Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2016 (II)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Aubrey's dressing down of Bear reminds me of when during Oxogate Shilpa Shetty said to Jade (6min 25s in):

"Your claim to fame is this, good for you".

i actually cant watch this, it makes me so uncomfortable, i loved Jade (from her OG BB) yes she was stupid but the way they treated Shilpa and broke her down was disgusting.

she had so much class and held her head high and cracked once. i remember watching it and realising it was going to cause consternation.

and she was right she was one of the highest paid bollywood actresses at one stage Jade Goody was famous for being on Big Brother and getting naked and not knowing where East Anglia was.

lest we forget:
    After correcting Goody's mother, who mispronounced Shetty's name as 'Shiwpa', Shetty was mocked for her Indian accent and was branded "The Indian" and was referred to as a "dog" by Lloyd.
    Referring to Shetty, O'Meara generalised that all Indians were thin because they were "sick all the time" as a result of undercooking their food, following their belief that Shetty had undercooked a chicken, which gave O'Meara diarrhoea.
    Lloyd also mentioned that she didn't like Shetty touching her food because she didn't "know where her hands have been".
    Lloyd, O'Meara and Goody repeatedly maintained a belief that Shetty was "fake", and "a mole".
    After Shetty attempted to dispose of the left-over chicken soup down the toilet and caused a blockage, housemate Jack Tweed suggested that she should pick the bones out with her teeth and allegedly referred to her as a "****ing Paki", although show producers denied this and stated that the word used was "****".
    During a fierce argument, Goody told Shetty that she needed to "spend a day in the slums", although the media falsely reported this as "go back to the slums".
    Claiming that she did not know Shilpa's surname, Goody referred to her as "Shilpa ****awallah", "Shilpa Daroopa", and "Shilpa Poppadom", later claiming that they were non-racist references to Indian food.
    Lloyd had opined that Shetty's English-speaking skills were lacking and verbally indicated her desire that the latter should "**** off home".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Unashamedly Team Bear here. Only housemate that has made the show remotely watchable this year.

What annoyed me about that row tonight was when Bear tried to walk out of the room, and Aubrey walked forward and squared right up to Bear. physically intimidating him. Why did she not get a warning for that? Imagine Aubrey asking Bear could she get past and him then walked forward and squaring up against her and saying what she did. Still sickens me that she was not thrown out for spitting in housemate's food.

Can't stand Frankie. Trying too hard to be liked by everyone. Renee is just a mouth piece who ultimately says fcuk all. Here's the order I'd like to see the final six.

Winner: Bear.
    2nd: Ricky.
    3rd: Marnie.
    4th: Frankie.
    5th: Aubrey.
    6th: Renee

Agree with you apart from your list order.
    For me:
    Bear
    Aubrey
    Ricky
    Renee
    Frankie

Just realised I never put marnie in but **** it she doesn't deserve a place on the list :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Some people are offering up to 80/1 on Aubrey to win. I think her and Bear will be the last 2.
    http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/celebrity-big-brother/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Does anyone have a link to last nights show. The TV3 app keeps crashing after 10 mins and I can't find it on you tube.

smash wrote: »
    Some people are offering up to 80/1 on Aubrey to win. I think her and Bear will be the last 2.

i honestly cant get my head around all the odds.

id love it though if it iwas bear and aubrey in the final he would seriously think he had it in the bag you can see his little brain shes american we hate them whooo ive one! Aubrey will prop punch him in the face as her final victory.

• Advertisement

I'm not a betting man but at a fiver each way for Bear and Aubrey the return is €360 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

You can do an e/w bet on Aubrey. I have Frankie and Bear on e/w. Think it's only top 2 pay out though with PP.

Found a link to the video of the "Roofless" Telling off! The link is on the first posters message.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2175996

I read that thread yesterday, so the reason Bear raises his hands is because the producers told him to do it if he feels threatened and that's why Aubrey was called to diary room when he raised his arms. It's kind of strange, he does look to the cameras when he does it. But why would they give him special treatment like that? Unless he had a serious condition, but what could that be.

I read that thread yesterday, so the reason Bear raises his hands is because the producers told him to do it if he feels threatened and that's why Aubrey was called to diary room when he raised his arms. It's kind of strange, he does look to the cameras when he does it. But why would they give him special treatment like that? Unless he had a serious condition, but what could that be.

reading that thread i think this person has got it down:

Arms up is like fake cringing, saying 'don't hit me', or 'you're bullying me' after having been extremely provocative, aggressive, or even physical with the actual 'victim'.

It's deflective - often done to disarm, to inhibit and to provoke even more whilst faking being in 'sub' mode.

It's rather common and ordinary, nasty fourteen year old behaviour. Bear seems stuck in some nasty dysfunctional pubescent timewarp.

I think the 'arms up' bit may be culturally more understood here than in the USA perhaps, and they may have misread it as a 'given' signal.

Does anyone have a link to last nights show. The TV3 app keeps crashing after 10 mins and I can't find it on you tube.

The app is very annoying. I delete and reinstall (sometimes black screen and just audio). TV3 seem to be blocking all the YouTube uploads!

• Advertisement

Arms up is like fake cringing, saying 'don't hit me', or 'you're bullying me' after having been extremely provocative, aggressive, or even physical with the actual 'victim'.

It's deflective - often done to disarm, to inhibit and to provoke even more whilst faking being in 'sub' mode.

It's rather common and ordinary, nasty fourteen year old behaviour. Bear seems stuck in some nasty dysfunctional pubescent timewarp.

I think the 'arms up' bit may be culturally more understood here than in the USA perhaps, and they may have misread it as a 'given' signal.

Ah yeah makes sense. He is really abusing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

I just took it as Bear playing the "I'm so innocent in all this" card, nothing to do with the producers telling him to do it. Didn't it all start a few weeks back when he was in an argument with Ricky & Ricky said something about not getting in his personal space, that's where I thought it started & Bear has just kept it up ever since :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

buswankers wrote: »
    I just took it as Bear playing the "I'm so innocent in all this" card, nothing to do with the producers telling him to do it. Didn't it all start a few weeks back when he was in an argument with Ricky & Ricky said something about not getting in his personal space, that's where I thought it started & Bear has just kept it up ever since :rolleyes:

Yep that's where it started, there is no grand conspiracy about secret hand signals with the producers.

Now if he was doing this........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Unashamedly Team Bear here. Only housemate that has made the show remotely watchable this year.

What annoyed me about that row tonight was when Bear tried to walk out of the room, and Aubrey walked forward and squared right up to Bear. physically intimidating him. Why did she not get a warning for that? Imagine Aubrey asking Bear could she get past and him then walked forward and squaring up against her and saying what she did. Still sickens me that she was not thrown out for spitting in housemate's food.

Can't stand Frankie. Trying too hard to be liked by everyone. Renee is just a mouth piece who ultimately says fcuk all. Here's the order I'd like to see the final six.

Agree with your brilliant post. Take it you are also in the "cool gang ". Slight difference though. I would swap frankie and renee in your voting list. But your top 3 are perfect.

As your post was so good I think I will thank it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Agree with your brilliant post. Take it you are also in the "cool gang ". Slight difference though. I would swap frankie and renee in your voting list. But your top 3 are perfect.

Ah, shurrup Donkey, you ass :P

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Ah, shurrup Donkey, you ass :P
    Thought it was a new thing. Thanking posts twice? ???. Your so so jealous that Bear mentioned me on cbb. And not you. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Are I Mad

I think that all the hm's have been told to raise their arms if they want the producers to intervene, why else would Renee have told Aubery to put her hands up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Fighting with someone over a mask, what is he like?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Absolutely loved the episode last night. Aubrey has put up with Bear's **** for all these weeks and finally just let loose on him. He had no idea what to say back to her, it was hilarious - fumbling over his words. He provoked her all day with the pie thing and then when things had quietened down again he started banging on to her and Renee about how they handled themselves. 100% just looking for another argument and wow did he get one.

His reaction to the mask was fairly funny as well. It's all good with him to pull pranks on the other housemates to the point of making them cry, but when someone does it back to him he loses his ****. Yeah it was a sentimental thing but add up all the pranks he's done and they're way worse. He's lost his right to be upset over pranks in my opinion.

Someone commented on the fact Aubrey put stuff on his bed - well he did throw a pie in her face when it was meant to go in his so yeah, fair game. 1-1. Then he went and threw tinned tomatoes on her bed to get her back? Her act was getting him back for something he did so I don't understand his logic on that one. Just throwing his toys out of the pram as usual.

I genuinely don't know how they're all putting up with him. Obviously it's great TV for us but living 24/7 with someone who's constantly looking for an argument would be so draining. The tiniest thing would make you snap.

• Advertisement

Has there ever been a contestant to receive as many warnings as bear has?

i honestly cant get my head around all the odds.

id love it though if it iwas bear and aubrey in the final he would seriously think he had it in the bag you can see his little brain shes american we hate them whooo ive one! Aubrey will prop punch him in the face as her final victory.
    No she will probably just spit at him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

scdublin wrote: »
    I genuinely don't know how they're all putting up with him. Obviously it's great TV for us but living 24/7 with someone who's constantly looking for an argument would be so draining. The tiniest thing would make you snap.

This 100%.

I honestly would not be able to put up with that , day in day out. It would grate on your nerves and how no-one actually snapped before last night is beyond me . I'd be certifiable at this stage if I had to live with that behaviour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Can dish it but can't take it. Imagine if someone had chanted "roofless" a la Bear style, he would have freaked.

wyrn wrote: »
    Robsweezie wrote: »
    Can dish it but can't take it. Imagine if someone had chanted "roofless" a la Bear style, he would have freaked.
    Do you not understand that he needs his mask . At all the evictions he wears that as he sits on Deborah. It's a routine he has at this stage. That's why he was so upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Do you not understand that he needs his mask . At all the evictions he wears that as he sits on Deborah. It's a routine he has at this stage. That's why he was so upset.
    Yeah I am it's so much more important that he has his routine, a bit like the housemates having a coffee routine. The difference is caffeine is addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yeah I am it's so much more important that he has his routine, a bit like the housemates having a coffee routine. The difference is caffeine is addictive.

Ha , was actually thinking the same thing about coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Clearly you've never been to a 12 step for Masquerade Mask's anonymous. truly harrowing to see such pain

Do you not understand that he needs his mask. At all the evictions he wears that as he sits on Deborah. It's a routine he has at this stage. That's why he was so upset.

I understand that he acts like a child with behavioural issues, but this "it's my routine" business can't be used to defend his aggression.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You dont HAVE to defend/protect/justify/stand up for him after every negative post! :D

There has to be a line and give yourself some credibility by acknowledging his wrongdoings,. Like people here who like Aubrey acknowledge the spitting was in very bad taste or who like Ricky call him dull at times.

There are some things that you cannot defend and that was one of them! He was a complete fool! Reminds me of my 4 year old nephew last week when he lost his sunglasses and blamed his sister! Went into a complete huff. Then when he got them his mood completely changed from low and angry to high and happy as larry in a split second!

"Kllawy gave em to me, day aw mine, day aw no wun elses to take"

He hasn't the ability to communicate with adults, reason, show empathy, have a conversation that isn't related to the game and he deluded about this whole BB thing which he is desperate to win with zero self awareness of why he is being kept in! I can't honestly remember anyone so desperate to win CBB. Obviously a few in the mainstream version but him.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement