Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help !!!!

• 20-08-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

It's not even winter yet and I have started to find spiders all over the house and they are not small ones !!!! The house is an old house but I can't go on like this I can't stand the little beggers, and ideas what may or does help PLZ ??? Are plug in repellent any good does anyone know il run out and buy one first thing tomorrow if so !! Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Conkers on every window cill and corners of doors. The chemical in them keeps the crawlies away.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

It's not even winter yet and I have started to find spiders all over the house and they are not small ones !!!! The house is an old house but I can't go on like this I can't stand the little beggers, and ideas what may or does help PLZ ??? Are plug in repellent any good does anyone know il run out and buy one first thing tomorrow if so !! Thanks in advance !

my cats eat them :D

Just remember as you get rid of the spiders in your house, they are carnivores who only eat other insects. By ridding your house of spiders you are encouraging a whole host of other insects to live in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

All the other insects are welcome...(well except for earwigs that is) it's the spiders that give me the ibee jeebies. As long as they do their eating outside that's fine by me.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mumbla

Personally I love the spiders but I understand some don't.
    The plug is supposed to be good, many recommend it. The downside for you is that when you plug it in all the spiders you don't see appear. All hidden ones wanna get out so expect he'll the first day if you really dislike them.
    If you can live with those you can't see and just wanna get rid of the ones you see one of those nifty catchpoles is what you need. (I'll find the link to those and post below.)

• Advertisement

Oh I can't post URL'S yet but....

http
    ://
    .spidercatcher
    .net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mumbla wrote: »
    Personally I love the spiders but I understand some don't.
    The plug is supposed to be good, many recommend it. The downside for you is that when you plug it in all the spiders you don't see appear. All hidden ones wanna get out so expect he'll the first day if you really dislike them.
    If you can live with those you can't see and just wanna get rid of the ones you see one of those nifty catchpoles is what you need. (I'll find the link to those and post below.)

Your words have given my brain enough nightmare ammunition for months.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Your words have given my brain enough nightmare ammunition for months.

I'm sorry!!
    :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Just remember as you get rid of the spiders in your house, they are carnivores who only eat other insects. By ridding your house of spiders you are encouraging a whole host of other insects to live in your house.

I have several spiders in the ceiling corners all over the house, those called daddy long legs.
    I leave them there in the case they could be useful, but they just leave there on holiday, the house is full of flies, mosqutoes and other flying things all the same :)

I have several spiders in the ceiling corners all over the house, those called daddy long legs.
    I leave them there in the case they could be useful, but they just leave there on holiday, the house is full of flies, mosqutoes and other flying things all the same :)

Yeah they seem rather useless don't they?
    I found nest with a False Widow tho, in my living room. She had an amazing amount of dead, HUGE bugs tho. She seemedto get the job done! She hade to move out to the yard tho, don't want my smaller children to befriend her...

• Advertisement
Advertisement