Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2016 (II)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

smash wrote: »
    Has there ever been a contestant to receive as many warnings as bear has?

I don't believe there has

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

wyrn wrote: »
    Do you not understand that he needs his mask . At all the evictions he wears that as he sits on Deborah. It's a routine he has at this stage. That's why he was so upset.
    Yeah I am it's so much more important that he has his routine, a bit like the housemates having a coffee routine. The difference is caffeine is addictive.
    I think bear is addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Marc from Tallafornia was a wind up merchant, pranskter and sometimes rough housed with the other housemates.
    We saw him being warned and being told to go easy

Bear seems to be able to behave quite badly without much rebuke.
    He continually breaks the rules and if they even bother calling him up on it he says he understands and doesn't want to get thrown out.

I don't find it great entertainment as it's the same old ding dong at this stage.

At this point in the show it would be fine for the remaining housemates to get along just do challenges etc.

His constant attempts to irritate people and then tell them they were pathetic are tiresome.

Ricky is too measured, Frankie is too over the top
    Aubrey has been very controlled through the whole process
    Renee is being herself rather than the mob wives character so is at times vulnerable, at times a bit boring
    Marnie doesn't bring much in the way of entertainment

He seems to feel he deserves to win because he has been real / shown the most range of emotions.
    Has he though?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Didn't the first few celebrity Big Brothers have a percentage go to Children in need or some charity? it would be good if they actually did something useful in their time in the house that changed their way of thinking for example if they had them work making shoes like many children do in sweatshop for next to nothing or played them back the good and bad points of their personalities in order to change them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Laneyh wrote: »
    Bear seems to be able to behave quite badly without much rebuke.
    He continually breaks the rules and if they even bother calling him up on it he says he understands and doesn't want to get thrown out.

Lewis throws a drink at someone and gets a formal warning. Bear slaps Aubrey with a pie and nothing happens...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think bear is addictive

So are cigarettes and cocaine.

If you were in there you might have a different opinion.

He can be very entertaining but this is overshadowed for me when he acts like an absolute díckhead, which is most of the time really.

Producers obviously want to keep him, which is fair enough, but he is like a rebellious teenager who feels all the rules don't app!y to him - and they don't obviously , given his 5 'final' warnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Marc from Tallafornia was a wind up merchant, pranskter and sometimes rough housed with the other housemates.
    We saw him being warned and being told to go easy

I don't find it great entertainment as it's the same old ding dong at this stage.

At this point in the show it would be fine for the remaining housemates to get along just do challenges etc.

His constant attempts to irritate people and then tell them they were pathetic are tiresome.

He seems to feel he deserves to win because he has been real / shown the most range of emotions.
    Has he though?

Regarding Marc, I didn't like him but he was intelligent, capable of mature conversation, had genuine wit and articulate verbal skills, knowing how to get at people and was intelligent also, clearly, considering his education. He also knew when to draw the line and had empathy and knew why people were voting for him, aknowledging that he wouldnt be like this in the outside world.

Bear tried to copy this tried and tested method for votes but it is clear he is a pound shop version intended as a kids toy which has fell off the top shelf and damaged so severely it is unfit for sale.

Someone found it in a skip outside the shop and is now trying to sell it on Moore Street and whilst kids walk by and look at it thinking its cool at first they quickly walk by to the next stall.

Bear gets votes because its vote to save. He is the sort of person who attracts a certain legion of fans who probably dont even notice the others that there are in it half the time. The rest that are up for eviction, whilst they will have their fans the votes will be split between them.

There is zero doubt he would be voted out if the voting system was vote to evict and BB know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ha! I just had a thought. It's a shame Hughie isn't in there with Bear. He wouldn't put up with that "fake ass liary arse bitch" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Didn't the first few celebrity Big Brothers have a percentage go to Children in need or some charity? it would be good if they actually did something useful in their time in the house that changed their way of thinking for example if they had them work making shoes like many children do in sweatshop for next to nothing or played them back the good and bad points of their personalities in order to change them

:confused: Why would anybody want to watch people make shoes for 5 weeks ?

ShamoBuc wrote: »

He can be very entertaining but this is overshadowed for me when he acts like an absolute díckhead, which is most of the time really.

Producers obviously want to keep him, which is fair enough, but he is like a rebellious teenager who feels all the rules don't app!y to him - and they don't obviously , given his 5 'final' warnings.

As one of the few Bear fans in here there is nothing more incredibly annoying than people saying how we should / would feel about Bear if we had to live with him. :mad:
    There's a minor flaw in that logic, we don't have to live with him. Separate Bear the person (I don't like) from Bear the HM (I do like).

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    ShamoBuc wrote: »

He can be very entertaining but this is overshadowed for me when he acts like an absolute d ckhead, which is most of the time really.

As one of the few Bear fans in here there is nothing more incredibly annoying than people saying how we should / would feel about Bear if we had to live with him. :mad:
    There's a minor flaw in that logic, we don't have to live with him. Separate Bear the person (I don't like) from Bear the HM (I do like).
    Can I thank this brilliant post twice as well ?

Team_Bear_Video_Screen.jpg

Why though? Its the same thing over and over again. There is no wit to it that you can say its entertaining! I would just like to know why certain people buy into it as entertainment after 4 weeks of repetition. We all got a laugh or shock entertainment value at the odd thing he had done at first but most are bored of it now. Its so predictable.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time: Abraham Lincoln

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

Has he though?

He's certainly shown a huge range of emotions, but every last one of them is an act. Therefore I don't think he deserves to win. IMO!

From an atricle online:
    ‘Famous’ for Ex On the Beach where he is shouty and a “lad” on the beach, he decided to come out of his comfort zone and be shouty and a “lad” in a house in England instead. Without the sun and constant supply of reality star girls, he’s resorted to being so annoying that he received four formal warnings and Celebrity Big Brother refused to air the attention seeking out of principle, allegedly.

He also cheated on his girlfriend Lillie Lexie Gregg on air with Chloe Khan and she arrived in the house to confront him. So by virtue of being the most interesting person, he deserves these odds.

But letting him win we are, as a culture, saying if you act like a disgusting person with no empathy then we deserve to win a publically voted for reality show. So you know, let the vote lay on your conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Why though? Its the same thing over and over again. There is no wit to it that you can say its entertaining! I would just like to know why certain people buy into it as entertainment after 4 weeks of repetition. We all got a laugh or shock entertainment value at the odd thing he had done at first but most are bored of it now. Its so predictable.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time: Abraham Lincoln

I always read this in a Bob Marley voice thanks to his song "Get Up, Stand Up." :D

Team_Bear_Video_Screen.jpg
    Brilliant am getting that blown up and put on my bedroom door for tomorrow night. So no family clan will come in to interupt me for 2 hours and 50 minutes. Cheers.

Which series was Abraham in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Donkeykong5 ,

Sorry , but seriously?

smash wrote: »
    From an atricle online:
    Famous for Ex On the Beach where he is shouty and a lad on the beach, he decided to come out of his comfort zone and be shouty and a lad in a house in England instead. Without the sun and constant supply of reality star girls, he s resorted to being so annoying that he received four formal warnings and Celebrity Big Brother refused to air the attention seeking out of principle, allegedly.

He also cheated on his girlfriend Lillie Lexie Gregg on air with Chloe Khan and she arrived in the house to confront him. So by virtue of being the most interesting person, he deserves these odds.

But letting him win we are, as a culture, saying if you act like a disgusting person with no empathy then we deserve to win a publically voted for reality show. So you know, let the vote lay on your conscience.
    He's not Donald Trump running for president. He's a contestant on a tv reality show. !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Ha! I just had a thought. It's a shame Hughie isn't in there with Bear. He wouldn't put up with that "fake ass liary arse bitch" :D

Bear is the very definition of a trouble riser :D imagine how many times we'd hear it!!

"You're nothing but a trouble riser bear"
    "Oohh roofless"

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Donkeykong5 ,

Sorry , but seriously?
    Was it the one with brian dowling. ?

Hang on was it the one with jade ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

It's funny cause I didnt see the actual post referring to abraham so i just automatically assumed ye were all talking about Farrah Abraham :pac:

You are as bad a wind up merchant as your hero! I can see right through you but I choose to let you be!! :D (Brian Dowling, series whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hughie is on Xpose a few times now talking about CBB and he seems to be a Bear fan, he seems to be a fan of all the UK trashy reality stars

The walking dead!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Although I just dip in and out of this thread it's very obvious the posters in the bear fan club are really just trolls looking for a reaction. This is demonstrated continuously by how they feel the need to constantly back each other up while harping on about great bear is and how rubbish the rest of the HM's are.

They are so busy defending Bear by putting down the rest of the HM's they are not able to have an objectionable view on the general behaviour and dynamics in the house so therefore cannot have their opinions taken seriously.

Fortunately I think the voting public while finding some of bears behaviour entertaining, will have like the rest of us grown tired of his schoolboy behaviour and double standards and have the sense to vote for the deserved winner.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Although I just dip in and out of this thread it's very obvious the posters in the bear fan club are really just trolls looking for a reaction. This is demonstrated continuously by how they feel the need to constantly back each other up while harping on about great bear is and how rubbish the rest of the HM's are.

They are so busy defending Bear by putting down the rest of the HM's they are not able to have an objectionable view on the general behaviour and dynamics in the house so therefore cannot have their opinions taken seriously.

Fortunately I think the voting public while finding some of bears behaviour entertaining, will have like the rest of us grown tired of his schoolboy behaviour and double standards and have the sense to vote for the deserved winner.
    Who is ??????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

:confused: Why would anybody want to watch people make shoes for 5 weeks ?

Well we've watched Bear for 5 weeks, so.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement