Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

[QUOTE=DarraghF197;101758527]I'd rather Bayern than Athletico tbh. Neither club have been fantastic this season though.

Don't understand why the players weren't really going for it at the end. Very unlikely PSG aren't getting anything other than a win against Ludogourets.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter who we get, we'll not beat them anyway.
    There's something very wrong at this club.

Our goals per shot on target lately must be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Some points:
    Giroud, Ramsey, Kos, and Sanchez only ones who showed any desire tonght.

Ozil doing the square root of **** all these days.

Jenko and Iwobi aren't up to the standard.

One of Xhaka or Cazorla always has to play purely for their ball distribution abilities.

Mustafi's positioning is fairly crap, leaving Kos to do emergency defending a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Doesn't matter who we get, we'll not beat them anyway.
    There's something very wrong at this club.

I wouldn't go that far - yes a poor run of form but still unbeaten since the opening day of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Another bad performance or is it we're not as good as we think we are. Two poor goals to give away. Yeah we gave it a go in first 15 or so minutes of the 2nd half but after that PSG once again took control, if Cavani wasn't so wasteful we could have been beaten 5-2. The last few games have shown we ain't quite got rid of the problems that have blotted us for years, that's why I can't see us winning any top honours this season.

Ramsey was poor, as was Gibbs for me. Coq was overrun. Iwobi was out of his depth sadly. Mustafi doesn't feel safe for me, agaisn't better teams he looks quite dodgy. Ozil was in and out once again, aside from Chelsea game he's not done much this season. Giroud slows down our play and his lack of moment worries me. I thought Kos and Alexis played well. Xhaka was wasteful when he came on.

The lack of our attacking is quite worrying over the last few games, if Ozil isn't on it we do look quite bare up forward especially in big games. A injury to Alexis and I think we be really screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pressure game and we flounder again. Is anyone surprised?

greendom wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far - yes a poor run of form but still unbeaten since the opening day of the season.
    I'm not even considering results.
    Their body-language is not good.
    It matches the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Tbh Cavani should probably have had about 6 goals at least over the two games, never seen any one player so wasteful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Positives:

1) We're playing crap. Yet we've somehow managed to draw the last 3 games.

2) Ospina. What a 'keeper!

3) Ermm. The weather has been ok...

Negatives:

1) Our stand in full backs are weak as a new born foal

2) Another 2nd place group finish. Next up Barca?

3) Giroud starts, no plan B.

4) SANCHEZ NEEDS A REST MR WENGER. SORT IT NOW!!!!! He looks exhausted! Sorry for screaming!

5) Ah f**k it. We're still on groundhog day. Our stadium is like a library at times... Maybe because all at the game are messaging forums!!! :-)

I'd rather Bayern than Athletico tbh. Neither club have been fantastic this season though.

Don't understand why the players weren't really going for it at the end. Very unlikely PSG aren't getting anything other than a win against Ludogourets.

They couldn't get the ball back, PSG just passed it around us and if Cavani was more lethal they could have won this game quite comfortably.

It's been there for a few games now, only in the last three games that it's been more blatant. It's not just the end of games also the start. happened in the NLD, happened at Old Trafford and tonight. We don't seem to want to win the big honours or they are afraid of it.

The Worrying thing is PSG were missing a few first teamers too tonight and they made us look poor.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »

We've been quite lucky in a lot of games. Burnely, Utd, Spurs, Swansea Southampton and the two PSG games to not have been beaten. The Unbeaten run is hiding a lot of faults that have blighted us for so many seasons. The only game we've been really impressive in was the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

emmetlego wrote: »
    Positives:

4) 18 games unbeaten now in all competitions.

Negatives:

4) SANCHEZ NEEDS A REST MR WENGER. SORT IT NOW!!!!! He looks exhausted! Sorry for screaming!

5) Ah f**k it. We're still on groundhog day. Our stadium is like a library at times... Maybe because all at the game are messaging forums!!! :-)

Added another positive in there for you.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Added another positive in there for you.

True, but playing crap for the last 4/5 of them at least! And extremely lucky too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Jesus. Mad for the giving out around here.

It's a slump.

It was preceded by a high.

We're not consistently better than all the other good teams.

gosplan wrote: »
    Jesus. Mad for the giving out around here.

It's a slump.

It was preceded by a high.

We're not consistently better than all the other good teams.

No. It's the same crap for the last 12 or so years. More so since the shackles came off. I'm afraid that our star players are too inconsistent and fade out of games too often. And I love OG AS MO etc etc, the only constant is LK at centre half. Pure class 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

True, but playing crap for the last 4/5 of them at least! And extremely lucky too.

Getting results when playing crap bodes an awful lot better than playing great and coming away with nothing.

It's a frustrating result, but I wouldn't read too much into Cavani's missed chances this evening, we were all out attack at that point. The goals we conceded though, both came from Jenkinson and Mustafi's zones. Something needs a lot of work there. The rational part of me thinks it's an improvement that we're unbeaten the CL this year, but **** me I'm not feeling that way right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No. It's the same crap for the last 12 or so years. More so since the shackles came off. I'm afraid that our star players are too inconsistent and fade out of games too often. And I love OG AS MO etc etc, the only constant is LK at centre half. Pure class 24/7

Sure look at Cavani???

The problem tonight IMO is that we attack with full backs ... a lot.

I don't buy this whole 'attitude', 'body language', 'I hate what we've become' nonsense.

A few years ago when we he was playing amazingly and we lost Ramsey the comment was made that it was like 'you took the battery out'. Now it's like you took the ability out.

The simple fact is Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud etc are not going to create a lot of chances. Neither are Gibbs and Jenks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Your performances over,the last couple of weeks have been somewhat not great,but having no Cazorla at the moment is starting too hurt Arsenal.

gosplan wrote: »
    Sure look at Cavani???

The problem tonight IMO is that we attack with full backs ... a lot.

I don't buy this whole 'attitude', 'body language', 'I hate what we've become' nonsense.

A few years ago when we he was playing amazingly and we lost Ramsey the comment was made that it was like 'you took the battery out'. Now it's like you took the ability out.

The simple fact is Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud etc are not going to create a lot of chances. Neither are Gibbs and Jenks.
    We've been playing crap for ages.
    The players don't seem to give a damn.
    Some of them hide during big games.
    They are getting away with it.
    About 5 shots at goal in the last 3 games tells the story.
    Now you can put whatever gloss you like on it ....... it's still crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Your performances over,the last couple of weeks have been somewhat not great,but having no Cazorla at the moment is starting too hurt Arsenal.

Nail. Head. Hammer.

Wondering now if we could pry Fabregas from Chelsea in Jan :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stats below!

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|6|8|3|5
    Walcott|5|8|2|2
    Ozil|3|7|1|3
    Giroud|3|5|0|1
    Oxlade Chamberlain|1|5|2|4
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Own Goal|1|2|0|0
    Perez|0|2|0|3
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Iwobi|0|0|3|3
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|1
    Akpom|0|0|0|1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Positives:

Negatives:

I was roaring my bollix of tbf

Where da fuq is Özil? Was greater with a big cheer

Anyway 2nd again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

At least December is next week.

If we did top the group you could put your house on it that we would have gotten Bayern or Madrid. Not the end of the world, if we can avoid Barca and Athletico we should be able to progress. But most likely we will get one of them.

We had the group winning in our hands and we royally fúcked it up tonight. Something has to be done at the club. Those at the football club who are happy to sit back, take a huge wage and accept this mediocrity are no longer fit for purpose and that includes our once great manager. Ollie Giroud has his critics but at least himself and Aaron Ramsey put their hand up and show. The rest go missing. Iwobi is utterly shíte. Another silly little boy who got caught up in his own hype

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just finished watching on sky record. Disappointing result.

Couple of weaknesses in the team and some poor performances.

I'm a Giroud fan but he really pissed me off tonight awful lazy performance and a **** attitude. Got a chance tonight and he let us down. He should have busted his balls tonight and didn't.

Soups123 wrote: »

I'm a Giroud fan but he really pissed me off tonight awful lazy performance and a **** attitude. Got a chance tonight and he let us down. He should have busted his balls tonight and didn't.

You think Giroud play badly?

Quazzie wrote: »
    You think Giroud play badly?

Absolutely thought he was awful very lazy movement and was moaning at players throughout. His head didn't look on it tonight

Looking at the groups 1st or 2nd isnt a huge changer we need the luck of the draw either way

Absolutely thought he was awful very lazy movement and was moaning at players throughout. His head didn't look on it tonight

Looking at the groups 1st or 2nd isnt a huge changer we need the luck of the draw either way

Giroud was one of the better players imho

Iwobi - urgh
    Jenk- go to Olympic Park
    Rambo- want to go to Bournemouth???
    Özil- better at going missing than Shergar

He was moaning at players throughout because he was one of a select few out there tonight who actually gave a flying fúck. There were plenty of others who didn't and allowed the result to happen without a care in the world.

• Advertisement

I'm a Giroud fan but he really pissed me off tonight awful lazy performance and a **** attitude. Got a chance tonight and he let us down. He should have busted his balls tonight and didn't

:confused:

The man was starved of possession. He's been on fire recently havent you noticed? i dread to think where we would have fallen to had he not got the goals.

He was moaning at players throughout because he was one of a select few out there tonight who actually gave a flying fúck. There were plenty of others who didn't and allowed the result to happen without a care in the world.

This +100. Nail on head

I disagree but each to there own. He has been great off the bench I haven't said otherwise but tonight I thought he was poor.

He wasn't moaning because he was busting it,at one point he stopped and moaned as we attacked and joined in later, he lacked effort in movement all night for me

I got 2 programs and if a Gooner here wants it pm me

mansize wrote: »
    Özil- better at hiding than Maddie McCann

Come on man, that's bang out of order. You're a f*****g disgrace with that remark. Cop on FFS

• Advertisement

Come on man, that's bang out of order. You're a f*****g disgrace with that remark. Cop on FFS

Too soon? Changed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jesus, no wonder there's never any craic in here

I was bricking it, but I thought, let go...

Jesus, no wonder there's never any craic in here

So you think it's ok to joke about murdered/assaulted children too? Good grief.

I was bricking it, but I thought, let go...

You're a disgrace.

• Advertisement

Missing. She's missing.

Missing. She's missing.

I'm sorry for you that you chose a very sad subject to jest about. You're very out of order. Says a lot about you too.

Anyway. Good match to go to. The second half proved far more interesting and intriguing than the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I think its ok to joke about pretty much everything, there's a reason it's called a joke. Some people are precious. Anyway, not my beef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

So are PSG guaranteed too if they win their final game?

Just finished reading Stillness and Speed, Bergkamp's autobiography. Would love to be watching him play again from the start :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have to just laugh at people writing off 20 year old Iwobi because he's out of form. Some opinions are worth ignoring

So capping at Gatwick is £19 and no travel card available I was told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

AdamD wrote: »
    Have to just laugh at people writing off 20 year old Iwobi because he's out of form. Some opinions are worth ignoring

Haven't heardmuch of that, but let them at it. He's a great prospect, reckon he'll be a brilliant player.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    AdamD wrote: »

Haven't heardmuch of that, but let them at it. He's a great prospect, reckon he'll be a brilliant player.
    There was a good bit of it on twitter after the game, madness. Arseblog made a comment yesterday that he reckoned he's one big gar away from Stardom, hard to disagree. The timing of the substitution yesterday was pretty poor I thought though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

L'prof wrote: »
    Just finished reading Stillness and Speed, Bergkamp's autobiography. Would love to be watching him play again from the start :(

When quality players like him are finished you appreciate them a lot more, especially when you see some of the over-rated players around at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement