Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 16/17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

1-1 now. Udineses renovated stadium is really nice, sounds like a terrific atmosphere there today aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

1-1 now. Udineses renovated stadium is really nice, sounds like a terrific atmosphere there today aswell.

Looks a lovely stadium alright, that zapata is some tank.

Belotti with 24 goals now for the season with a poor team. I'd say he'll be getting a big move this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

And Immobile scores another 2 goals.

Real star is Milinkovic-Savic though, no way will Lazio be able to keep him I think.

I also saw that Cagliari got approval for their new ground, good to see they're sort of keeping the open air feeling to it:

http://www.ansa.it/sardegna/notizie/2017/03/02/nuovo-stadio-cagliari-ok-dalla-regione_ce61cc00-e2af-46f0-98f0-6df381aa648d.html

Work on the temporary ground will begin in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I know they've lost a few games to those above them but Inter are looking a really confident team at the moment. Playing with freedom and look like they're enjoying themselves.

Let's face it they've been awful to watch since 2010. Even in the extremely likely event they don't make the CL places, it's been fun watching them and I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Super game here between Juve and Milan. Very tactical, Dybala looks electric.

Great game indeed.

Juve win it with a penalty in the 94th minute. Don't think it was one, Lichtsteiner hits it straight at him, can't do anything about it.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Great game indeed.

Juve win it with a penalty in the 94th minute. Don't think it was one, Lichtsteiner hits it straight at him, can't do anything about it.

What are you gonna do? The ball hits his arm in the box, his arm was waaay out. Makes it easy for the ref to award Juve. I don't believe there is conspiracy, but if it was Torino v Milan it may not be given, but simply through psychology it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jelle1880 wrote:

Everything about that doesn't add up. Lichtsteiner, late penalty & Juve preserving their winning streak at home this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That goal scored me a 178/1 accumulator! !! After all my comments about dubious penalties this week I am going to be that hypocrite thathe couldn't care! I was watching on Mobdro on my mobile with the rugby on so I'm not sure the precise issue with it.
    Fair play to Juve, they really went gunge ho in the last 15 minutes but we're composed and some quality passing out of defence and through the middle of the park.

• Advertisement

That goal scored me a 178/1 accumulator! !! After all my comments about dubious penalties this week I am going to be that hypocrite thathe couldn't care! I was watching on Mobdro on my mobile with the rugby on so I'm not sure the precise issue with it.
    Fair play to Juve, they really went gunge ho in the last 15 minutes but we're composed and some quality passing out of defence and through the middle of the park.

To be fair, I put 5 euro on them to win near the end of the game, that penalty got me 50 back :pac:

I'm not gonna pretend I care too much, but it was at first sight a typical 'Let's help them win this' call. But it could be given, his arm was after all there.

Juve are corrupt to the core. Everyone knows it. The officials aren't even subtle about it anymore. I'm not a supporter of Milan but there is no chance they would have been given a penalty for that at the other end. It really is sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Christ it was a tight call, they can be given and sometimes they aren't. It wasn't a big conspiracy.

justshane wrote: »
    Christ it was a tight call, they can be given and sometimes they aren't. It wasn't a big conspiracy.

If it was that one alone I would agree with you. But Juve constantly get those decisions in their favour, game after game, season after season.

Looking forward to Inter v Atalanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

First half hattrick for Icardi.

Some going

3-0 to Inter, Icardi hat-trick, game over.

5-1 at ht. Crazy stuff. Icardi up to 20 goals.

Insigne is a very classy player

Juve are corrupt to the core. Everyone knows it. The officials aren't even subtle about it anymore. I'm not a supporter of Milan but there is no chance they would have been given a penalty for that at the other end. It really is sickening.

This is a bit uninformed. I am anti Juve like anyone, but I also like to know the facts before shouting off. Scroll down and look. They get even less penalties than we do. It doesn't include this weekend, when Napoli got more

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/6461/Stages/14014/TeamStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2016-2017

• Advertisement

This is a bit uninformed. I am anti Juve like anyone, but I also like to know the facts before shouting off. Scroll down and look. They get even less penalties than we do. It doesn't include this weekend, when Napoli got more

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/6461/Stages/14014/TeamStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2016-2017

Juve are always getting preferential treatment by referees in big Italian games. It's not just based on penalties awarded. Against Milan (who I also hate by the way, corrupt scum also) the ref was pleading with Juve to score. Giving them frees outside the box in the last ten minutes that were blatant dives. The penalty decision was ridiculous.

What a free kick

Napoli are some team to watch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Cmon Napoli!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Good game between Napoli and Juve. I think Juve were happy to take a draw from fairly early on though.

Napoli are my favourite team to watch

Just so so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

This is a bit uninformed. I am anti Juve like anyone, but I also like to know the facts before shouting off.  Scroll down and look. They get even less penalties than we do. It doesn't include this weekend, when Napoli got more

Juve are always getting preferential treatment by referees in big Italian games. It's not just based on penalties awarded. Against Milan (who I also hate by the way, corrupt scum also) the ref was pleading with Juve to score. Giving them frees outside the box in the last ten minutes that were blatant dives. The penalty decision was ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous giving a penalty for a hand ball in the box
    https://media.giphy.com/media/13sWFDJFOQzqgg/giphy.gif

Absolutely ridiculous giving a penalty for a hand ball in the box
    https://media.giphy.com/media/13sWFDJFOQzqgg/giphy.gif

Exactly. I'm far from a Juve fan, but that penalty call was clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Hopefully a cracking match at 11:30

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully a cracking match at 11:30

A game I would love to go to some day, should hopefully pick up world wide again now that Milan have owners who will spend money

Breath taking match so far

Headshot wrote: »
    Breath taking match so far

Neither defence able to cope with any sort of speed. Looking at the two of these, its no wonder Juve canter to the league
    Couldnt have been scored by a less popular guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Great ball.

This is why I love this sport

Unbelievable finish

absolutely epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

great match, some end to the game

• Advertisement

What the **** :D

Zapata actually did something. Brilliant ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

irishman86 wrote: »
    A game I would love to go to some day, should hopefully pick up world wide again now that Milan have owners who will spend money

Been to a couple. They rarely sell out these days so you can just rock up day of the game and get a ticket for ~€40. Friendly enough rivalry, Juve v Inter usually more needle and better atmosphere.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Been to a couple. They rarely sell out these days so you can just rock up day of the game and get a ticket for ~€40. Friendly enough rivalry, Juve v Inter usually more needle and better atmosphere.

Interesting news buddy, this might be a detour I try to convince my wife to make. Thought they would sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

irishman86 wrote: »

Definitely try and get to a Rome derby at some stage too. Went to one about ten or so years ago. Haven't experienced an atmosphere like it since, was amazing and the stadium was practically full a few hours before kick off. Admittedly though I didn't feel that safe outside the stadium as the atmosphere was really tense pre game.
    Still one of the best matches and experiences that I've been to.

Is there a squad in Europe underperforming as much as Inter?
    A shameful performance tonight in Florence.

• Advertisement

What a game in Italy tonight.

Bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Udine and Fiorentina always seem to be bogey teams for Inter. Not the first time Fiorentina have put goals past Inter at will

Udine and Fiorentina always seem to be bogey teams for Inter. Not the first time Fiorentina have put goals past Inter at will

No Kalinic either. The 2 late goals saved face & Bernadeschi missed a peno too. I'm sure they will lament Babacar being off for the 5th but they didn't deserve anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

ERG89 wrote: »
    No Kalinic either. The 2 late goals saved face & Bernadeschi missed a peno too. I'm sure they will lament Babacar being off for the 5th but they didn't deserve anything.

Backed Fiorentina +1 when they were 2-1 down. Going mad when they missed the peno, but in the end had little to be worried about. Inter are a decent team going forward and would be a great team if they could sort out that defence. Still in tatters since Mourinho left. Constantly so open at the back, just too easy for teams to walk through them with ease and score. It's been going on years now

Monchi will join Roma now from Sevilla. Interested to see how he'll do.
    Sabatini had his good signings but signed an awful lot of sh!te too.
    They'll likely need another manager this summer.

So far so good for Roma

Schick is a bit of a class act

Lazio win the derby 1-3, a brace from Keita and Basta with the other one.

Ruediger got sent off in the 92nd minute too for a disgusting foul.
    Roma's goal came from the spot, after a hilariously bad dive from Strootman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sulli Muntari walked off the field after being racially abused,the eejit ref booked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

zerks wrote: »
    Sulli Muntari walked off the field after being racially abused,the eejit ref booked him.

not quite what happened.

The ref booked him for dissent when he continuously approached him, in a very confrontational and quite intimidating manner, both verbally and physically intimidating ,shouting at him to stop the game and knocking his whistle out of his hand BEFORE Muntari then walked off.

The ref also did not hear the chants (apparently anyway)

I get he was angry and rightfully so but he can't take matters into his own hands.

They were a goal down with a few minutes to go. The referee, who had not heard the chants, would have had to make a big decision to stop the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement