Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

The thing is Wenger has met the expectations of the board...maybe not all the fans but definitely the board.
    Kronke and co need booting out of our club,a board with real ambition would have sacked Arsene a few years ago(rightly or wrongly).Too happy picking up the profit of CL football,Gazidis saying "we can compete with the biggest clubs on transfers"(when the windows closed) and "we have to be prudent and self sustaining"(when the windows open).Joke of a CEO who got something like a £2M performance bonus this year what a joke...reward mediocrity,typical Arsenal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

greendom wrote: »
    Pep is on 15 million a year and Mourinho 13.8 million. Ancellotti is on slightly more than Arsene and Zidane slightly less.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/highest-paid-football-managers/

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's going to be any of those managers. It's going to be a manager who's classed as "up and coming", "ready to take on a big job".

It's not going to be one of the superstar managers, it's going to be someone with a price significantly less than any of them.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, that's why I don't think it's going to be any of those managers. It's going to be a manager who's classed as "up and coming", "ready to take on a big job".

It's not going to be one of the superstar managers, it's going to be someone with a price significantly less than any of them.
    Jack sent on a scouting mission to Bournemouth?
    Eddie Howe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

mansize wrote: »
    Quazzie wrote: »
    It's one of the best paid managers jobs in the world, in probably one of the THE most stable clubs in the world. Of course they would've came

I wouldn't be so sure. Man City offer much more Largess as did Liverpool
    umm wenger is the most highest paid manager in europe

no hes not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I opened the thread and thought I was on a page from months ago.
    We are all fighting again :rolleyes: - the things these interluls do to us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Johnny I'm hurt. Don't you read my posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I opened the thread and thought I was on a page from months ago.
    We are all fighting again :rolleyes: - the things these interluls do to us :pac:

Nobody fighting here. Just giving different opinions. :D

People have as much right to be wrong as the rest of us have to be right.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Nobody fighting here. Just giving different opinions. :D

People have as much right to be wrong as the rest of us have to be right.:)

And I respect your right to be wrong

Tayto are heartburn in a bag

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/highest-paid-football-managers/

Managers salaries- I think Klopp got a raise since

Alexis has left training with the Chile National team due to a suspected torn calf muscle.

FECK, FECK, FECK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Alexis has left training with the Chile National team due to a suspected torn calf muscle.

FECK, FECK, FECK

When is Caz back?

FECK, FECK, FECK

Maybe not quite so serious. In Chile they are talking about him not travelling to Colombia to ensure he is fully fit for the Uruguay game. Fingers crossed !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

keano_afc wrote: »
    I believe Klopp will be Wengers successor. In a couple of seasons he's going to want to move to a big club. It will be perfect timing.

Arsenal are no where near the level of Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Bigbok wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Getting a manager isnt always about money, look at the teams further down the list, Juve, PSG, Athletico could probably get most managers in the world. No surprise to see the 2 Manchesters at the top of the pile, just throw enough money at it and hope for the best

Bigbok wrote: »

Based on what now???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Based on what now???

Won league titles too recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The club I support is a big club and the club I dont support is not a big club. My club is also really good and your club is not. Plus, in a combined 11, my club would have 11 spots. My club has class, and special fans that are in no way like the fans of every other club.

Kirby wrote: »
    The club I support is a big club and the club I dont support is not a big club. My club is also really good and your club is not. Plus, in a combined 11, my club would have 11 spots. My club has class, and special fans that are in no way like the fans of every other club.

Accrington Stanley thread
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

• Advertisement

Accrington Stanley thread
    >

Who are they?

Who are they?

A club quite close to Liverpool. They compare themselves to Liverpool.
    Kirby is a Pool supporter I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah, you may have missed the joke tayto!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah, you may have missed the joke tayto!

I don't think they had TVs in Louth back in the day.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I don't think they had TVs in Louth back in the day.

Just red diesel

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

On a negative note; there are reports on twitter that Arsenal have been informed that the Sanchez injury could keep him out for 6 weeks. Big trouble if so.

Time for perez giroud to step up and prove his worth.....walcott,iwobi somebody please someone show some guts and take Alexis place...them straws im clutching :pac:

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    On a negative note; there are reports on twitter that Arsenal have been informed that the Sanchez injury could keep him out for 6 weeks. Big trouble if so.
    Also reports that Chile are resting him for their 2nd game if the interlull.

Off to physio room for updates!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Wondering how early I need to log in to Arsenal.com box office tomorrow to get tickets for the Stoke match. They go on sale to red members tomorrow. Any help tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Pocaide wrote: »
    Wondering how early I need to log in to Arsenal.com box office tomorrow to get tickets for the Stoke match. They go on sale to red members tomorrow. Any help tips would be greatly appreciated.

Log on at nine am. The cheaper seats up the back will be easiest to get (2 beside eachother).

In fairness it's been a few years since I was a red member and got my tickets through the box office - it may have changed.

No return date yet in physio room for Alexis, but have read that Chile are resting him for their 2nd game and say he'll be fit for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Is there a return date for alexis yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

wawaman wrote: »

I heard somewhere that he'll be back for the second Chile game

• Advertisement

Hahaha! No idea what happened there. Posting on my phone in poor coverage!!!

newbie2 wrote: »
    Log on at nine am. The cheaper seats up the back will be easiest to get (2 beside eachother).

In fairness it's been a few years since I was a red member and got my tickets through the box office - it may have changed.

Thanks, think I will try to get on a bit earlier if it's possible

wawaman wrote: »

When I read your and Irelandrovers post, I was like WTF, are these lads taking the p1ss or what...

I spat water all over my phone and hands when I saw what happened... Thanks to whatever MOD it was that removed the multiple posts!!! Best laugh I've had on this thread in an age!

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Time for perez giroud to step up and prove his worth.....walcott,iwobi somebody please someone show some guts and take Alexis place...them straws im clutching :pac:

Giroud has very much proved his worth (£9.6m)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

newbie2 wrote: »

This, but keep in mind that sometimes the queue gets reset when the tickets actually go on sale (at 10am usually)... i've missed out on a few matches this way where I got bumped to the back of the queue for no obvious reason when I've logged on early. So keep an eye on the page to keep your session open.

Sometimes I find it helpful to have multiple browsers open too (e.g. a session in chrome, the other in firefox) in case one session gets booted, though I've never really had problems getting tickets for all bar the latter stages of the CL if logged on in good time.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, and you probably think I am mad I have even got a second laptop on loan just in case anything goes wrong. Have the flights booked a few weeks ago. So it's all in tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm not sure about getting two together, as I'd usually only buy single seats, but there will be plenty of tickets available on the ticket exchange for Stoke at home even after it sells out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Thanks for the reply, and you probably think I am mad I have even got a second laptop on loan just in case anything goes wrong. Have the flights booked a few weeks ago. So it's all in tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

If you don't get lucky tomorrow but I'm sure you will, keep checking the ticket office as tickets always come up with people giving them back, I've gotten tickets that way many times when I only had red memberships

Bellerin unable to train woith Spain U.21's because of injury. SSN. Ah FFS hope he's not out against United.

That's good to hear will try to get two together as the other is for my son(12).It will be his first time to the Emirates.

Giroud has very much proved his worth (£9.6m)

Didnt mean in that sense,moreso worthy of getting his starting place back.

Hi and thanks to all who gave advise on tickets get two as ye predicted without to much fuss, while not beside each other he is directly in front of me. Can't wait now.

Hi and thanks to all who gave advise on tickets get two as ye predicted without to much fuss, while not beside each other he is directly in front of me. Can't wait now.

Good stuff

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Bellerin out for November :(:(:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement