Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

emmetlego wrote: »
    Have to say, and I'll probably get slated for this! Despite 2 goals, I really think Ox has been poison tonight. Some awful passing and his corners have been atrocious.

Agree with you, probably not a popular opinion tonight though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Who dribbled before the goal?

Think it might have been Willock although Giroud was heavily involved too.

Have to say, and I'll probably get slated for this! Despite 2 goals, I really think Ox has been poison tonight. Some awful passing and his corners have been atrocious.

On a positive side.. I really like the look of Perez, Shame about the injury. Great to see Jenks back, he had a good game too.

Can't really comment only caught the second half. Gotta agree with you about Perez though, hope it isn't serious. Was cynical from a guy who'd just come on to! Yeah tis great to see him back after a long time out. Assuming we don't p*ss away at 2-0 lead will be good to see a similar team in the next round.

Great save from Martinez there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Think Elneny has been excellent again tonight. Terrific work rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

7 clean sheets in 8 games is a very interesting stat.

Dare I tempt fate and say, Championships are built on such form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quazzie wrote: »

Still way to early for that kind of talk ;). Let's take it game by game, far too long a history of bottling it. Good to keep clean sheets but still see a lot of errors at the back especially tonight and on Saturday. Still worries me when we come up against better sides.

I wonder if Wenger will start to add in a few first team players come the next stage. Worth a punt considering we could be three games away from a final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

On a positive side.. I really like the look of Perez, Shame about the injury. Great to see Jenks back, he had a good game too.

At least he's becoming more proficient in front of goal. He's never scored 5 goals in a season before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Kodi and Sportsmania is by far better than anything I've come across before

Cheers

Well done the boys

139738.jpg?lines=SHH%2C+SHUT+UP!

• Advertisement

Jenko did well I hear

mansize wrote: »
    Jenko did well I hear

I always felt that Jenko has the raw materials to become a top player but needs a run of games. Did Holding play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I always felt that Jenko has the raw materials to become a top player but needs a run of games. Did Holding play?

He did, was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

just watched the highlights on ewetube...looks like we should have scored a lot more...any word on Perez - did he pick up a knock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stats for the season below. Totals on the right!

Goals
    Walcott (5) 8
    Sanchez (4) 6
    Ozil (3) 6
    Oxlade Chamberlain (1) 5
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Koscielny (2) 2
    Xhaka (1) 2
    Perez (0) 2
    Chambers (1) 1

Assists
    Sanchez (3) 5
    Iwobi (3) 3
    Cazorla (2) 3
    Perez (0) 3
    Walcott (2) 2
    Oxlade Chamberlain (0) 2
    Elneny (1) 1
    Akpom (0) 1
    Bellerin (1) 1
    Ozil (0) 1
    Giroud (0) 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I only watched the highlights, but, from what I saw, it's nice to see the Arsenal second string put away teams with no real dilemmas.

Really wish Jenko got a goal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great to see Ox racking up a few goals, should do his confidence a lot of good. Given he got subbed off and not Iwobi, I'd say he'll probably start the next league match.

Interesting that the tackle on Giroud didn't result in a red card...

domrush wrote: »
    He did, was good.

I always thought that he didn't look a natural footballer; always seemed a bit akward. Looked a lot better than I remember last night. Perhaps that was down to the opposition. Great that he's playing again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hi all.

Yesterday evening i was on my way home cycling near central London on a quiet street.

There was a car that was driving the opposite direction on a fairly wide road and as we both approached this little junction he immediately turned on me (to his right to turn into the right side road from where his facing) without indicating and went straight into me.

Apparently i flipped mid air and i landed on my left side.

There was another driver that was behind him and he had a dashcam and recorded the whole thing. The driver that hit me didn't stop after the collision and ran.

Thankfully the other driver chased and followed him on a dead-end turn and told him to come back etc and he took his licence plate.

The guy never came back but i have all the video footage and registration .

Another thing to add that there was a off duty officer that was in the area too when it happened! He took my details plus the witnesses details and called the police to fill in a incident report.

I thank my lucky stars because looking at the footage i am lucky im just bruised. nothing broken when i saw the doctor.

I was later that evening planning to go to the emirates and watch arsenal play as i had tickets. So thats a bit of a bummer and my bikes wheels are screwed up.

In terms of whats the next step. what can i do for compensation etc? i would need to repair my bike and i spent 20+ quid on taxi's to get me to hospital etc.

I know that the police will call me again or i will give them a call sometime today to follow up on.

It was a pretty crap evening yesterday for me but could have been worse.
    Good thing arsenal won!

• Advertisement

Hi all.

Yesterday evening i was on my way home cycling near central London on a quiet street.

There was a car that was driving the opposite direction on a fairly wide road and as we both approached this little junction he immediately turned on me (to his right to turn into the right side road from where his facing) without indicating and went straight into me.

Apparently i flipped mid air and i landed on my left side.

There was another driver that was behind him and he had a dashcam and recorded the whole thing. The driver that hit me didn't stop after the collision and ran.

Thankfully the other driver chased and followed him on a dead-end turn and told him to come back etc and he took his licence plate.

The guy never came back but i have all the video footage and registration .

Another thing to add that there was a off duty officer that was in the area too when it happened! He took my details plus the witnesses details and called the police to fill in a incident report.

I thank my lucky stars because looking at the footage i am lucky im just bruised. nothing broken when i saw the doctor.

I was later that evening planning to go to the emirates and watch arsenal play as i had tickets. So thats a bit of a bummer and my bikes wheels are screwed up.

In terms of whats the next step. what can i do for compensation etc? i would need to repair my bike and i spent 20+ quid on taxi's to get me to hospital etc.

I know that the police will call me again or i will give them a call sometime today to follow up on.

It was a pretty crap evening yesterday for me but could have been worse.
    Good thing arsenal won!
    Bloody hell that was a lucky escape. Glad to hear you're not too badly hurt. Not sure how the whole process works but keep all your reciepts. You should claim for the price of the tickets to the game too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This isn't really the place to be asking for legal advice jonney, you'd be better off trying here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

Hope you're ok anyway man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sounds really crappy JohnnyMendoza. Hope it works out okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

is there anywhere i can watch the highlights of the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7rQxrxYgU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Advertisement

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/10/video-arsenal-2-0-reading-extended-highlights/ Hope you're feeling a little bit better after the accident yesterday mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

****ty thing to happen. Not sure on compensation though as its just bruises and nothing broken.

After something like this happening, I'd start a log of your day, how you are feeling, aches, pain, how you are sleeping etc. It will help you notice if something is awry. Just from my own experience from a family member who was involved in a not so big car accident.

Obviously keep your reciepts for taxi, medical bills and bike costs. Unless your bills are extensive I'd just be happy to have the fcuker nail to the wall for leaving you for dead.

ring one of the injury lawyers solicitors, they'll give you a fair idea of what you'd be entitled to

glad it wasnt too serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Southampton at home in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Southampton it is other draws are

Liverpool v Leeds United

Manchester United v West Ham

Hull vs Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

5star02707 wrote: »
    Southampton it is other draws are

Liverpool v Leeds United

Manchester United v West Ham

Hull vs Newcastle

A chance for redemption after last year

So Perez is down as being out injured until December 10th. Bit of a bummer, he's hardly had a chance.

Lucky that Giroud is back, because Welbeck and Akpom are both still out until the new year. Not a huge amount of options up front!

Basil3 wrote: »
    So Perez is down as being out injured until December 10th. Bit of a bummer, he's hardly had a chance.

Lucky that Giroud is back, because Welbeck and Akpom are both still out until the new year. Not a huge amount of options up front!

Might give him a chance to bulk up at the same time. He looks a bit light and needs time to adjust. That said he also does need games and it is a blow from that perspective

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Perez is meant to have a lot of size about him - don't think he'll be bulking up any further!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

You couldn't really write a more Arsenal script, the game Giroud makes his full come back from injury, Lucas Perez then picks up an injury and is out for a month.

Giroud will hopefully give another option (focal point) against teams that set up like Burnley and Middlesbrough have.

Ramsey and Giroud back in the squad for tomorrow but uncertainties over Monreal, Cazorla and Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It great to have the guys back, but Cazorla is the key one for us I think. He makes the midfield tick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Giroud will get a hat-trick for us tomorrow against Sunderland. (Y)

DenMan wrote: »

If we'd had him as an option from the bench I'm sure we would have scrapped a win against Middlesbrough. He makes things happen in that type of match. Great to have him back.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Perez is meant to have a lot of size about him - don't think he'll be bulking up any further!

He looks awful light to me.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »

We dont create half the chances without him. He creates alot of space between midfield and the 18 as he is a handful to mark. We are literally playing without a striker at the moment. Everyone is playing so deep. Theo seems to be the furthest forward and he isnt exactly hanging off the last man either

greendom wrote: »
    Ramsey and Giroud back in the squad for tomorrow but uncertainties over Monreal, Cazorla and Walcott

Quite possible we could be without all 3, sure hope not.

Interesting that Monreal is down as muscle fatigue. He's been in average form, and Gibbs has performed well when called upon. Makes you wonder why he was supposedly run into the ground.

'Run into the ground'?

They have tests to asess muscle fatigue, he has reached it and is being rested, all clubs do this. It's normal.

'Run into the ground'?

They have tests to asess muscle fatigue, he has reached it and is being rested, all clubs do this. It's normal.

I realise that, but my point is that he hasn't been playing well, and maybe could have been rested earlier.

I know it's normal to rest a player, but its also not that common for a player to get listed as out of action due to muscle fatigue. Monreal is the first time I've seen a player on Physioroom listed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

To be fair, and its been said before, Iwobi is leaving him with an awful lot to do a lot of the time. He has made his fair share of mistakes himself though. No harm giving Gibbs a game, he's hasnt been bad when called upon recently IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The defensive side of Iwobi's game has been poor alright but he's still learning.
    Ox had the same problems (still does imo) as had Theo who's improved. It's all part of learning the game but Monrael is a victim at the moment and his confidence has suffered as a result. He was close to being player of the year last season. Maybe he needs to be rested for awhile although the thoughts of Gibbs there in a very difficult month (Nov) with a run of difficult fixtures scares me.

Monreal is better than Gibbs by a good stretch

Basil3 wrote: »
    I realise that, but my point is that he hasn't been playing well, and maybe could have been rested earlier.

I know it's normal to rest a player, but its also not that common for a player to get listed as out of action due to muscle fatigue. Monreal is the first time I've seen a player on Physioroom listed with it.

I've seen it before. My issue was what you said, or how you phrased it. "run into the ground". Think that was way OTT. But I'm probably being pedantic.

The defensive side of Iwobi's game has been poor alright but he's still learning.
    Ox had the same problems (still does imo) as had Theo who's improved. It's all part of learning the game but Monrael is a victim at the moment and his confidence has suffered as a result. He was close to being player of the year last season. Maybe he needs to be rested for awhile although the thoughts of Gibbs there in a very difficult month (Nov) with a run of difficult fixtures scares me.

When you consider Thomas or Rocky, if Iwobi done what he was doing in the time of George Graham he would be b0llocked out of it.

That said, we cant complain too much as we are in the running and i do think we have a better squad.

Ill keep an open mind to Gibbs for now. The penny seems to have dropped for Ox who was alot worse and Theo too and Hopefully Gibbs will put having a decent Arsenal career over getting a move to a no-hoper mid table team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You couldn't really write a more Arsenal script, the game Giroud makes his full come back from injury, Lucas Perez then picks up an injury and is out for a month.

No a proper Arsenal script is Giroud is still injured and Perez gets injured!

(I've probably jinxed it haven't I!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement