Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Asano set up Groskreutz goal last night for Stuttgart. Hopefully he starts scoring a few of his own soon, there's clearly some sort of potential there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cracking read from Amy Lawrence about Le Boss' 20years in charge. Even if you don't agree or support the Manager any more still a great achievement and few can deny he's been our best manager of the modern era.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-20-years-arsenal-incredible-journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Reading at home in the next round of the EFL cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

nice draw in the league cup - Reading at home.

Not counting any chickens but with Chelsea away at West Ham, City and United facing each other as well as Liverpool playing Tottenham, this competition is shaping up very nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

wawaman wrote: »
    Reading at home in the next round of the EFL cup

:D

• Advertisement

:D

What a completely bonkers game that was !

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Cracking read from Amy Lawrence about Le Boss' 20years in charge. Even if you don't agree or support the Manager any more still a great achievement and few can deny he's been our best manager of the modern era.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-20-years-arsenal-incredible-journey?

a fabulous read - really enjoyed that !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

greendom wrote: »
    What a completely bonkers game that was !

Yeah that's true, it's amazing how many bonkers games that Arsenal have been involved in over the last decade. A few 4-4 draws as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah that's true, it's amazing how many bonkers games that Arsenal have been involved in over the last decade. A few 4-4 draws as well!

Also

That Walcott goal, brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Roddy23 wrote: »

thanks for the article :P, really good to read ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Also

That Walcott goal, brilliant

That feckin commentator is after giving me a headache. The roars of him.
    The match was very enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm amazed none of you haven't made more of Wengers's 20th even I was thinking about a thread to mark this milestone. One that will probably never be equalled.

I'm amazed none of you haven't made more of Wengers's 20th even I was thinking about a thread to mark this milestone. One that will probably never be equalled.

His best starting 11 and only one of the current crop on it i.e. Koscielney.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/33694/10587140/arsene-wengers-best-ever-arsenal-xi-with-david-seamen-tony-adams-patrick-vieira-and-thierry-henry

Hard to find fault with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hard to believe it's 20 years. Remember thinking who the fcuk is this guy. David Dein really was ahead of his time back then, just like Wenger.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Should be Seaman, Cole, Campbell, Koscielny, Sagna, Petit, Vieira, Pires, Sanchez, Bergkamp, Henry in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

.......Lehman
    Sanga. Monreal
    Campbell Kos
    Ljunberg Viera Özil Pires
    Bergkamp
    Henry

His best starting 11 and only one of the current crop on it i.e. Koscielney.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/33694/10587140/arsene-wengers-best-ever-arsenal-xi-with-david-seamen-tony-adams-patrick-vieira-and-thierry-henry

Hard to find fault with it too.

I'd have Campbell instead of Kos. Agree with the rest of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mansize wrote: »
    .......Lehman
    Sanga. Monreal
    Campbell Kos
    Ljunberg Viera Özil Pires
    Bergkamp
    Henry

Ozil and Bergkamp in the same team wouldn't work at all :p

Would Adams not be making teams over Koscielny? I like Kos but Adams was imperious for league winning teams. Overmars I'd have over Ljungberg but it'd be shoeing him in on the wrong side.

Only spotted Monreal over Cole there. Surely some sort of joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Fabianski
    Hoyte - Squillaci - Cygan - Santos
    Bischoff - Denilson
    Eboue - Baptista - Miyachi
    Sanogo

Liam O wrote: »
    Ozil and Bergkamp in the same team wouldn't work at all :p

Would Adams not be making teams over Koscielny? I like Kos but Adams was imperious for league winning teams. Overmars I'd have over Ljungberg but it'd be shoeing him in on the wrong side.

Only spotted Monreal over Cole there. Surely some sort of joke?

Can't you post your XI instead of pissing all over mine?

I picked my team and posted it

I'm not joking I back my team 100%

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »

Fabianski
    Hoyte - Squillaci - Cygan - Santos
    Bischoff - Denilson
    Eboue - Baptista - Miyachi
    Sanogo

Almunia over Fab and Stepanovs over Squillaci :)

Liam O wrote: »
    Would Adams not be making teams over Koscielny? I like Kos but Adams was imperious for league winning teams.
    Kos is a more complete defender than Adams, and I picked my team based on what would actually work on the field rather than the 11 best players over Wenger's reign shoe-horned into a side. Koscielny is the perfect partner for either Adams or Campbell and a better footballer and distributor than either. It was a matter of Campbell or Adams for me.

Might be going to Swansea game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

One Arsene Wenger. The greatest man ever associated with this club.

Might be going to Swansea game

Ticket got for Swansea game! 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Can we just pick a team that has no c0ck heads in it? That rules out Cashley!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Can we just pick a team that has no c0ck heads in it? That rules out Cashley!

Sanga...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

One Arsene Wenger. The greatest man ever associated with this club.

That's the real deal there lads. I would dearly love him to win another league title or a ECL, but let's be honest, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Still love the man though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Surely it's Boom Xhakalaka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Definitely

That's what I had on twitter

I don't like Eddie Howe.

It's a good newspaper - unless you want to live in an echo chamber

• Advertisement

Check out @afcstuff's Tweet: https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/779061243705524225?s=09

Who would have thought there were as many 4th place finishes in the 20 years prior to Wenger as there have been during his reign!

Check out @afcstuff's Tweet: https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/779061243705524225?s=09

Who would have thought there were as many 4th place finishes in the 20 years prior to Wenger as there is during his reign!

He really is excellent- unless you buy the ***hot-right-now*** BSKYB/Tabloid narrative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Should be Seaman, Cole, Campbell, Koscielny, Sagna, Petit, Vieira, Pires, Sanchez, Bergkamp, Henry in my view.
    No Adams.:confused::confused:

Having Sanchez there is just laughable to be honest.

Fair to say Timmy Mac would love Xhaka if he was a soccer commentator

ha ha this petty little man is imploding yet again before our very eyes :D Brilliant

397552.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

ha ha this petty little man is imploding yet again before our very eyes :D Brilliant

397552.PNG

I cringe for Mourinho if he actually said that, what a saddo.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

giphy.gif

Quazzie wrote: »
    No Adams.:confused::confused:

Having Sanchez there is just laughable to be honest.

Equally having sagna there too.

Who have we had that was better in their respective positions than Sagna or Sanchez?

I had Cole in there; it clearly isn't a most-loved 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Was only 14 when Wenger arrived so grew up having the joy of watching the best players we have ever had at the club. I love the man, his class, integrity, loyalty and sheer intelligence is a rare commodity these days in the game. Happy 20 years anniversary at the club boss.

Call me mad but I think this is the year we win the Champions Lge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

s6hqq8.jpg

That would be my own selection. I would keep most of the famous back 5 just for there sheer grit, heart and toughness. We were blessed with fantastic players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I know its only headlines to sell a book but jesus Mourinho is a sad pathetic man, there have been very few if any, managers in the top flight of English football that have the complete lack of class that Jose has.
    Id love to have seen the reaction of Sir Bobby and the Utd hierarchy to these headlines,

Gringo180 wrote: »
    s6hqq8.jpg

That would be my own selection. I would keep most of the famous back 5 just for there sheer grit, heart and toughness. We were blessed with fantastic players.

I'd have Cole or Kenny Sansom at LB before Winterburn. He was a great player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd have Cole or Kenny Sansom at LB before Winterburn. He was a great player though.
    Kenny Samson never played under Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Gringo180 wrote: »
    s6hqq8.jpg

Was about to write out my Wenger XI & copped this was it exactly. Had briefly thought of Lauren instead of Dixon though went with the old school back 5 (well 4 of them anyway) as a unit.

Now, who's on the bench!?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement