Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I reckon I could have drawn you almost that exact graph if you'd asked me to. Reasonably strong start (although there have been a couple of occasions where this hasn't happened), awful November, put together a run from January til March and then run out of steam during the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I didn't want to bring up November, but seeing as you have...

We'll see how big our title credentials are by the start of December. November is our killer month. Even Arsene referred to it last week in an interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »
    I didn't want to bring up November, but seeing as you have...

We'll see how big our title credentials are by the start of December. November is our killer month. Even Arsene referred to it last week in an interview.

We have games against --- Spurs (H), United (A), Bournemouth (H) Southampton (H) C/League - Ludo tomorrow night (A) and PSG (H).

Nothing easy but all winnable imo if we approach them in the right frame of mind. The United game is massive as we haven't won there in years and now that Mourinho is in charge there's a bit more bite to it.

Just reading there that Bellerin, Theo, Monreal and Santi havent made the trip to Bulgaria. Guess they're being saved for the derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just reading there that Bellerin, Theo, Monreal and Santi havent made the trip to Bulgaria. Guess they're being saved for the derby.

Or injured. You know, it is us after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Right decision IMO, we should have enough stength in depth to get the job done. Looking forward to Sunday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Thought Gibbs had a great game at the weekend, had a lot going forward.

domrush wrote: »
    Thought Gibbs had a great game at the weekend, had a lot going forward.

He played well and displayed a bit more bottle than usual in fairness to him.
    You have to take the opposition into the equation though and we will have much sterner tests in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

He played well and displayed a bit more bottle than usual in fairness to him.
    You have to take the opposition into the equation though and we will have much sterner tests in the near future.

You really dislike him don't you? I wouldn't say i'm his biggest fan but Monreal has been fairly hit and miss lately so maybe a few games for Gibbs will have Monreal pulling up his socks a bit or perhaps Gibbs has finally matured into the new Ashley Cole :pac:

You really dislike him don't you? I wouldn't say i'm his biggest fan but Monreal has been fairly hit and miss lately so maybe a few games for Gibbs will have Monreal pulling up his socks a bit or perhaps Gibbs has finally matured into the new Ashley Cole :pac:

I disliked the lack of guts he displayed on many occasions i.e. when he would run alongside an attacker and fail to attempt a tackle or block and the time he ducked away from the corner. I don't believe a player displaying those traits will suddenly become brave.

• Advertisement

Two good games in a row for him, likely to get the nod tonight too. No harm for a bit of competition for Monreal

Two good games in a row for him, likely to get the nod tonight too. No harm for a bit of competition for Monreal

He's better going forward than Monrael imo and might be better as a left-sided midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The United game is massive as we haven't won there in years and now that Mourinho is in charge there's a bit more bite to it.

It would be nice to finally get that Mourinho Monkey off our backs and remove another easy story for the press to rehash! The bonus would be accelerating the "Modest Ones" demise at Old Trafford as well :)

gandalf wrote: »
    It would be nice to finally get that Mourinho Monkey off our backs and remove another easy story for the press to rehash! The bonus would be accelerating the "Modest Ones" demise at Old Trafford as well :)
    Would love it. (said in a Kevin Keegan voice).
    Would create some gap too.

He will get the nod as Monrael didn't travel.

He's better going forward than Monrael imo and might be better as a left-sided midfielder.

That's exactly the role he's been playing for the last year or so. Coming on in front of Monreal to help see out a game. It has been good to see that he has played well when slotting back into the traditional LB role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Monreal has been poor lately. It's good to see Gibbs getting some game time. Hopefully that'll be the kick up the arse Monreal needs. Traore had him on toast in the Boro match! He was also declining rapidly long before that. I'm not saying I rate Gibbs all that highly but I'd be picking him ahead of Monreal going by current form. In Monreal's defence Iwobi has been awful at tracking back to so that is something he needs to work on, as good as he is going forward.

Are we on TV tonight lads

Are we on TV tonight lads

BT

That's exactly the role he's been playing for the last year or so. Coming on in front of Monreal to help see out a game. It has been good to see that he has played well when slotting back into the traditional LB role.
    That's why I think he's more suited to the L/mid role.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Arsenal XI vs. Ludogorets: Ospina; Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs; Coquelin, Xhaka; Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez; Giroud.

Wouldn't have minded Ozil & Alexis getting a rest. Great to have Ramsey back.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Arsenal XI vs. Ludogorets: Ospina; Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs; Coquelin, Xhaka; Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez; Giroud.

Awesome team. Looking forward to this more than I thought I would after seeing that lineup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The best midfielder in the league is back! Aaron Ramsey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tonight's team! COYG

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Will be interesting to see how they lineup, I'll assume Ramsey will be playing out right with a licence to roam. Not a lot of pace in that lineup though, apart from the wing backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

BT

We will ALWAYS be on BT

DenMan wrote: »
    Tonight's team! COYG

Arsenal XI: Ospina, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud.

I like that selection

Is Gab injured?

mansize wrote: »
    Is Gab injured?

Not according to physioroom.

More concerning is that Nacho now has a 'thigh injury' instead of fatigue, and is listed as a doubt for the weekend. Santi is down as a major doubt for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Not ideal.

lol

we'll smash these now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That was a never a free kick, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

That was a never a free kick, ffs.

Agreed, but that is November for you.

If we don't mess it up ourselves, luck deserts us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Not according to physioroom.

More concerning is that Nacho now has a 'thigh injury' instead of fatigue, and is listed as a doubt for the weekend. Santi is down as a major doubt for the weekend.

It's begins.

What the hell lads?

• Advertisement

Ffs sitting in college and that's all I need to see!

Gibbs completely done there. This is gonna be fun watching a comeback....or painful.

jesus christ

Gibbs :pac:

November has arrived with a bang:)

• Advertisement

Wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fairly pathetic by Gibbs for that goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oh yeah. This is how we only get 2nd place every year and end up getting bayern/barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Haha

Welcome to November!!

Nice goal Xhaka

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Boom

Good man Xhaka :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

that looked a goal kick before Ozil crossed it, makes up for the free-kick that never was, but the officials are having a nightmare.

Haha

Welcome to November!!

WeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeee

This is gonna be one of those silly games

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement