Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

emmetlego wrote: »
    If Alexis is not fit, we could start Theo up front. He's be more similar to the style we played with Alexis up top, rather than revert to plan B with Oli starting... Although, I'd have no great objection to Oli starting if Alexis is crocked.

PS, when is Lucas Perez back?

Not sure when but he's ahead of schedule apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

swiwi_ wrote:
    This is Grace Andrews and her parents Steve & Holly. They live in the plush Auckland suburb of Remuera. Grace is almost 3 years old. She was just an itch in Steve's pants the last time NZ defeated Ireland in rugby. She wants for nothing, with piano, Mandarin, and horse-riding lessons each week. However, to make her perfect little life complete, Steve & Holly hope for a NZ victory in Dublin. "This is something money can't buy", says Holly.

Monreal's Spain got a 2-2 draw at Wembley tonight. They woke up with 10 mins to go and 2-0 down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know how Sanchez got on with Chile or is it on much later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Anyone know how Sanchez got on with Chile or is it on much later?

Kicks off in an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

sanchez starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

mansize wrote: »
    Chile play Uruguay 23.30 Tuesday GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

batistuta9 wrote: »
    sanchez starting

FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuu********KKKKKKKKKK!

Watching it.

Ospina conceded to Messi in other game

Cavani gives Uruguay the lead with sweet assist from Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Really hope Carrick isnt playing this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Alexis scores for Chile, some man.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Alexis scores for Chile, some man.

Scores twice and played for 84 minutes. Hope he's raring to go for Saturday morning!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Joel Campbell scored twice as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The guy is a machine. Would be some bonus if he's able to play against Man Utd now on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

ronjo wrote: »
    Cant access those at work. what does it say?

It's just his goals from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So start him in Saturday and risk breaking him or leave him on the bench and bring him on when we go behind after dominating the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

keano_afc wrote: »
    So start him in Saturday and risk breaking him or leave him on the bench and bring him on when we go behind after dominating the game?

he had a big ice pack on his hamstring when he was substituted. I think we should leave him out on saturday and take our chances. Rather he missed saturday than 2 months down the line

• Advertisement

How can you not love Alexis?

Sanchez: "I travel today [Wednesday] to London. I will train on Friday and play on Saturday at Manchester - no problem with me." https://t.co/cN4SvSSu73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    How can you not love Alexis?

Sanchez: "I travel today [Wednesday] to London. I will train on Friday and play on Saturday at Manchester - no problem with me." https://t.co/cN4SvSSu73

Man is on a mission to win the league

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Man is on a mission to win the league

Hopefully...

Or maybe a man who is on his way out, and trying to attract the the biggest teams. Apparently he is looking for silly money to stay and sign a new contract, it's probably his last big move/deal so I don't blame him, but I do hope that you are fully correct FixItFelix!

I often wonder about those South American lads... Crazy mofos

Hopefully...

Or maybe a man who is on his way out, and trying to attract the the biggest teams. Apparently he is looking for silly money to stay and sign a new contract, it's probably his last big move/deal so I don't blame him, but I do hope that you are fully correct FixItFelix!

Pretty negative. Anyway even if that is his motive you still have to admire the attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A lot of the romance about football is dead but when you see his attitude towards risking himself by playing for Chile, it brings some of it back.

• Advertisement

Pretty negative. Anyway even if that is his motive you still have to admire the attitude.

Neither negative or positive, just reporting what I read from informed sources.

I admire the attitude, but keeping in mind my post, you have to wonder is he doing this 'potentially dangerous' move to raise his share value? He did have ice packs on his hamstring after he was substituted. Let's see what the Arsenal medical team say on Saturday.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Neither negative or positive, just reporting what I read from informed sources.

I admire the attitude, but keeping in mind my post, you have to wonder is he doing this 'potentially dangerous' move to raise his share value? He did have ice packs on his hamstring after he was substituted. Let's see what the Arsenal medical team say on Saturday.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

No I definitely don't think you're paranoid. It's a massive decision for both Ozil and Sanchez whether to extend or not. As it's probably their last big contracts. The club should break the bank for both players. They are our best players by far, followed by Koscielny. If they don't sign between now and the summer, then I can see them being sold, which is obviously a disaster. Fingers crossed.

He does appear to be a little short-sighted perhaps with the must play at all costs attitude. It is endearing too though. He's like a little kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I love his attitude, but like others here have a horrible feeling he'll be moving on soon... I really hope the club can reach an agreement with him to sign an extension, but if he does leave I'll just hope its not to a PL rival... that would taint my memories of him in an Arsenal shirt TBH.

Lets make the most of having him here though for as long as he is, he's a class act and we don't get too many of them that often.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sanchez has to play tomorrow. His unpredictability is vital and nearly makes it impossible for teams to plan against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Bellerin out for a month ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

yeah, still not conviced with Jenko playing right back but i would give him a chance on saturday

5star02707 wrote: »
    yeah, still not conviced with Jenko playing right back but i would give him a chance on saturday

Might be happier with Mustafi in that position. He's played there with Germany.

Bringing Gabriel in to play with Kos may be slightly risky but which is riskier ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Holding is another option you have at right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Might be happier with Mustafi in that position. He's played there with Germany.

Bringing Gabriel in to play with Kos may be slightly risky but which is riskier ?

By moving mustafi and bringing in gabriel you are making 2 changes to your defence. I think play Jenkinson and maybe put Ramsey in front of him to offer more protection than Walcott would provide

wawaman wrote: »
    By moving mustafi and bringing in gabriel you are making 2 changes to your defence. I think play Jenkinson and maybe put Ramsey in front of him to offer more protection than Walcott would provide

What about Debuchy? No mention of him at all lately. He was the original RB before Bellerin.

Think Arseblog said Debuchy has an ankle injury at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Sanchez has to play tomorrow. His unpredictability is vital and nearly makes it impossible for teams to plan against.

Certainly be unpredictable if he plays tomorrow.

Jenk? Really disappointed Bellerin is out

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Whilst I'm in the out camp, you still got to love and admire the man at times. Give me Arsene over that muppet in Manchester anyday.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/arsenal-boss-wenger-hits-out-at-mourinhos-verbal-attacks-35225499.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Think Arseblog said Debuchy has an ankle injury at the moment.

Just saw on Twitter that he actually played for U 23's and scored.

here's the full details

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1617/post/under-21/u-23s-tottenham-0-2-arsenal-report

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Predictions for tomorrow folks?
    I think that its going to be a draw.
    Us going ahead initially - but getting pegged back.
    Very similar to the Spurs game.

Apparently Theo's wife could go into labour at any moment...hopefully she can hold out for one more day :P

Apparently Theo's wife could go into labour at any moment...hopefully she can hold out for one more day :P

Best of luck to you both!

Name baby after whoever scores Arsenal winner

Ramsey to Real???

Yeah, sure

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Predictions for tomorrow folks?

Reasons we're going to lose:
    1) it's after the interlull
    2) it's united in Old Trafford
    3) it's Jose
    4) we're missing Bellerin

Reasons we're going to win
    1) we're a better team
    2) we're due a win over that horrible bile inducing cretin
    3) I'm a dreamer

Honestly have no idea, but if you offered me a draw now, I'd take it...

Draw 0-0

mansize wrote: »
    Best of luck to you both!

Name baby after whoever scores Arsenal winner

Hello mister, you need to read his post again I think!

• Advertisement

Hello mister, you need to read his post again I think!

I was wondering :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement