Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary PME interview

Options
  • 20-08-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I'm considering applying for the Primary PME's 2017 intake once the application process opens again and have been told experience working with children is very important for a candidate.

I've been advised anything from coaching kids' teams to giving tuition in how to play a musical instrument is valuable but does anyone know if you'd be need to have classroom experience (through shadowing a teacher etc.) too in order to stand a realistic chance of being successful at interview? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Very difficult to get into any school to shadow a teacher, in my opinion. They have enough to do in their own job without worrying about another adult in the classroom.

Which college are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nenakenny

Hi,

I'm applying to the PME Primary for 2017 but was wondering if people would suggest that I do the undergrad instead as a mature student?

Advertisement