boys.

It's a shame we're not on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Basil3 wrote: »
    Today has been a long time coming. Really hoping we get to see more than a cameo from the new boys.

It's a shame we're not on TV.

I was looking at the predicted squads on the guardian there. Mustafi in for Holding. A bit harsh on Holding, but you can't sign a player for that money and not play him. Perez to start on bench. Does he have Lucas or Perez on his jersey and do I continue to call him Perez if he wears Lucas??? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Game is on nbcsn in the states, generally v good coverage online

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/774593398741295104

Mustafi and Lucas....oh yeah! Just realised Alexis on the bench. What. A. Bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mustafi and Lucas....oh yeah! Just realised Alexis on the bench. What. A. Bench.

Quickest front 3 in the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Theo Walcott :rolleyes:

Gringo180 wrote: »

...has been playing great football.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Yeah, and what a starting 11 (assuming Lucas brings his form with him)!

Have you watched any Arsenal game this season? Utterly ridiculous comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are we on TV?
    I'm pretty sure we should have the 3pm Setanta slot.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Are we on TV?
    I'm pretty sure we should have the 3pm Setanta slot.

Stoke v Spurs, and Setanta doesn't exist anymore, nor do they get the 3pm kick offs :D

Have you watched any Arsenal game this season? Utterly ridiculous comment.

Exactly why we will never win a league in the near future. Players of his level consistently being relied on. He will throw in 5 or 6 good games a season and be a passenger for the rest.

Weird seeing Arteta at OT in his City tracksuit.

Exactly why we will never win a league in the near future. Players of his level consistently being relied on. He will throw in 5 or 6 good games a season and be a passenger for the rest.

Why would you drop a player in form? Thank **** you're not the manager. Drop Walcott when he inevitably plays worse, but not before.

Anyone a receipe for today? I love when we're really cooking.

• Advertisement

Why would you drop a player in form? .

You should ask Wenger that. He has Xhaka on the bench. Anyways lets hope Perez gets off to a flyer really looking forward to seen him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I don't get it. Play your best 11 players.

Unless their carrying an injury we don't know about.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I don't get it. Play your best 11 players.

Unless their carrying an injury we don't know about.

Wenger is just trying to confuse you guys, while simultaneously giving you something to moan about.

Is the team announced yet lads?

Teams always get announced an hour before kickoff.

Teams always get announced an hour before kickoff.

I didn't see it.

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla, Coquelin, Walcott, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Perez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Any idea where one might get internet radio coverage of this??

Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla, Coquelin, Walcott, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Perez

Thought we'd have played Xhaka and Giroud today and have Perez replacing Walcott. However that's what big panels are for.

• Advertisement

Thought we'd have played Xhaka and Giroud today and have Perez replacing Walcott. However that's what big panels are for.

Chamberlain playing is the weird one for me. He's done nothing to deserve a start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement