Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great work by Perez there, he's fitting in very nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fair fùcks Perez, great play from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Well done Perez!

On for a hat trick now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great strength and composure from Perez there, I like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Love that goal, pure hunger and tenacity!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

that big fella playing up front for Forrest looks pretty handy...

Theres more in this if we want it, would love to see Perez grab a third

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just wiki'd him, had no idea he played for us. Made 3 appearances ha!

Hehe, how do you not remember him? He used to be mooned over as a 16 and 17 year old as the next great English hope til Wilshere usurped him. :D

Perez on for a hat trick and he goes to square it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hehe, how do you not remember him? He used to be mooned over as a 16 and 17 year old as the next great English hope til Wilshere usurped him. :D

Aye I remember he turned out decent in FM08 :D

• Advertisement

Standing ovation for Lord Bentdner from the Arsenal fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

It may sound stupid and picky, but something like that attempt to square the ball from Perez worries me a little. You're on a hat trick son, bury the ball in the net no second thoughts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It may sound stupid and picky, but something like that attempt to square the ball from Perez worries me a little. You're on a hat trick son, bury the ball in the net no second thoughts!

Didn't see it, but if the person he passed to was in a better position then surely it's a good thing?

L'prof wrote: »
    Didn't see it, but if the person he passed to was in a better position then surely it's a good thing?

Definitely not in a better position. He was about 5yards out with just the keeper to beat. If that was Henry it would be a hat-trick no discussions

Whether you're on a hat trick shouldn't come into it. Do the thing that gives the best chance of scoring in that situation.

Your mentality is what led to Sanchez taking a peno for us last weekend :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    Whether you're on a hat trick shouldn't come into it. Do the thing that gives the best chance of scoring in that situation.

Your mentality is what led to Sanchez taking a peno for us last weekend :D

Ok...but he didnt do the thing that gave us the best chance of scoring. Anyway, doesnt matter :)

Elneny is an incredibly tidy footballer

Ox has found his level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pleased for Ox. Had a much better 2nd half.

• Advertisement

That distraction is done so, roll on Saturday.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Elneny is an incredibly tidy footballer

How did we get him for 6 million. Unbelievable!

So I guess with Xhaka and Lucas playing full 90, little chance of either starting Saturday?

Basil3 wrote: »
    So I guess with Xhaka and Lucas playing full 90, little chance of either starting Saturday?

It's only Tuesday tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

mansize wrote: »
    It's only Tuesday tbf

Chelsea into extra time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

How elneny and Xahaka can't get in our team imwill never know

Also really really like holding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mansize... Spot on! ox's level... Even took him 45 minutes to get up to speed.

Elneny and Xhaka look ideal beside each other, like the look of Lucas a lot. I know who we were playing, but this was a good run out for the newbies. If I was Coq, I'd be worried!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nice to have a good few changes below :D Again league goal and assists in brackets, totals on the right!

Goals
    Sanchez (3) 4
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Walcott (2) 2
    Xhaka (1) 2
    Oxlade Chamberlain (1) 2
    Perez (0) 2
    Chambers (1) 1
    Ozil (1) 1
    Koscielny (1) 1

Assists
    Iwobi (3) 3
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Walcott (1) 1
    Sanchez (1) 1
    Elneny (1) 1
    Perez (0) 1
    Akpom (0) 1
    Oxlade Chamberlain (0) 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Chelsea into extra time too.

Sure they're only playing kids too, aren't they?

How elneny and Xahaka can't get in our team imwill never know

Also really really like holding

He's easing them in, like you do with Coq i

emmetlego wrote: »
    Sure they're only playing kids too, aren't they?

Hazard and Costa came on for them and Luiz, Cahill, Fabregas all playing.

• Advertisement

Id love to see Perez and Giroud on the pitch at the same time. They both have beautiful touches and would compliment each other really well. Great if we are chasing a game.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Id love to see Perez and Giroud on the pitch at the same time. They both have beautiful touches and would compliment each other really well. Great if we are chasing a game.

If we could emulate the Giroud/Griezmann partnership with Perez we'd be laughing. Obviously theres a gulf in class between Perez and Griezmann but hes a similar enough forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was in Oriel Park so just saw the highlights of Arsenal against forest.
    I've said it before lads and i'll say it again - Xhaka and Elneny will be our midfield pairing for the future with Ozil in front of them. They're class.

Perez has to get a look in starting a fair few league games.
    Really tidy player.

I think Xhaka will be in the team but think Elneny will lose out to coq until he does something dopey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Highlights on anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Highlights on anywhere?

Goals were on SS awhile ago.
    Could be on SS News starting now.

Goals were on SS awhile ago.
    Could be on SS News starting now.

Thanks man. Never thought of that.

That's 17 goals in 7 competitive games this season.

Not too shabby for a team that's barely bothered to play a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That's 17 goals in 7 competitive games this season.

Not too shabby for a team that's barely bothered to play a striker.

Some fairly well reputed outlets are making a big deal of Liverpool's 21 in 7. Worth noting the "great entertainers" got 5 against Burton Albion in the round we didn't have to play in versus our 1 against PSG away, and we've scored 1 more than them in the league.

Perez has to get a look in starting a fair few league games.
    Really tidy player.

I think Xhaka will be in the team but think Elneny will lose out to coq until he does something dopey.

I still think the most interesting thing is what Wenger does when Ramsey is back. Ramsey has always been a nailed on starter for Wenger's best 11, even if he has to play him on the wing.

I get the feeling he's gone away from playing a midfielder on the wing, so you're looking at Rambo/Xhaka midfield. Who knows how's Elneny and Coq fit in. I guess they're good problems to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramsey. Xhaka

Iwobi. Ozil. Sanchez

Perez

Yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Ramsey. Xhaka

Iwobi. Ozil. Sanchez

Perez

Yes please

I think the midfield depth sets up for taking the current over-reliance on Cazorla too.

Will suit his age a little down the line to use him a little more sparingly then we currently are. A la Rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Highlights on anywhere?

I started following Arsenagoalslive on Instagram and they were fairly quick with the goals last night. Check them out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The arsenal subreddit usually have them up fairly quick too. www.reddit.com/r/gunners

Glad to see Perez bagging a few last night, hopefully he carries that into the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Some fairly well reputed outlets are making a big deal of Liverpool's 21 in 7. Worth noting the "great entertainers" got 5 against Burton Albion in the round we didn't have to play in versus our 1 against PSG away, and we've scored 1 more than them in the league.

Doesn't fit the narrative unfortunately

2ndcoming wrote: »

To be fair to Liverpool they have had a pretty tough start to the league, already games against Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester and ourselves - not forgetting Burnley !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

BrianJD wrote: »
    I started following Arsenagoalslive on Instagram and they were fairly quick with the goals last night. Check them out.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    The arsenal subreddit usually have them up fairly quick too. www.reddit.com/r/gunners

Glad to see Perez bagging a few last night, hopefully he carries that into the league now.

arsenalist usually have goals and highlights up fairly quickly. They also post player/manager interviews, extended highlights and a lot of the time will also post MOTD highlights too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Theres a great website for all the football highlights, im just not sure what the policy for posting it on boards is, so please mods take this down if its not kosher! Feel like its fine as its the same as reddit or whatever.

fullmatchesandshows.com, has all european full games and highlights and Match of the day replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Theres a great website for all the football highlights, im just not sure what the policy for posting it on boards is, so please mods take this down if its not kosher! Feel like its fine as its the same as reddit or whatever.

fullmatchesandshows.com, has all european full games and highlights and Match of the day replays.

if you have kodi installed there is an app that lists highlights and full replays of all games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Mickeroo wrote: »

If he gets played in the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement