Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    The change occurred over the summer and throughout preseason. I was watching.

It wasn't like he was jumping out of tackles one match, then flying around like a madman the next.

Oh i don't know.
    He didn't impress me during pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pocaide wrote: »
    Hope one of you might be able to help me out trying to sign up to be a red member on Arsenal.com but when it comes to payment by direct debit it won't accept my bank's details. Any help would be appreciated.

If it's an Irish bank account, you mightn't be able to set up dd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Yeah it's an Irish bank account and on line only gives me the direct debit option. Any suggestions from anyone.

Yeah it's an Irish bank account and on line only gives me the direct debit option. Any suggestions from anyone.

Is there not the option to choose full or lite membrship and then pay by card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    I think he just took a long time to recover from the last injury. Both physically but especially mentally. So long that half our fan base had given up on him. Glad Arsene didn't.

The jury is still out on Walcott for me. He has had an excellent start but were are only a few games into the season. Lets judge him in another fews months. His workrate is second to none but his distribution is very poor.

Choose the lite option, didn't give me any choice.

Choose the lite option, didn't give me any choice.

I tried it there, it allowed me to add it to basket and took me to the login/create account page. Not sure after that as I don't have membership no. on me now to log in.

Thanks for that, problem must be at my end :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Digital only handy for watching match highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

mansize wrote: »
    Digital only handy for watching match highlights

Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Am i the only one still not impressed with Walcott?

He diddnt play that well last weekend and hasnt been for some of the games i have seen so far?

I must be blind

Am i the only one still not impressed with Walcott?

He diddnt play that well last weekend and hasnt been for some of the games i have seen so far?

I must be blind

"He's been a good player, not a great player Bill".

"He's been a good player, not a great player Bill".

:):):)

He has been very good I think anyway, which is a big step up from the crap of last year etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I think Wenger or the players had a go at him or the fact that he was dropped from the England squad as others have said. The change was too sudden.

Maybe he came across this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

ectoraige wrote: »
    Maybe he came across this thread.

I wouldn't be surprised we call out a lot of problems and find solutions in here it's a fcukin goldmine

Soups123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised we call out a lot of problems and find solutions in here it's a fcukin goldmine

And we don't charge a cent :pac:

emmetlego wrote: »
    Eh?

The free "digital only" membership is great for match highlights on Arsenal.com

Soups123 wrote: »

Well 1/2 of us say one thing, the other 1/2 say the opposite so it's always right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wenger confirms Le Coq could be back in 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Like others have said, it's too early to say if walcott has turned a corner or not...one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.

But, surely whatever his motivation he has been vastly improved so I don't see the need to constantly bitch about how crap he was last season.

Yes he pulled out of a tackle when he shouldn't have. Yes he was off he pace and under performed. And yes he needs to grow a pair but he was back from injury and overal confidence was low.

Let's just hope he continues improve and play his part in a quadruple winning season cos after losing a game v Liverpool, that's all we have left to play for now...

Like others have said, it's too early to say if walcott has turned a corner or not...one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.

But, surely whatever his motivation he has been vastly improved so I don't see the need to constantly bitch about how crap he was last season.

Yes he pulled out of a tackle when he shouldn't have. Yes he was off he pace and under performed. And yes he needs to grow a pair but he was back from injury and overal confidence was low.

Let's just hope he continues improve and play his part in a quadruple winning season cos after losing a game v Liverpool, that's all we have left to play for now...

Thing is, we had a good shout of winning the league last season and needed the experienced players to step up. He shirked and that is a bit unforgivable given that Wenger has kept faith in him for over 10 years. In truth, he hasn't really developed or amounted to much and is just another player that's symptomatic of what is wrong with the English football system.

Had he even been average he would have got a free pass. He was beyond septic in games and the jump out of the tackle really angered many people. That was the pits altogether

We're stuck with him for now so we may stick with him

Thing is, we had a good shout of winning the league last season and needed the experienced players to step up. He shirked and that is a bit unforgivable given that Wenger has kept faith in him for over 10 years. In truth, he hasn't really developed or amounted to much and is just another player that's symptomatic of what is wrong with the English football system.

Had he even been average he would have got a free pass. He was beyond septic in games and the jump out of the tackle really angered many people. That was the pits altogether

We're stuck with him for now so we may stick with him

I see valid points in both, I'm giving Theo a cautious pass for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

mansize wrote: »
    I see valid points in both, I'm giving Theo a cautious pass for now

He just told me that he is delighted to read that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

unforgiveable is a bit strong Tipp ! Unforgiveable would be refusing to play and going off to Argentina to play golf like Carlos Tevez.

Wenger reckons he's a different player and has matured.
    He's 27 FFS and earning a huge packet.
    That should be a given.

I really hope he doesn't go back to his old ways, but I'm skeptical.

• Advertisement

Wenger reckons he's a different player and has matured.
    He's 27 FFS and earning a huge packet.
    That should be a given.

I really hope he doesn't go back to his old ways, but I'm skeptical.

I'm confident that if he can go on a long uninjured run, he can finally become an excellent player. He's often shown flashes but he's never managed to maintain that consistently, mainly down to injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I'm confident that if he can go on a long uninjured run, he can finally become an excellent player. He's often shown flashes but he's never managed to maintain that consistently, mainly down to injury.

It's very debatable, he's been with us for 10 years at least, 10 years ago he was "going to be world class" ten years on he's still "going to be world class".

I appreciate you have faith in him but I don't believe he's ever going to be world class, he's a good player when he tries and right now he's trying, that's good but as good as it's going to get IMO.

It's very debatable, he's been with us for 10 years at least, 10 years ago he was "going to be world class" ten years on he's still "going to be world class".

I appreciate you have faith in him but I don't believe he's ever going to be world class, he's a good player when he tries and right now he's trying, that's good but as good as it's going to get IMO.

If he ever was going to be World Class we would have seen it by now. He will never be Kevin De Bruyne however good he gets. He could well be better than Navas though.

(Not sure why all the Man City refs btw)

unforgiveable is a bit strong Tipp ! Unforgiveable would be refusing to play and going off to Argentina to play golf like Carlos Tevez.

Give 100% or feck off. God knows they are paid enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

From arseblog

According to Opta, Walcott has already made more tackles (12) in six Premier League appearances this season as he managed in the last two seasons combined (11).

• Advertisement

Bild reporting that Ozil is to sign a new contract. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

He is due to get the #10 shirt aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Give 100% or feck off. God knows they are paid enough

Give 100% or f*** right off.

You're playing for bleedin Arsenal Football Club, you lucky, lucky bastards!

ronjo wrote: »
    He just told me that he is delighted to read that :D

I'm delighted he can read! :pac:

I don't want to read too much into it but there was a lot of crest thumping after he scored the other day.

Him and Sanchez tied down would be amazing for the club.

Ozil looks like a done deal, Sanchez is not so clear cut reading between the lines. Tying them both down is crucial... Really crucial!

wawaman wrote: »
    He is due to get the #10 shirt aswell.

Think he'll have to wait for that. Don't think they can be changed until next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Surely it means wenger is too?

He must have been given assurances wenger will be sticking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Surely it means wenger is too?

He must have been given assurances wenger will be sticking around.

I'd imagine Wenger will get one unless the season is a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And if he does then it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Fingers crossed.

Won't be a disaster though. For once we have cover for injuries.

Quazzie wrote: »
    And if he does then it will be.

Depends on the performance i suppose, and whether you're more anti-Wenger than pro-Arsenal.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Please sanchez next.

Because you can be sure we ain't gonna replace him if he goes given our options now with the arrival of perez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Depends on the performance i suppose, and whether you're more anti-Wenger than pro-Arsenal.
    I fully believe that Arsenal cannot achieve their full potential under Wenger, and that we will never again win a title under his management. How is that not pro-Arsenal?

Quazzie wrote: »
    I fully believe that Arsenal cannot achieve their full potential under Wenger, and that we will never again win a title under his management. How is that not pro-Arsenal?

I didn't say that wasn't pro-Arsenal. What if he does win the league?

I know people who'd rather Arsenal came 4th and he didn't get a new contract, rather than win the league and he signs a new deal. To me that's more anti-Wenger than pro-Arsenal.

I didn't say that wasn't pro-Arsenal. What if he does win the league?

I know people who'd rather Arsenal came 4th and he didn't get a new contract, rather than win the league and he signs a new deal. To me that's more anti-Wenger than pro-Arsenal.

Sorry but those people don't exist.

If they do then one of them please post here.

gosplan wrote: »

I know a couple, seriously. Constantly go on about Groundhog Day and use the word 'dithering' a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

gosplan wrote: »

Have to agree with this I am a fan for 40 years and all any true fan wants is to win the title and any thing less is no good.
    This year with the new signings and the guys gone has made the guys that are left that they have to perform or else.
    Sending jack out on loan was one of the arsene best ever move, he now has to man up at a smaller club and be there best player week in week out or he is finished and washed up, who will want him then.
    Garnby what had he done on loan at smaller clubs nothing, when Tony pulis could not motivate him not good and a great move to get rid of him for a fee before the free transfer,
    Theo has realised he could be next for the door and there won't be to many takers,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement