Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain wear tool - what to buy

Options
  • 20-08-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a chain wear tool, anyone know how accurate the cheap eBay ones are. Seem to be plenty around €1.50 are they accurate enough or do I need to splash out on a park tools or BbB one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Looking at buying a chain wear tool, anyone know how accurate the cheap eBay ones are. Seem to be plenty around €1.50 are they accurate enough or do I need to splash out on a park tools or BbB one?

Splash out! The Park Tool CC3.2 costs less than €10. It is only a guide but a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Maidhci wrote: »
    Splash out! The Park Tool CC3.2 costs less than €10. It is only a guide but a good one.

Any recommendation on a dummy hub and torq wrench too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have one that I won't need for about another 5,000 km. I'll stick it in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought a KMC one on eBay for something like €2 posted. They all do the same job so pick one and buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I bought a KMC one on eBay for something like €2 posted. They all do the same job so pick one and buy it.

I wasn't sure how accurate some of the cheaper ones were. Not the most expensive tool on the world but sure it's not like the going to get a huge amount of use.

Advertisement