Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

**** just seen psg scored in the 90th . going to be a tasty game with them alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

PSG goal s sickner.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    **** just seen psg scored in the 90th . going to be a tasty game with them alright

There's bound to be plenty of goals on both ends when we play them, hopefully more at their end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

There's bound to be plenty of goals on both ends when we play them, hopefully more at their end :)

will prob be a 0-0 game now for saying that :pac::D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

''We've got Ozil Mezut Ozil. I just don't think you understand He's Arsene Wenger's man He's better than Zidane. Ozil Mezut Ozil!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Yes

Is that a definite yes the date won't change ? If so I'll hold you responsible :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

That goal doesnt happen without Girouds work rate to track back. Fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ozil, what a class act, great goal. Delighted with that win now and guarantees qualification. This game week last season saw us with 1 win and 3 defeats from the four games, so it's nice to wrap up qualification with two games to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Multiple orgasms watching that Ozil goal. Great result. Impressed with Ludogrets there no mugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Your lookin well November

• Advertisement

**** November, 2016 has been pretty good to the gunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Elneny pass for ozil lads? He was only moments on the pitch. Fantastic Bergkampesque finish from ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Multiple orgasms watching that Ozil goal. Great result. Impressed with Ludogrets there no mugs.

We would have folded like a house of cards last season in this kind of game having gone behind. Something different about us this year and even my non-arsenal mates are commenting on it. I'm becoming increasingly optimistic that our November Jinx won't happen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very worried about our defenders under the high ball.
    Better teams will make hay against them if they don't work on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Soups123 wrote: »
    Is that a definite yes the date won't change ? If so I'll hold you responsible :)

Yes. Though KO might move to 2.15, so watch the return flight

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10616241/premier-league-live-on-sky-sports-28-matches-added-for-christmas-and-new-year

Normally hate games after CL midweek games especially against top half teams but Spurs have one less day than us and we got to rest some players tonight

Looking forward to it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Very worried about our defenders under the high ball.
    Better teams will make hay against them if they don't work on it.

Agreed. That's why I was asking last week about the height of mustafi and our general lack of height this year.

It's a big weakness which I think we have got away with so far.

batistuta9 wrote: »

Savage thanks flight is after 8pm so should be good! Thanks much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We seem to be adding a good bit to this every week :D Stats for the season below. Totals on the right!

Goals
    Sanchez (6) 8
    Walcott (5) 8
    Ozil (3) 7
    Oxlade Chamberlain (1) 5
    Giroud (2) 3
    Xhaka (1) 3
    Cazorla (2) 2
    Koscielny (2) 2
    Perez (0) 2
    Chambers (1) 1

Assists
    Sanchez (3) 5
    Iwobi (3) 3
    Cazorla (2) 3
    Oxlade Chamberlain (1) 3
    Ozil (1) 3
    Perez (0) 3
    Walcott (2) 2
    Ramsey (1) 2
    Elneny (1) 2
    Bellerin (1) 1
    Gibbs (1) 1
    Akpom (0) 1
    Giroud (0) 1

Ya Gunners Ya!

Elneny pass for ozil lads? He was only moments on the pitch. Fantastic Bergkampesque finish from ozil

Superb 50 yard pass to put Ozil through. Only noticed how good of a pass it was after watching the goal for the 500th time :)

I'd settle for 0-0 at the Emirates against PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

mansize wrote: »

We'd have to beat Basel away in the last game, because most likely PSG will beat Ludogrets at home. Could be very nervy affair that.

I'd prefer if we manage to nick a win against PSG and we can take it easy for the last game. Maybe even rest a few players.

Jaysus they are fierce moany gits on TV3, Kerr excepted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I hope not as I'm heading over, want 4 goals minimum:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basing their opinions on previous years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Souness doesn't like us for some reason ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

To be fair I don't think anyone will be convinced arsenal are the "real deal" after a good start to the season. It was a question basically setting up Souness to have a moan, he was always going to oblige. Andrews was happy to join in.

I like Kerr, he definitely came across as far more knowledgeable about the strengths in the current squad than the other two there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ludicrous display from Özil

Im beginning to think its just an Irsh thing. Negatives bastarrds on RTE as well. Never anything good to say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ok, I have to admit, I find Alfreds scorer update posts great, but any chance we could lash them into a table instead? I've even gone and done the first one, with sortable columns and everything. Just click the header and it'll sort by it.

Player|Goals|Total Goals|Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|6|8|3|5
    Walcott|5|8|2|2
    Ozil|3|7|1|3
    Oxlade Chamberlain|1|5|1|3
    Giroud|2|3|0|1
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Perez|0|2|0|3
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Iwobi|0|0|3|3
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|1
    Akpom|0|0|0|1

Adding bold to the names makes it screw up the order at first, so that people who have been bolded appear at the top, but if you click "player", then it'll sort by them correctly.

The code to create the table above is here:

[PHP]Player|Goals|Total Goals|Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|6|8|3|5
    Walcott|5|8|2|2
    Ozil|3|7|1|3
    Oxlade Chamberlain|1|5|1|3
    Giroud|2|3|0|1
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Perez|0|2|0|3
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Iwobi|0|0|3|3
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|1
    Akpom|0|0|0|1[/PHP]

Anyone who sees my posts on the Xbox Forum is probably dying laughing that my OCD has finally spilled out onto the rest of boards :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just saw the Ozil goal.......

v8RKw7S.png

Lads another question!

So I'm bringing the 2 kids over we usually fly Heathrow but this time around flights are very expensive! We're would you recommend as an alternative thinking of convienience and cost from the airport to stadium by train?

Lads another question!

So I'm bringing the 2 kids over we usually fly Heathrow but this time around flights are very expensive! We're would you recommend as an alternative thinking of convienience and cost from the airport to stadium by train?

Stansted and train to Tottenham Hale. Get underground to Holloway Road

Lads another question!

Gatwick i find the best. They do a rail day pass too. Think it was 10 pound. Train from the airport into Kings Cross London and free travel on the underground too. Excellent value.

Stansted and train to Tottenham Hale. Get underground to Holloway Road

Cheers how expensive is the train? Could of swore I paid a lot on that route before about £40 return per person. I'm going over and back same day

Gatwick i find the best. They do a rail day pass too. Think it was 10 pound. Train from the airport into Kings Cross London and free travel on the underground too. Excellent value.

Savage thanks that seems spot on plus gatwick is cheap enough flight wise

Savage thanks that seems spot on plus gatwick is cheap enough flight wise

Yeah me and the missis flew into there. We were expecting to pay 40 pound just on the train from Gatwick to London Kings Cross and then having to get the oyster cards as well but the women kindly told us of the day pass ticket.

• Advertisement

Cheers how expensive is the train? Could of swore I paid a lot on that route before about £40 return per person. I'm going over and back same day

£30 return to Tottenham Hale £15 for kids

That's an open return

Yeah me and the missis flew into there. We were expecting to pay 40 pound just on the train from Gatwick to London Kings Cross and then having to get the oyster cards as well but the women kindly told us of the day pass ticket.

That's great thanks Gringo I'm going to go with Gatwick

£30 return to Tottenham Hale £15 for kids

That's an open return

Thanks Mansize

No problem. Google all day travel card. Should be no more than 12 pounds. Ideal for your day trip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, it's a really easy trip. Platform 3 train to Bedford, get off at St Pancras, cross over to Kings Cross, get the Piccadilly Line to Arsenal. If you need to get lunch/dinner, I think you'd be better off eating around Kings Cross than around the stadium, less people/better restaurants.

If you're going for fast food, then Five Guys is at the front of Kings Cross, and is very, very good

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a really easy trip. Platform 3 train to Bedford, get off at St Pancras, cross over to Kings Cross, get the Piccadilly Line to Arsenal. If you need to get lunch/dinner, I think you'd be better off eating around Kings Cross than around the stadium, less people/better restaurants.

If you're going for fast food, then Five Guys is at the front of Kings Cross, and is very, very good

This is why there should be a separate Arsenal forum because threads dedicated to this valuable information is well needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This is why there should be a separate Arsenal forum because threads dedicated to this valuable information is well needed.

A link to that post in the OP to this thread would be handier.

Heres me dumping STN like stone!!!

• Advertisement

Unreal timing.

One thing I've really noticed over the last times that Elneny has played is his awareness. He got that ball, and rather than play a safe option, he was aware of what Ozil was doing. Even in the last game, he was aware that the player pressuring him was on his own, and rather than play a pass back, he just played around the player.

I really like the depth our squad has now. Some of them aren't the finished article, but they're closer than they have been in years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement