Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Weirdness

Options
  • 20-08-2016 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I've been running into an issue when downloading where my download will begin perfectly fine, but at some point (which seems random each time) the counter will start counting up to hours, then days, then the download will stop altogether.

Occasionally it will work fine, but more times than not I will run into this issue. No one else is currently using my network, I'm running windows 7 SP1. The problem repeats on chrome and firefox.

The only thing I can think that could be causing the problem is that I'm connected to the internet with a devolo router (which uses the wiring of your house to run an internet signal to a computer or device). I've downloaded their proprietary software, and updated the drivers, so on that end I'm stumped as well.

Thanks in advance!

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Keggers2 wrote: »
    I've been running into an issue when downloading where my download will begin perfectly fine, but at some point (which seems random each time) the counter will start counting up to hours, then days, then the download will stop altogether.

Occasionally it will work fine, but more times than not I will run into this issue. No one else is currently using my network, I'm running windows 7 SP1. The problem repeats on chrome and firefox.

The only thing I can think that could be causing the problem is that I'm connected to the internet with a devolo router (which uses the wiring of your house to run an internet signal to a computer or device). I've downloaded their proprietary software, and updated the drivers, so on that end I'm stumped as well.

Thanks in advance!

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place!

What ISP are you with? Is it the same on more than 1 pc? Are these Torrent downloads or just regular ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

In order Eir, just this computer and all above board regular ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Does the same thing happen if you connect directly (wired) to the router?

Advertisement