Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ah now now Tayto. We know an Arsenal 3 weeks is very different from a calendar 3 weeks. Besides, we've barely missed him.

He'll be like a new signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ramsey wasn't missed tbf

Long trek to London now

Anyone know if we're on t.v. tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone know if we're on t.v. tomorrow?

Only on the special kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Arsenal are currently 2 points better off than last season and on course for 73 points if they match the rest of last season's results. Having lost to Swansea at home last year, that can be improved upon today.

Guardian's predicted Lineups:

2whftht.jpg

L'prof wrote: »
    Arsenal are currently 2 points better off than last season and on course for 73 points if they match the rest of last season's results. Having lost to Swansea at home last year, that can be improved upon today.

Guardian's predicted Lineups:

2whftht.jpg

I have a sneaky feeling that Lucas might get a start. When did Sanchez play? Was it Tuesday or Wednesday? Did he play the full 90?

We've only beaten Swansea once in our last 5 meetings.
    They always press us high and try and stop us creating.
    It will not be easy but I think if we start properly we'll get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have a sneaky feeling that Lucas might get a start. When did Sanchez play? Was it Tuesday or Wednesday? Did he play the full 90?

DOnt think his match finished until 3am Thursday morning, no doubt he'll want to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wasn't expecting Sanchez to start.

Great play, bit of fortune that it fell to Walcott.

Theo

Poor from Swans defence but we'll take it :D

Great play, bit of fortune that it fell to Walcott.

Yup, fair play to him for getting right in there.

Theo again lol

• Advertisement

Really enjoying Swanseas defending here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus they all count and all but that was sooo easy for Theo

Has Christmas come early?
    Swansea are usually good in defence.

:D:D

Can't stop scoring

Özil's touches off today

• Advertisement

Sloppy

Very lax

mansize wrote: »
    Sloppy

All the way to the Emirates to message on Boards? I'll take your ticket next time!! :D

We are too lax at the back.
    The game is not won so stop the clowning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How much did Xhaka cost? He'd want to pick it up a bit, hasn't done much today apart from giving the ball away for a goal.

This ref is letting Swansea away with murder

eagle eye wrote: »
    How much did Xhaka cost? He'd want to pick it up a bit, hasn't done much today apart from giving the ball away for a goal.

You must have missed the forward passes to Sanchez, setting up a few chances there.

And you blatantly haven't watched the guy this season if you're questioning him now.

Basil3 wrote: »
    All the way to the Emirates to message on Boards? I'll take your ticket next time!! :D

I'm on my jack jones and the ball is dead when I post tbf

I met up with the Gay Gooners before the match for pints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Apart from maybe one game where he was poor, Xhaka has been pretty damned good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I actually think that's the first mistake I've seen Xhaka commit, and we've paid dearly for it. He has had a good season so far!

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    I actually think that's the first mistake I've seen Xhaka commit, and we've paid dearly for it. He has had a good season so far!

He was also poor at the start of the season. I think it was the Liverpool match where he looked completely off the pace when he came on. Been good when called upon since then.

Could easily have been 2 all at h.t.
    Very poor defending from both teams.
    Hope Wenger reads the riot act now.
    Sloppy is not the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Happy with that first half. We did get two poxy goals in fairness, but we have been cruising through this match. Obviously the individual mistake by Xhaka has let them back in it. Not blaming Cech either, but maybe he could have done better or maybe it was hit too hard for him to react. We will need a third goal to finish it off, but more of the same second half I say.

Could easily have been 2 all at h.t.
    Very poor defending from both teams.
    Hope Wenger reads the riot act now.
    Sloppy is not the word.

I'm not surprised at all, we're traditionally very sloppy after the interlull. I expect us to up it a bit after the restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Watching Arsenal vs Swansea, Walcott get a poke in the eye and goes to ground, falls down and then stays down for about 90 secs. Now he should have had a free kick but what the hell is he doing falling on to the ground, it's his eye that got hurt not his legs or lower body. As an Arsenal supported this type of thing sums up most of the Arsenal players, no gumption, no bottle, a bunch of prima donnas who fold when they get into a physical tussle. I mean this as a team, a few of the Arsenal players Sanchez for instance are rugged enough but the likes of Walcott needs a good kick up the arse. No way this side will win the league. Even this match, they were 2 nil up, an easy game and then they make a couple of stupid mistakes in defence gifting Swansea a goal and giveing them heart to up their game, typical of Arsenal, again.

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Watching Arsenal vs Swansea, Walcott get a poke in the eye and goes to ground, falls down and then stays down for about 90 secs. Now he should have had a free kick but what the hell is he doing falling on to the ground, it's his eye that got hurt not his legs or lower body. As an Arsenal supported this type of thing sums up most of the Arsenal players, no gumption, no bottle, a bunch of prima donnas who fold when they get into a physical tussle. I mean this as a team, a few of the Arsenal players Sanchez for instance are rugged enough but the likes of Walcott needs a good kick up the arse. No way this side will win the league. Even this match, they were 2 nil up, an easy game and then they make a couple of stupid mistakes in defence gifting Swansea a goal and giveing them heart to up their game, typical of Arsenal, again.

Welcome☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You must have missed the forward passes to Sanchez, setting up a few chances there.

And you blatantly haven't watched the guy this season if you're questioning him now.
    I've watched him in about five games and he was very poor in one, average in three and decent in one, against Basel. That doesn't include today's game where he has been poor despite a couple of decent balls which you point out. He looked good as a sub twice but he is expected at his price to be a starter not a sub.

Apart from that horrendous attempt to look like Ronaldinho he gave the ball away about three times in that first half today and he has been out of position a few times as well after the goal when Arsenal were defending.

This guy cost a lot of money and he doesn't look worth it at the minute.

The lunatics are taking over. I'm out of here until after the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I've watched him in about five games and he was very poor in one, average in three and decent in one, against Basel. That doesn't include today's game where he has been poor despite a couple of decent balls which you point out. He looked good as a sub twice but he is expected at his price to be a starter not a sub.

Apart from that horrendous attempt to look like Ronaldinho he gave the ball away about three times in that first half today and he has been out of position a few times as well after the goal when Arsenal were defending.

Unfortunately £35m isn't a lot of money in the premier league these days. Even so I don't agree with your analysis of Xhaka over his first handful of games.

He's only played 6 games, a few of those as a sub and he scored screamers in two (none against Basel). And that was the only decent game he played? Sorry, but I've a feeling you're making some of this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mother of jaysus

Iwobi a delight to watch

Get In Ozil

Wow

• Advertisement

What a feckin' finish :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What a finish from Ozil. Very similar to a Gibbs goal versus Swansea a couple of years back.

Rubbish defending yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thats WAY too easy

****e defending again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement