Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Looking at our performances of late & especially in the 2 games v PSG I'd imagine with respect to the last 16 finishing 1st or 2nd in the group is largely irrelevant given the way the seeding's have fallen this year, it'll essentially boil down to avoiding Barca, Juve or Atletico if we finish 2nd, and Real Madrid & Bayern Munich if we top the group (we wont) & to be fair, I don't see any of these teams looking at us in the same light, I'd imagine every one of them would be more than happy to get us in the last 16, & that tells its own story.

Without a lucky draw & much better performances, this season is, despite the decent unbeaten run, starting to look very familiar.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The players don't seem to give a damn.
    We were pretty comprehensively outplayed last night and were chasing shadows for much of it, but to say the players don't care is a totally incorrect reading of the situation in my view. Look at their reactions to Giroud's penalty. Look at Iwobi after the PSG equaliser and look at him on the bench, steaming. They quite clearly care.

The team has some of the issues that Wenger's teams have always had a couple of new ones, but a lack of application isn't one of them. The players have been working extremely hard this season.

The difference in technical ability between the two sides was pretty glaring last night. The most obvious difference was between Verratti and Ramsey/Coquelin, but really the ability of every player on the pitch is important and we had players all over who are, at an elite level, fairly lacking technically. Depending on the level of the opposition and who you've got elsewhere on the pitch, you might get away with playing someone as limited as Jenkinson, but it's a tall order against a team like PSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I've resigned myself to the fact we're not going to win the league this year either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

emmetlego wrote: »
    You're a disgrace.

Will you give over ffs it was a joke.

Lads thats 18 games unbeaten now. Hard to fault that especially as we havent played anywhere near our best yet.

Still feel there is something missing from the team in terms of winning anything meaningful this season. We give the big clubs far too much respect in games and inturn we freeze. So frustrating because we are capable of beating any team when we play without fear.

Gringo180 wrote: »

Lads thats 18 games unbeaten now. Hard to fault that especially as we havent played anywhere near our best yet.

Still feel there is something missing from the team in terms of winning anything meaningful this season. We give the big clubs far too much respect in games and inturn we freeze. So frustrating because we are capable of beating any team when we play without fear.

We're missing a world class player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

even tho we drew our last 3 games im pretty sure years before we would've lost 1,2 or even all of them. Just a bit bummed we could not hold on a lead. I still say it's too early for any outrage. I'm still positive about this season so until then COYG~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

mansize wrote: »
    We're missing a work class player

Missing a Jack Wilshere type player who can pick the ball up deep and make a few mazy runs freeing up space for the likes of Ozil and Sanchez. Ramsey was awful last night he is far too slow at getting the ball forward and it gives the opposition time to regroup and get men back behind the ball.

Missing a Jack Wilshere type player who can pick the ball up deep and make a few mazy runs freeing up space for the likes of Ozil and Sanchez. Ramsey was awful last night he is far too slow at getting the ball forward and it gives the opposition time to regroup and get men back behind the ball.

jack lost the ball, fouled.. a lot

then he'd smash his glass ankle

Not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jack lost the ball, fouled.. a lot

then he'd smash his glass ankle

Not good enough
    Take out the ankle part and you have Sanchez.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Was going to do something like that myself but decided to take Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off :) fly out 3:30 today and back 1:40 tomorrow.
    All we need now is a good result to make it worth it

enjoy the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Was going to do something like that myself but decided to take Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off :) fly out 3:30 today and back 1:40 tomorrow.
    All we need now is a good result to make it worth it

enjoy the match?

Enjoyed myself at the math, but didn't enjoy the match(if that makes sense) another terrible performance, keep going the way we are and we will get spanked soon enough

marvin80 wrote: »
    When quality players like him are finished you appreciate them a lot more, especially when you see some of the over-rated players around at the moment.

He is just a class man on and off the field. Such a man of coolness and reason that is so rare in football today. Never held the club to ransom once, didnt do 'saga's' and had genuine love for the club and fans. I dont think i got as much joy out of any other player for the club and we have had some phenomenal players such as Wrighty, Adams, Vieira, Henry and Pires. All amazing but they dont hold a candle to Bergkamp in my eyes. The image of the modern footballer is fairly tarnished given their rather selfish and idiotic attitude to their career but i will forever hold Dennis Bergkamp in the highest esteem.

DB10 is my fave Arsenal player ever.

DB10 is my fave Arsenal player ever.

Agreed and I would safely say that many many posters on this thread would have that common ground with us.

If we ever get our own forum im proposing a sticky - 'The DB10 appreciation thread'

I'd rather Bayern than Athletico tbh. Neither club have been fantastic this season though.

Don't understand why the players weren't really going for it at the end. Very unlikely PSG aren't getting anything other than a win against Ludogourets.

I would absolutely hate Atletico. We are made for them. They are the dogs of war who are only happy to sit back and the defend. We are playing like slow cumbersome old men who would give the ball away countless times and they'd hammer us on the break.

Fact is our manager is stale. He never evolved and the only thing has developed over time is his inflated wages. His 'belief' in how football should be played encapsulates everything bar creating goal chances. We'll have one brain fart every so often where we will remember we are a football team and attack the opposition but other than that its wall to wall predictable muck with uninspired looking players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20161124/martinez-signs-new-contract

I really rate this guy and I think he'll eventually take over from Cech, not Ospina.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You're a disgrace.

I'm sure that's what the intention was, but if morbid disgusting humour is allowed on these threads maybe they are not for me. I thought jokes are meant to be funny, and not meant to belittle such a terrible and tragic incident, where the family still suffer daily torment as a result of it.

As far as I'm concerned there is a line, and that poster jumped over it. I'm also surprised at people defending it. I suppose it's indicitave of society these days that people feel the need to try jest about such horrific incidents.

I'm disgusted personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I'm sure that's what the intention was, but if morbid disgusting humour is allowed on these threads maybe they are not for me. I thought jokes are meant to be funny, and not meant to belittle such a terrible and tragic incident, where the family still suffer daily torment as a result of it.

As far as I'm concerned there is a line, and that poster jumped over it. I'm also surprised at people defending it. I suppose it's indicitave of society these days that people feel the need to try jest about such horrific incidents.

What's the problem with the joke? I didn't find it particularly funny or anything but the only people who should be offended by it are the 10-20 people who it actually affected, and I highly doubt any of her family members read the Arsenal forum on boards.ie.

Some people just want to be offended and outraged... such a stupid thing to be discussing in here, maybe this place isn't for you.

Can we not just talk about how cr*p Arsenal are playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If something is funny, then it's funny. It makes no difference who it might offend. As for your offending the family jibe, there are many people who believe that the whole thing was an inside job so I doubt they'll give a flute about a side joke on boards.:rolleyes: Maybe your sensitive soul isn't built for the big bad world on online forums.
    31914460.jpg

Good to see Martinez signing a new deal. He has bags of potential.

• Advertisement

What's the problem with the joke? I didn't find it particularly funny or anything but the only people who should be offended by it are the 10-20 people who it actually affected, and I highly doubt any of her family members read the Arsenal forum on boards.ie.

Some people just want to be offended and outraged... such a stupid thing to be discussing in here, maybe this place isn't for you.
    So you're now telling me what I can and can't be offended by?? And accusing me of wanting to be offended??

Just because I'm not a member of the McCann family means I should not be offended? Do you know anything about my own family? No is the answer. Sometimes you should figure that if someone gets offended, it's for a reason.

There's logic in your mind somewhere. I'm sure

You got offended. That's your right. But don't impose your morals on others.

I rate Ospina tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So you're now telling me what I can and can't be offended by?? And accusing me of wanting to be offended??

Just because I'm not a member of the McCann family means I should not be offended? Do you know anything about my own family? No is the answer. Sometimes you should figure that if someone gets offended, it's for a reason.

There's logic in your mind somewhere. I'm sure

Mate, get offended at whatever you want but don't start calling people out over a joke. If you're suggesting what I think you are then i'm terribly sorry but it's not like the person telling the joke knew that either, if everything that MAY offend someone was off limits there'd be very little to say.

Should I be offended that you're questioning my intelligence? Anyway we're derailing the thread, PM me if you wanna continue.

Never questioned your intelligence.

We'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.

In case it was missed I bought a spare program and if someone here wants it pm me

Agreed and I would safely say that many many posters on this thread would have that common ground with us.

If we ever get our own forum im proposing a sticky - 'The DB10 appreciation thread'

Why can we start one on the soccer forum? Or are they not allowed?

His greatest goal was in the Oranj of Holland tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

XsZkCFoqSBs

And his greatest assist

THE greatest goal scored in the EPL- of corse he meant it! He's magnificent

The Leicester Hattrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

THE greatest goal scored in the EPL- of corse he meant it! He's magnificent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo

Funnily it's not even his favourite goal because it relied too much on luck! Apparently he'd done it in training against Keown and he was not impressed!

• Advertisement

Yeah go ahead although it would be nice to have an Arsenal forum to ourselves to put it in otherwise we'd have wums contributing.

Im into the subject of Arsenal jerseys for example so id like to have a thread dedicated to that subject. Cant understand why Spurs fans have one and we dont

It's the sheer lack of numbers I'd say. It would be like a graveyard most times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We don't need a forum to shelter ourselves from the masses, well capable of taking it unlike that other lot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

There's r/gunners on reddit for individual threads/news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Guys you certainly won't get many wum'ing about Dennis Bergkamp that's for sure! Brilliant player.

You got offended. That's your right. But don't impose your morals on others.

Impossible to impose moral compass when you obviously have no morals to begin with.

I've enjoyed your Dennis B videos from earlier.

Impossible to impose moral compass when you obviously have no morals to begin with.

I've enjoyed your Dennis B videos from earlier.

If you are the bastion of morality then I'm glad you see me as deficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Better get our sh*t together for this game on Sunday.

No good sneaking draws at the theatre of comical hypocrisy if we go dropping points to shaggin Bournemouth.

Rugby today, football tomorrow

• Advertisement

Posted by TW14:

Welcome to the world little Brother Arlo ❤️️ instagram.com/p/BNRcmfvjpuv/

Chambers handball gives Leicester a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Looked a foul by Morgan to me, poor decision.

Looked a foul by Morgan to me, poor decision.

Yeah, think a foul would have been called if Chambers didn't have his arms up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gnabry on target again.

Sp*rs 1 up on the West London boys

• Advertisement

Dowe want a draw here? Or do we want Spurs to lose the unbeaten run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dowe want a draw here? Or do we want Spurs to lose the unbeaten run?
    Probably a draw for me.
    Spurs will drop off at some stage anyway. They always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, lads.

We want Spurs to lose.

F*ckin Spurs.

Boom! Only one invincible team!

Boom! Only one invincible team!

eh,Preston NE...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.