Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Operation

• 20-08-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone have any idea how much it is roughly to go privately to get acl operation done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hi,

Healthcare? I paid €125 excess and consultant visits. You'll require physio too, a lot of.

I went to SSC in April and would highly recommend for consultant and physio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

My fella was quoted the guts of 5000 for acl rebuild, went public (no health insurance when it happened), paid feck all for it, got his doc to send him to Castlebar, they have more experience with sports injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

Its around €6400 in Santry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

mcgiggles wrote: »
    My fella was quoted the guts of 5000 for acl rebuild, went public (no health insurance when it happened), paid feck all for it, got his doc to send him to Castlebar, they have more experience with sports injuries

I'm not sure of cost as I had it done through VHI earlier this year, I think you could be waiting up to 18 months if you choose to do it through the public system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

Make that up to 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

He injured himself in the summer (tag rugby season so like July-ish) and got it done at Christmas, he wanted to wait to get it done then as he couldn't take time off work any other time... but you could be waiting longer alright..

Advertisement