Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

mansize wrote: »
    1st Chelsea shot on target in 84th minute

Pretty good save from Cech too. Would love to keep a cleansheet! The defence deserve one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Pretty good save from Cech too. Would love to keep a cleansheet! The defence deserve one!

They certainly do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It's the little things in life, like beating Chelsea 3 nil!

Seriously though can't remember the last complete performance over 90 mins in every single position.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

mansize wrote:
    As well as the acceptance of knowing he isn't a striker and asking Wenger to go back to the wing, and Wenger backing him

Very true, maybe the thought of Ramsey coming back is also in the back of his mind and with the team the way it is I don't see Ramsey taking Cazorla or Coq's place so Wenger would probably only think of playing him on the right... If Coq is out for a few weeks I would like to see a Xhaxa/Ramsey midfield but right now I'm liking the Xhaxa/Caz partnership so who knows that's probably the way forward.

What a game this was though I've enjoyed every second of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Mustafi looks world class already.

There is no doubting Arsene's eye for talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Delighted. Wally looked good. Sanchez looked good. The new defender Mustafi looks the business too.

Chelsea were very very poor though. Big problems for them but I dont give a fcuk.

Soups123 wrote: »
    How fcukin enjoyable to watch our 2 centre halfs bully the Fcuk out of Costa today. Reminds me of Adams and Keown

Wenger talked up Costa pre-match. Reminds me of the story from Perry groves book where George Graham once leaked a rumour he wanted to sign John 'Fash the bash' Fashanu before Arsenal played Wimbledon. Worked a treat, softened him up no end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Still not sure on it going forward, but Sanchez as a striker today was fantastic.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    It's the little things in life, like beating Chelsea 3 nil!

Seriously though can't remember the last complete performance over 90 mins in every single position.

Man United last season at the Emirates

Still not sure on it going forward, but Sanchez as a striker today was fantastic.

As long as he has an effect on stretching the opposition defence, he has to get the nod over Giroud.

As long as he has an effect on stretching the opposition defence, he has to get the nod over Giroud.

Absolutely. I'd still play Giroud in home games against lower opposition, as they're not going to come out whatever we do, but most games Sanchez or Perez there.

Xhaka is class probably a little bit caught out of position at times.

If he's gonna be our dm would like to see that improve but looks some talent.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Xhaka is class probably a little bit caught out of position at times.

If he's gonna be our dm would like to see that improve but looks some talent.

He needs to play with a runner like Elneny or Ramsey, maybe Coquelin (who for that 30 minutes was brilliant), but I don't think Xhaka-Cazorla will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Walcott is playing like the winger I wanted us to sign this summer. Taking a leave from Sanchez's book with his high work rate. Iwobi looks a serious player too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Walcott is playing like the winger I wanted us to sign this summer. Taking a leave from Sanchez's book with his high work rate. Iwobi looks a serious player too.

He looks ripped too his fitness allowing the work rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You just know with the run of games we have coming up, 8 all winnable, we'll do a very gunner thing and have a calamitous c..k up and we'll all lose this lovely feeling!!!

On another note, I think city could possibly threaten our invincibles record, they really are a class above all else so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Watched that in the pub. Great craic. Plenty of Arsenal and Chelsea fans there.

Great team performance. I had doubts regarding Coq and Cazorla but they excelled. Xhaka's passing was a treat when he replaced Coq.

Ozil was immense today with his passing. Walcott and Sanchez were excellent too and the young Iwobi was coolness personified. The back four were very steady and bullied the opposition which is great to see.

I won't get carried away just yet as we have flattered top deceive many times before BUT it was great to see today.

Well done Wenger and team.

Rumours of ligament damage to coq.

So it begins.

At least we have cover.

But can we mount a legitimate challenge to City? They look immense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Of course we can. They still look vulnerable at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Things change at an insane rate.

A few weeks back everyone else was fighting it out for fourth while City, Utd and Chelsea had the first three sewn up.

Manchester City won the first 5 or 6 last year too. That went well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    Things change at an insane rate.

A few weeks back everyone else was fighting it out for fourth while City, Utd and Chelsea had the first three sewn up.

It's an awful pity we gave up the first 5 points needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

F***ing yes mate!

Too many good performances to call one out, the team were immense today and loved the way Costa was bullied by are centre backs.

We have to take this performance with us every game now.

The strength in depth is putting them all under pressure to perform, exactly what we want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

emmetlego wrote: »
    You just know with the run of games we have coming up, 8 all winnable, we'll do a very gunner thing and have a calamitous c..k up and we'll all lose this lovely feeling!!!

On another note, I think city could possibly threaten our invincibles record, they really are a class above all else so far!

I'll take beating Chelsea 3 nil and then f*ckin up against someone else over getting bet by them again.

And City haven't had a hard game yet. They look good, yeah, but The Pool and hopefully Arsenal can take them down a peg or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Amazing result and performance today. Jaysus lads, a bit of competition for places in the starting 11 makes a huge difference. Every player worked there bollocks off today. Work rate was crazy.

Champs Lge winners this year lads save this post :D

Can't bleedin wait for MOTD.

Had to go out for dinner while it was on. Must have left the table 7 or 8 times to check the score.

People were probably wondering why I was shaking and couldn't hold a conversation for 30 seconds

Thanks Arsene. Again.

Need that every week.

There is gonna be harder games. Chelsea are all over the place at the moment.

Consistency is what we need.

London is Red!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Talk of Coq possibly having the same injury he got last year. Gutting - he is so underrated.

Bar that, today was bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Class, the smallest gestures can make someone's day

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/779771289808535552

wonga77 wrote: »
    Class, the smallest gestures can make someone's day

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/779771289808535552

Mesut Ozil has made this kid's dream come true.

*points at self*

And the updates below. I seem to be adding a different name to this every week which must be a good thing :D Again league goal and assists in brackets, totals on the right!

Goals
    Sanchez (4) 5
    Walcott (3) 3
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Ozil (2) 2
    Xhaka (1) 2
    Oxlade Chamberlain (1) 2
    Perez (0) 2
    Chambers (1) 1
    Koscielny (1) 1

Assists
    Iwobi (3) 3
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Sanchez (2) 2
    Walcott (1) 1
    Elneny (1) 1
    Perez (0) 1
    Akpom (0) 1
    Oxlade Chamberlain (0) 1
    Bellerin (1) 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

No Ozil assists?

He's ****e, sell him... :-)

My MOTM goes to Theo Walcott - he was immense today - shut me up and I'm one of his harshest critics

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

No Ozil assists?

Wenger out!

No Ozil assists?

Our top assister from last year has no assists and our top goal scorer from last year has no goals. Football :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

My MOTM goes to Theo Walcott - he was immense today - shut me up and I'm one of his harshest critics

he was poor when he came back from injury last season but now he looks like a completely different player - great going forward and I don't think he's ever defended as well.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote:
    he was poor when he came back from injury last season but now he looks like a completely different player - great going forward and I don't think he's ever defended as well.

Couldn't agree more, long may it last 😌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

**** the Wenger haters !! i still love him :D

Just watching the C*nts V Middlesbrough highlights on MOTD and from the looks of it Chambers really does need a lot of first team football to help him develop, he made a lot of mistakes and one in particular that should have led to a goal but Delli Alli skied it, hopefully he learns from it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

ezekel wrote: »
    loved the way Costa was bullied by are centre backs

I liked the way they controlled him by just being smarter. No kicking, scratching, cheating or diving......just being more intelligent.

Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Christ I forgot about Iwobi.

So cool under pressure.

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »

**** the Wenger haters !! i still love him :D

Never stopped. Not for one second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I hate Walcott I f*cking love Walcott today it's love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

DanC90 wrote: »
    Just watching the C*nts V Middlesbrough highlights on MOTD and from the looks of it Chambers really does need a lot of first team football to help him develop, he made a lot of mistakes and one in particular that should have led to a goal but Delli Alli skied it, hopefully he learns from it though.

Why do you hate Spurs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yahooooooooooo

Best win in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

That first half was near perfection.

First time I can recall the fans singing at half time in the concourse in my block - 92/93.

You couldn't pick out a stand out player there were so many great performances.

Ozil has the vision and passing range of a god.
    When did Theo ever make as many tackles?
    Iwobi looks a huge talent.
    Mustafi looks the ideal partner for Kos.
    That tackle from Hector.

If you were to criticise maybe Theo should have shot in the 2nd half but I will forgive him.

Yesterday was a good day to be a gooner.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement