Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

L'prof wrote: »
    You reckon they have his contract date right or is he tied down for longer? I'd still be surprised to see them play hardball and ask for crazy money if he wanted to leave

Well I'd hope that they would play hardball, especially if it's a main rival like Man City. If Bellerin is ever to leave than it should be abroad. The days of selling first team players to the likes of Man City or that should be long over. Obviously length of current contracts can change this stance however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why are the club offering him a new contract though?

contracts aren't really rewards for players, they're more insurance/investments by the clubs

they'll offer him more money & try to add another year or two on the length of his contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

batistuta9 wrote: »
    contracts aren't really rewards for players, they're more insurance/investments by the clubs

they'll offer him more money & try to add another year or two on the length of his contract

As long as we pay him close to what City would, you can't see why he's move there.

I'd be more worried if Barca started talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

gosplan wrote: »
    As long as we pay him close to what City would, you can't see why he's move there.

I don't think Barca would offer as much wages as he'll probably be offered by Arsenal to extend the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bellerin going nowhere.
    It's only the rags filling up space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bellerin going nowhere.
    It's only the rags filling up space.

I'll say it again.

Bloody stupid international week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »

from what he's said about arsenal you wouldn't think he'd go there but that's only words, they all play up to the fans.

more money, better chance of trophies & pep would tempt a lot of players
    I don't think Barca would offer as much wages as he'll probably be offered by Arsenal to extend the contract.

they probably don't even need to, it's barca

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The only thing better than watching Ozil play ball is hearing him speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Didn't get a chance to watch the Wenger-Henry interview, is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

emmetlego wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance to watch the Wenger-Henry interview, is it worth it?

Depends on if you like Wenger or not. I only watched the shortened version myself but enjoyed it. Must have a look for the full thing!

• Advertisement

Depends on if you like Wenger or not. I only watched the shortened version myself but enjoyed it. Must have a look for the full thing!

Well, there's not much else happening these days, is it long? Would I need to sit down with a beer to watch it? Also, has anyone got a link to it? Thanks peeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

^^ thanks will watch it later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great interview! I love the way Thierry calls Arsene "Boss". You can feel the love! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Worth a look.

The optimism is beginning to become contagious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I feel like the press and talk of Theo's 'resurgence' is getting a /bit/ over the top at this stage. He's scored like 5 goals, he hasn't turned into Maradona.

I feel like the press and talk of Theo's 'resurgence' is getting a /bit/ over the top at this stage. He's scored like 5 goals, he hasn't turned into Maradona.

Definitely going overboard. As much as I loathe the man, as Keano said, he needs to do it for the next few years. All it would take is an injury to put a halt to it all, but he looks like a man possessed this season. Massive improvement on the last few years. It may only be 5 goals, but it's also only been 7 games opposed to 22 goals in 81 games over the last few years! I'm delighted anyway

Definitely going overboard. As much as I loathe the man, as Keano said, he needs to do it for the next few years. All it would take is an injury to put a halt to it all, but he looks like a man possessed this season. Massive improvement on the last few years. It may only be 5 goals, but it's also only been 7 games opposed to 22 goals in 81 games over the last few years! I'm delighted anyway

TBF, I'd say all Arsenal fans are delighted. I just don't trust that this is nothing more than a flash in the pan though. He's had streaks like this before.

• Advertisement

Arseblog reporting both Ozil and Sanchez looking for 250000 a week wage rises.

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Jesus

If you want to piss with the big boys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jesus

Thanks for the memories lads but there's the door....

Theres no way the club would be willing or dare I say could afford that, allowing for the domino effect to the rest of the squad & for any future signings of note that would have a massive impact on the wage bill.

Cant see it happening TBH.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Jesus

They want to be brought up to 250k a week. They don't want a raise of 250k a week.

And it's international week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    They want to be brought up to 250k a week. They don't want a raise of 250k a week.

And it's international week.

Rooney and Pogba are on more than that (for example) and other clubs would be prepared to pay at least that for them so I don't think it's an unreasonable request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DvB wrote: »
    Thanks for the memories lads but there's the door....

That's the attitude that guarantees we'll never be a top club. The best players in the league are paid 250k+, that's the reality of the league. Ozil and Sanchez are up there, therefore pay them the money or we'll be fighting for 4th at best for eternity.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Rooney and Pogba are on more than that (for example) and other clubs would be prepared to pay at least that for them so I don't think it's an unreasonable request

When they're prepared to pay £70m for 2 Mustafi & Xhaka it's probably time that the wage structure was paid a visit too

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Jesus

I'd imagine they'd be looking for a rise in line with what the top players at other top clubs are being paid. I'm fairly sure arsenal can afford it and we damn well can't afford to lose those two.

The fact that they are happy to stay at Arsenal and take that money rather than take the same money at another top club that they may not have to work as hard to win something, shows they want to work on building the club up.
    If Arsenal don't pay it and they leave, the club deserve the mediocre ****e they have shown for 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lets win something meaningful (League/Champ League) before we start rewarding players for 4th place ffs. Thats exactly whats wrong with football, over rewarding for under achievement TBH.....if you are constantly winning leagues and champions league then so be it. Its not like there is such thing as a broke footballer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lets win something meaningful (League/Champ League) before we start rewarding players for 4th place ffs. Thats exactly whats wrong with football, over rewarding for under achievement TBH.....if you are constantly winning leagues and champions league then so be it. Its not like there is such thing as a broke footballer....

On the other hand, if we don't pay the going rate, we don't keep the best players, and then we definitely won't win anything.

Also we haven't finished 4th in 2 years. Why do people still parrot this ****e?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lets win something meaningful (League/Champ League) before we start rewarding players for 4th place ffs.

But they finished 2nd... :P

REWARD, REWARD, REWARD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That's the attitude that guarantees we'll never be a top club. The best players in the league are paid 250k+, that's the reality of the league. Ozil and Sanchez are up there, therefore pay them the money or we'll be fighting for 4th at best for eternity.

That's actually what I suspect the clubs attitude would be, not my own personal opinion. Apologies if the wording of my post gave a different view.
    Based on previous mutterings around players looking for pay hikes would anybody be surprised if the club refused to met their demands? Hence the comment.

If it was down to me I'd pay them, no qualms, if they keep us challenging & in europe they pay for themselves.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    That's actually what I suspect the clubs attitude would be, not my own personal opinion. Apologies if the wording of my post gave a different view.
    Based on previous mutterings around players looking for pay hikes would anybody be surprised if the club refused to met their demands? Hence the comment.

If it was down to me I'd pay them, no qualms, if they keep us challenging & in europe they pay for themselves.

A player hasn't left us to get better money elsewhere in a good while now. I'd be surprised if it's going to start going that way again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The club are also reporting that Arsenal are saying 180,000 but the lads are saying 250,000.

not that much in it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Stupid international break is stupid

International matches are so boring outside of major championships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

mansize wrote: »

Chile playing on Wednesday and then Arsenal at home that Saturday - I presume Sanchez will be rested for that match.

The standard is awful, much rather watch Germany or Spain than Ireland or England. I have a line up of Arsenal greats tonight... Starting with Fever pitch!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And now there are reports on Arseblog that Bellerin picked up an ankle injury :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

CatInABox wrote: »
    And now there are reports on Arseblog that Bellerin picked up an ankle injury :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Panic over. He's training as normal with Spain's U21s this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

greendom wrote: »
    Panic over. He's training as normal with Spain's U21s this morning

Can we have him back now please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can we have him back now please.

Get the auld cotton wool and bubble wrap out after that scare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

what is Bellerin doing with the under 21's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So bored, who wins? :D

http://sharemytactics.com/

pudzey101 wrote: »
    what is Bellerin doing with the under 21's ?

Spain are lucky enough to be spoiled for choice in that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

id have Bellerin over carvajal all day long :D Bellerin and alba on either sides :D

We should ask Spain would they swap Bellerin for this other great wingback 'El Paulo McShaneo'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sky Sports News are saying England should play Walcott on the right and Rashford on the left tomorrow against Malta. That would be very attacking for them imo. Both players in very good form for their clubs.

DenMan wrote: »
    Sky Sports News are saying England should play Walcott on the right and Rashford on the left tomorrow against Malta. That would be very attacking for them imo. Both players in very good form for their clubs.

F*** that.

Drop Walcott. Definitely.

Well, whatever, I don't care. Just send him back in one piece.

Stupid bloody internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The standard is awful, much rather watch Germany or Spain than Ireland or England. I have a line up of Arsenal greats tonight... Starting with Fever pitch!

Come up and support Dundalk and watch them play the way football should be played i.e. on the ground. MON could also do with watching Dundalk.

• Advertisement

I've watched them a couple of times this year, very well organised side in fairness!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement