Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

We're ok lads, here comes ox, the saviour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

We haven't created a single chance. Disgraceful performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

emmetlego wrote: »
    While I agree Santi is a key player, we have been set up terribly, Ramsey has been shocking and we look bereft of ideas up front. Who was picking up Mata? Looked like Elneny fell asleep! Abject performance.

I know Elneny is a fan favourite but I still haven't seen enough from him at all to suggest he's good enough to play in big matches ahead of the likes of Xhaka. Elneny-Coq does not provide a decent flow from defence to attack and our midfield becomes non-existent in possession - which is probably one of the reasons Sanchez and Özil were so deep for much of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Even Rooney is bossing us ffs

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

No Cazorla doesn't explain the sloppiness and lack of desire though. Same old story.

We all get that but without a ball-playing CM who can actually play passes between the lines, it doesn't work. Elneny, as much as I like him, can't do it and never will be able to.

These lobbed balls into the box are pathetic. It's a shame we don't have anyone that can at least deliver a decent cross.

Oh god. Forget that. Ox cross, Giroud goal. LOL.

Mugged them!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

FUCKING SEXY BASTARD.

• Advertisement

Told you Ox was the saviour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Sweetest Giroud

Go for it now I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brutal showing from Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Terrible terrible performance. No win against Spurs, no win against United, wonder will we manage one against PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was only following the game on here and on the BBC as was at the young lads game. Looks like we stole a point. Why were we so off colour against United, passenger players or just bad tactics from Wenger?

• Advertisement

No Cazorla doesn't explain the sloppiness and lack of desire though. Same old story.

I'd be forgiving to Ramsey because he's a trier. Prob not match fit. Ozil and Walcott were both dirt though.

gandalf wrote: »
    Was only following the game on here and on the BBC as was at the young lads game. Looks like we stole a point. Why were we so off colour against United, passenger players or just bad tactics from Wenger?

We actually had alot of the ball and got stuck in but were too deep. We were so devoid in attack it was embarrassing. Created no chances. Abysmal

We will have 5/6 very poor performances like that every season.
    That is why we will not win the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Considering how we played the last two games two points isn't a bad return.

Need to step it up soon though, I'd like to see Giroud start up top for a few games with Sanchez out on the left, Ramsey being the man to drop out.

He's a flaky fück. Few good cameos but alot of dirt thrown in for good measure this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

A point at OT given our record there, and performance today, is not bad. There'll be other reasons why we probably won't win the league, but I don't think this is it.

Every team does. We (well I) just don't watch every single match that every team plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great point for Arsenal today from a shocking performance! Not good enough by a long stretch but a point from a game like that is good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

That performance was terrible, never looked up for it throughout the whole match again. Basically a typical Arsenal performance at OldTrafford. That performance reminded me a lot of the game at Old Trafford last season. I'm disgusted at that performance, wrong team was picked as well IMO. Valencia was their best player as well, our left side of the team is continually getting exposed game after game, Monreal is really underperforming this season, but it doesn't help that he isn't getting the cover most games either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We defended well as a team but its hard to remember a performance more devoid of substance going forward.

Honourable exception being that divine cross and thunderous header!

Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Another shocking performance in a big game, thanks to one brilliant moment we were lucky to get a point in that game agaisn't a poor Utd team. We made them look good.

Ramsey shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11. Playing him out the left is silly. Ozil went missing again. Elneny was the wrong choice in centre midfield. Alexis didn't look fit for me. I thought Kos and Mustafi were very good as was Cech. Ox and Giroud bought a bit of life to the game. The lack of fight in our team was shocking, playing Ramsey out left is suicidal. I'm worried about us going forward unless we get Carzola back I don't think we challenge for the title, he's sorely missed.

Anyway it's a point and we didn't lose so that's a positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

No desire, no passion, very worrying. Relieved with a point after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think people mix up desire and effort for skill.

We're always going to look more ordinary with Rambo, Elneny and Coq as three of our front six.

Stick in Caz and Iwobi and the desire stays the same but they pace we play at changes hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

So two away games against two rivals in Spurs and Utd. We didn't play well but still didn't lose. So far November has not been the car crash I feared it would be.

Would like to see giroud and xhaka start next week.

When the fook is cazorla back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

1 shot on target??? Lolz

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    1 shot on target??? Lolz

Very efficient performance!😉

An incredibly poor performance up against Mourinho and Man U at Old Trafford.

Its great that we contrived to get a point with all that going on!

gosplan wrote: »
    I think people mix up desire and effort for skill.

We're always going to look more ordinary with Rambo, Elneny and Coq as three of our front six.

Stick in Caz and Iwobi and the desire stays the same but they pace we play at changes hugely.

Iwobi has been cack this season. Another wideboy. Got his raise and his new squad number and couldnt give a shít since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Palace equalise!

Edit: Bugger

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Palace equalise!

Edit: Bugger

You had to say it didnt you, you just had to say it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant recall such a bad performance from us under Wenger. Luckily we were playing a very average Utd team. Disgraceful stuff from us. No bite whatsoever in that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Leicester lose again. Could be batting relegation at this rate!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Cant recall such a bad performance from us under Wenger. Luckily we were playing a very average Utd team. Disgraceful stuff from us. No bite whatsoever in that team.

The attack was utterly woeful. I thought we fought hard from our defence up to the centre of the field and won alot of tackles but we were septic beyond that. We had a lot of possession but were utterly devoid of ideas. There has been too many of these septic performances under Wenger with over a decade now.

Gringo180 wrote: »

We got a point but i've often felt better after a fighting loss. It's as if the team goes out expecting not to win and just goes through the motions against Mourinho's teams. One shot on target in 90 minutes against what in reality is a very poor team.
    Our mindset is all wrong. Our performance so predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

We got a point but i've often felt better after a fighting loss. It's as if the team goes out expecting not to win and just goes through the motions against Mourinho's teams. One shot on target in 90 minutes against what in reality is a very poor team.
    Our mindset is all wrong. Our performance so predictable.

Yeah fully agree, feel really down after that match despite not losing and getting a last gasp draw. Looking at the table, we are only 2 points from the top so it's not all bad. It's just that that performance has mirrored the last few matches at Old Trafford and also mirrored games against Mourinhos Chelsea. That's why I'm not feeling great, just feels like the same old Arsenal and I'm not sure that we will have the mentality and guts to go the whole way.

Yeah fully agree, feel really down after that match despite not losing and getting a last gasp draw. Looking at the table, we are only 2 points from the top so it's not all bad. It's just that that performance has mirrored the last few matches at Old Trafford and also mirrored games against Mourinhos Chelsea. That's why I'm not feeling great, just feels like the same old Arsenal and I'm not sure that we will have the mentality and guts to go the whole way.

If we dont win the league which i dont think we will then i would hope Wenger would do the decent thing and step aside. Offer Simeone double his current money to come in and shake some of those players out of their comfort zone. There is too many bad apples at the club who neither want to bust a gut in games and/or dont believe their own ability to exert themselves. Its not good enough to see our highest paid players hide in games like today. We cant rant and rave all we want about Ozil's creativity but he didnt even show for a ball today and was lacklustre the odd time he did get on the ball.

Must say though Coquelin has gone to a whole new level since Xhaka came in. Intense competition is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Nobody say anything.........please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You already have -_-

You already have -_-

That doesnt count :D

He's a flaky f ck. Few good cameos but alot of dirt thrown in for good measure this season
    Do you really think I meant that?? That was easily the most sarcastic set of comments I've ever made here!!!

Anyway, very happy to get a point there against him. Especially with the worst offensive display in my memory of the current era. It was painful. The only positive thing about it all is that last few years we had no plan B. We now have one, and it's very effective.

• Advertisement

Too many fighting losses at OT over the years.

Delighted to give Mourinho a taste of his own medicine for once.

Early Sat game away in OT against Jose.

Wenger went pragmatic. Shore it up, don't play much football but don't give much away. Bring on OG to score.

That was sensible.

Didn't quite work but was nearly amazing.

It kind of mirrored them but we didn't lose.

That's quite a big deal tbh.

But, the original blueprint was different. We attack, look decent and then concede to the first shot on about the 35th minute.

This time we changed and let them attack.

I find it slightly cruel that for years we called Wenger naive and now he's playing two strong holding midfielders and Rambo on the wing, we're giving out about shots on target.

jamescd wrote: »
    Nobody say anything.........please

Jesus Christ it almost worked. West Ham 2 - 1 up with 2 mins normal time left.

Then the madness began :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

It's time Wenger either find Ramsey a spot in CM or sell him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement