Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 16/17

• 20-08-2016 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Higuain and Pjanic starting on the bench tonight against Fiorentina.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Emphatic 4-0 win for Roma at home today against Udinese. Two for Perotti from the penalty spot, 1 for Salah and 1 for Dzeko.

They looked good in patches but would worry for them at the back against better teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Gheorghe Hagi's son Lanis(17) on the bench for Fiorentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Debil wrote: »

Diego Simeone's son is after joining Genoa & Enrico Chiesa's son started this for Fiorentina. I feel so old now :(

Debil wrote: »

And Enrico Chiesa's son Federico is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Any chance a mod could split this off into a new thread starting from today's posts?

Great start for Roma.

• Advertisement

Juventus all over Fiorentina in the first half. Nice goal by Khedira but they should be more than 1 goal up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man, Milan have done **** all this transfer window.

Surely they know if they keep with this 11 they wont get CL spot

Headshot wrote: »

They are waiting until the Chinese takeover deal is done.

Belusconi is not going to bother spending his own cash when the club will change hands in a few weeks.

Europa League is their aim according to Montella.
    Hattrick for Bacca, surprised nobody came in for him as they wanted to get rid of him to buy shíte no doubt

They are waiting until the Chinese takeover deal is done.

Belusconi is not going to bother spending his own cash when the club will change hands in a few weeks.

oh right.

That's still leaving it quite late, they could be in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hattrick for Bacca, surprised nobody came in for him as they wanted to get rid of him to buy shíte no doubt

West Ham tried, apparently Milan accepted a bid but he didn't want to go to them, wouldn't be surprised if they try again before the window closes.

Jaysus, 3-1 up in injury time and now a penalty for Torino to draw it...

saved :eek:
    FT 3-2

Great finish to the game, sending off was a bit harsh considering his shirt was being ripped off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Bacca confirmed that he's staying at Milan for the season on Friday. Milan look a lot better than I expected. You would still expect them to struggle to finish in the top 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

dor83 wrote: »
    Hattrick for Bacca, surprised nobody came in for him as they wanted to get rid of him to buy sh te no doubt

West Ham tried, apparently Milan accepted a bid but he didn't want to go to them, wouldn't be surprised if they try again before the window closes.

How bacca isn't in demand by bigger clubs than West Ham is beyond me.

Dots1982 wrote: »

He's 30 in a few weeks so bigger clubs may be put off by his age, transfer fee and wage demands. No resale value.

But he is an excellent striker. 21 goals in Serie A last year is a great return playing for this Milan side.

I just think that he would be expensive for a player who turns 30 next month and it's not like we are talking about Higuain or Ibra, his record is not on their level imo.

A few things; he is getting on but why only AC came in for him after he left Sevilla was strange. Also his scoring record is not higuain/Ibra level but when you see the crap he had to play with last season at Milan; balotelli and a fairly poor midfield I'd love to see him with Ozil & Sanchez around him. He's also available at a third of the price of higuain which makes him a bargain.

Are his wage demands that high? I have a feeling maybe he is disadvantaged by not having a super agent,

A few things; he is getting on but why only AC came in for him after he left Sevilla was strange. Also his scoring record is not higuain/Ibra level but when you see the crap he had to play with last season at Milan; balotelli and a fairly poor midfield I'd love to see him with Ozil & Sanchez around him. He's also available at a third of the price of higuain which makes him a bargain.

Are his wage demands that high? I have a feeling maybe he is disadvantaged by not having a super agent,
    I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that teams like Arsenal(whos players you mentioned) don't want to pay so much for a short term solution when they can pay a bit more and get a player like Icardi/Lacazette/Morata who are a good bit younger and have the potential to be better for a longer period. He only played 2 seasons with Sevilla before Milan bought him, before that he was at Club Brugge so for his age he hasn't really got that much experience in top leagues. I'm in no way saying he's not a good player, just giving my opinion on why bigger clubs might not be willing to pay the money for him.

I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that teams like Arsenal(whos players you mentioned) don't want to pay so much for a short term solution when they can pay a bit more and get a player like Icardi/Lacazette/Morata who are a good bit younger and have the potential to be better for a longer period. He only played 2 seasons with Sevilla before Milan bought him, before that he was at Club Brugge so for his age he hasn't really got that much experience in top leagues. I'm in no way saying he's not a good player, just giving my opinion on why bigger clubs might not be willing to pay the money for him.

You could be right but Arsenal did try and sign Jamie vardy so I guess it's not always the case that wenger won't sign players of bacca' s age. He must have seen vardy as just better. I don't see it myself.

Suprised PSG didn't try for bacca either.

• Advertisement

You could be right but Arsenal did try and sign Jamie vardy so I guess it's not always the case that wenger won't sign players of bacca' s age. He must have seen vardy as just better. I don't see it myself.

Suprised PSG didn't try for bacca either.
    The thing with Vardy is that he has played in the PL and he is English so that always ups the price.

I think PSG should just use Cavani as the main striker, he is a fantastic player imo and if used right will score a load for them.

I just think that he would be expensive for a player who turns 30 next month and it's not like we are talking about Higuain or Ibra, his record is not on their level imo.

Tbf to him. Zlatan was available on a free this summer & nobody was interested besides Man Utd. He didn't show up fat as a pig to quote Prosinecki (despite the Copa) to pre season either like Higuain did. If I paid €90m for that I'd run him to Naples & back.
    Glad he's at Milan as I was expecting to see Lapadula up top 2 months ago.

Napoli in a right game so far. Thankfully for Oddo he was spared the San Siro bench.

You'd want to see cavani tonight. He's having an absolute mare.

You'd want to see cavani tonight. He's having an absolute mare.

I'm watching the Inter match so haven't seen anything of the PSG one. Chievo deservedly leading 2-0.

That was a crazy crazy match

That was a crazy crazy match

6 goals, 2 reds probably 3 tbh.
    Good start for Milik. Going to be another long year for Milan, can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Wow! Exciting start to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kevin Strootman scored!! Good for him

Roma do a Roma and snatch a draw from the clutches of victory.

Too many draws is what cost them last year too.

• Advertisement

Cazzo Joe Hart

That is all :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will the media there give Hart the same stick the English media are giving Bravo.

They will use a fresh one :)

Atalanta using those damn Serie A crosses.
    Surprised it rained so much in Genoa & Rome. I thought in never rained in Italy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Atalanta using those damn Serie A crosses.
    Surprised it rained so much in Genoa & Rome. I thought in never rained in Italy :rolleyes:

I will always remember watching the last day of the 99-00 season, when Juventus threw away the league on the last day of the season in the rain.

The most rain I can remember in a game.

Great finishes by Gonzalo, really clinical. Looks like he could be a great signing, obviously early days.

• Advertisement

Totti scoring 23 seasons in a row.

Absolute legend.

Juve 1-0 up against the run of play and now Icardi has equalised. Inter have looked better after the disgrace of a performance Thursday. Juve made too many changes & haven't got going imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2-1 Inter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Totti scoring 23 seasons in a row.

Absolute legend.

Only 25 behind the all time record now.

Wonder if he'll be able to hang on for next season and see if he can break it.

Big win that for Inter. Juve need to start picking a settled midfield. All those changes effected the rhythm of their play. Pity the first half was so flat as I thoroughly enjoyed the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Icardi has been superb this season. All round game is improving.

Top scorer race looks pretty good this year: all the main contenders already on the board. Maybe Higuain will run away with it but I'd fancy Bacca as the outsider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers

Top scorer race looks pretty good this year: all the main contenders already on the board. Maybe Higuain will run away with it but I'd fancy Bacca as the outsider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers

Napoli so far are sharing the workload, Bacca has very little quality service. Suso and Niang are the extremes of inconsistency. The Milan vs Lazio game last night was such a poor game to watch.

Icardi Is on fire!! Juve are playing brilliant stuff right now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Arrived in rome this morning but was just too exhausted to go to the Roma match in stadio olimpico. Did pick up the home shirt though. It's lovely!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Arrived in rome this morning but was just too exhausted to go to the Roma match in stadio olimpico. Did pick up the home shirt though. It's lovely!

That's a pity seemed like a great match.

So, Hart keeps a clean sheet last night. He looks lost in the area, looks small. He has no presence between posts. I don't understand why he is England goalkeeper. Is he really as good as they have?

Ho!! Did we punch out Roma this morning :):):)

This Juve game escalated quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Higuain at least is living up to his price tag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement