Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abu Dhabi - Teach secondary Maths with PGCE but no Maths degree

Options
  • 20-08-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all, I would appreciate any advice you can give on this topic. I am a fully qualified secondary Maths teacher in the UK with 6 years experience of teaching and middle management. I have a PGCE in secondary Maths, however, my degree subject is different.

I have been seriously considering moving to Abu Dhabi to teach KS3 and KS4 Maths, however, I have just been advised that I would find it difficult to get a job as I do not hold a Maths degree. I am looking at working at an international school which follows the British curriculum.

Is there any way for me to be accepted for a teaching job in Abu Dhabi with my qualifications? Is it possible to just teach middle school?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement