Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2016 (II)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Was disgusted Bear won- he really is a lowlife and I found his behaviour boring and repetitive. Constantly looking to get a reaction out of HM's.

Aubrey was my winner after she gave him the dressing down the other night. It was the most honest scene of the whole series and while some might considered it harsh- Bear was well able to dish it out so he should be able to take it.

I don't know if anybody else noticed on bbots last night Lewis and Marnie spent the whole show arguing in the background, she disappeared for a while and he stood quaffing loads of booze with a bit thick head on him. Wonder what the row was about?? Probably because she didn't hop the barrier to go to him as soon as she got out. He is so in love with himself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Amazing that so many people are getting worked up over the moral compass of a z list celeb on a reality TV show. Newsflash he is not running for president or being awarded the Nobel peace prize. I loved him as a housemate but now it is over I don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

lubie76 wrote: »
    Was disgusted Bear won- he really is a lowlife and I found his behaviour boring and repetitive. Constantly looking to get a reaction out of HM's.

Aubrey was my winner after she gave him the dressing down the other night. It was the most honest scene of the whole series and while some might considered it harsh- Bear was well able to dish it out so he should be able to take it.

I don't know if anybody else noticed on bbots last night Lewis and Marnie spent the whole show arguing in the background, she disappeared for a while and he stood quaffing loads of booze with a bit thick head on him. Wonder what the row was about?? Probably because she didn't hop the barrier to go to him as soon as she got out. He is so in love with himself!!

I didn't notice them arguing but I didn't notice Marnie, Lewis, Chloe and Heavy D all standing at the back, getting dribks and talking whilst Aubrey and Frankie were doing their Bots interview on the couch with Rylan. I thought it was so rude and disrespectful of them. Yet at the same time, what more should one have expected from them? From all the questions and interviews on BOTS last night, I don't think Lewis is genuinely interested in Marnie. And Bear is certainly not into developing anything further with Chloe, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

His GF didn't see it that way ! I doubt if Bear could manage a committed relationship, doesn't have the basic interpersonal skills or attitude for it, if his GF has any cop on she should count herself lucky to be rid of him, Chloe is indeed more his type !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Did they show the fake scene where they all went to bed? If they did I don't remember it .. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭everybodyhas1

Can only hope Bear gets a BB presenting role ;)
    till next time............

skipper_G wrote: »
    Amazing that so many people are getting worked up over the moral compass of a z list celeb on a reality TV show. Newsflash he is not running for president or being awarded the Nobel peace prize. I loved him as a housemate but now it is over I don't care

Dunno about you but he's not the type of guy I'd want to hang out with as a mate etc!

Can only hope Bear gets a BB presenting role ;)
    till next time............

:D I can imagine the collective rage among the anti Bear brigade if that were to happen

It would be like Ghostbusters 2 with the rivers of negative energy flowing beneath the streets

Dunno about you but he's not the type of guy I'd want to hang out with as a mate etc!

Nor me, but I have stated several times in this thread and the previous one. He is a housemate who should entertain me, he did that. I don't have to live with him or be his friend or be his anything. Do you not understand the difference?

Nor me, but I have stated several times in this thread and the previous one. He is a housemate who should entertain me, he did that. I don't have to live with him or be his friend or be his anything. Do you not understand the difference?
    Yes I understand the difference between entertainment and the real world , my point is that in the real world this guy is a fake, a self centred lout, so how anyone could find him entertaining beats me !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

A lot of upset people on this thread ......... sore losers ......... hilarious!!! :D

And to those who aren't going to watch BB/CBB anymore ......... adios!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Do you you find bullying entertaining, cause he certainly bullied Renee she was at her wits end over him.

If you were in that house you wouldn't find one thing entertaining about his behaviour. You'd have a laugh to yourself so if you got up in the morning and couldn't have anything for breakfast or make yourself a cup of coffee because some dickhead decided to destroy all the food for the fun of it.

There's nothing funny about him, he doesn't have the intelligence to be a funny and witty person. He's just a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

ratmouse wrote: »
    lubie76 wrote: »

I didn't notice them arguing but I didn't notice Marnie, Lewis, Chloe and Heavy D all standing at the back, getting dribks and talking whilst Aubrey and Frankie were doing their Bots interview on the couch with Rylan. I thought it was so rude and disrespectful of them. Yet at the same time, what more should one have expected from them? From all the questions and interviews on BOTS last night, I don't think Lewis is genuinely interested in Marnie. And Bear is certainly not into developing anything further with Chloe, that's for sure.
    I thought bear told chloe to pack her bikini for dubai. Did you not notice frankie jumping up and down constantly all the time every time camera was in sight

Yes I understand the difference between entertainment and the real world , my point is that in the real world this guy is a fake, a self centred lout, so how anyone could find him entertaining beats me !

How do you know what he's like in the real world? Have you met him? Seriously we watched a reality TV show, I don't know the deepest darkest secrets of his soul.

Oops I forgot he's the devil, he doesn't have a soul ;)

fin12 wrote: »
    Do you you find bullying entertaining, cause he certainly bullied Renee she was at her wits end over him.

If you were in that house you wouldn't find one thing entertaining about his behaviour. You'd have a laugh to yourself so if you got up in the morning and couldn't have anything for breakfast or make yourself a cup of coffee because some dickhead decided to destroy all the food for the fun of it.

There's nothing funny about him, he doesn't have the intelligence to be a funny and witty person. He's just a scumbag.

Your understanding of the word bullying differs from mine clearly.

MadDog76 wrote: »
    A lot of upset people on this thread ......... sore losers ......... hilarious!!! :D

It really is hilarious man, people talking about morals this and role model that. All over a TV show. Anyway I enjoyed the show and final night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Couple of threads about Lewis and Marnie on DS. Defo some agro.... They didn't even make it to the OK magazine deal.

MadDog76 wrote: »

Not really, just have some time on my hands this morning and amused at the chat here. Couldn't / wouldn't vote in the CBB charade nor did I have a bet on any of them. Clearly though, the move of this "show"'from C4 to C5 has brought it down to the lowest common denominator - smut and loutishness sells ! That all. In the old days of C4 BB, there were some interesting characters and interactions. With C5, it's all tits & ass fame hungry "wannabe celebrities" who, let's face it aren't the most cerebrally endowed, otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

To those that won on Bears winning , congratulations on picking the winner , and happy spending :)

He wasn't my choice never had been , but his winning won't affect me in my real life . Good or bad,right or wrong , his antics in the house are what won it for him imo.

And that is my post mortem results on the show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

This thread used to be entertaining, sadly like CBB it no longer is. :(

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    To those that won on Bears winning , congratulations on picking the winner , and happy spending :)

He wasn't my choice never had been , but his winning won't affect me in my real life . Good or bad,right or wrong , his antics in the house are what won it for him imo.

You are ever the voice of reason :)

Have you had a chance to catch up with what you missed after they commandeered the TV?

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Antics , which if by any of the other housemates, would have seen them removed. CBB realised they were on to something with Bear and gave him carte blanche to do as he wanted , however obnoxious he might get or however nasty he might treat his fellow housemates. That why he win it , because CBB wanted it that way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't think people get it.

The only reason certain people consider Bear to be the most entertaining" was because he was on the screen 95% of the time.

The only reason he was on 95% of the time was because C5 Big Brother is a travesty borne out of scripted playacting, fake showmances, fake feuds and a certain ensemble of people going in with nothing on their cv but reality show credentials. It is the complete antithesis of what the old BB uses to be, with no script, bare manipulation and just real characters with the odd playacter who was always easily spotted.

The only reason C5 have gone down this road is because this horrid scripted reality circuit dominates the red tops and a certain denomination of people love this stuff, are entertained by repetitive childish zero wit antagonising of others. It attracts a certain publicity and a certain people fall for it. These are the sort of people who waste their credit voting for a village idiot to win a show.

The only reason Bear was chosen to fill that criteria as the guy is as thick as two bricks and was willing to sell his soul for this and fulfilled the Channel 5 drama slot (the Perez, the Helen, the Marc slot) this year. He was clearly being directed somewhat, toleration by the producers showed that. There was 3 scenes (maybe more) alone where he done the same party trick of smashing eggs. His vocabulary was limited to "the ump" and "roofless"
    He was a complete sociopath with no level of ability to converse in a mature manner, no ability to comprehend, no ability to acknowledge right from wrong. He is also delusional, has zero empathy towards others and is extremely passive aggressive and is a wimp with no backbone.
    He is essentially a cretin. I was convinced he had to be in complete character mode but I genuinely think now there is something wrong with him. Even his parents were intimidated by his playacting. Its sad to be honest!

Sadly BB is finished now as the show it was sold to us as and this is what is left.
    Certain posters will use the cliche mantra "its only a show". And it bloody well is . But it is the general emphasis on what people now perceive as entertaining and funny is my point.

Anyway, the monster is created!

This thread used to be entertaining, sadly like CBB it no longer is. :(

I don't necessarily agree with that, people have always had different opinions about HM's and we accept and discuss that. Along the way we have a bit of craic.

However I did feel on a few occasions this series that some people went out of their way to be disrespectful of other people and there a few occasions when I felt tired of coming in here just to be attacked yet again because I was pro Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Anyone that finds nasty, vindictive behaviour entertaining, and think that the winner is deserving ............ well, glad you got your kicks from this series

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just read all these begrudging posts about my winner from day one. "Bear". I am delighted he won . I found him entertaining and great tv. He got 12 grand which he well and truly earned. He let his cover down with rylan ( the impartial interviewer ) last night about his love and respect for his mother . .......However I do understand your sentiments and annoyance . Because if either frankie or aubrey had won last night I would be furious and in a foul mood as well.

You are ever the voice of reason :)

Have you had a chance to catch up with what you missed after they commandeered the TV?

I watched Bears interview with emma and thought he really was avoiding giving a straight answer to most of the questions,would loved to have seen him be himself , then again maybe Bear was being himself ? I don't know anyway :)

I don't necessarily agree with that, people have always had different opinions about HM's and we accept and discuss that. Along the way we have a bit of craic.

However I did feel on a few occasions this series that some people went out of their way to be disrespectful of other people and there a few occasions when I felt tired of coming in here just to be attacked yet again because I was pro Bear.

I love this thread, and all the previous BB threads . I do agree with you that this series, some of the posts were against the poster , not the post , which made it personal imo, and took some of the fun out of the thread.
    None of us know each other except from on here so to make an assumption on someone from a post is a bit off the mark .

And before the guns come out , yes we make assumptions on the Celebs , but that's from their behaviour we are watching on tv,not the same i don't think :)

I would have liked Aubrey to have won, mainly because of the way she literally neutered Bear towards the end of the series - for only the second time the series he squirmed in the face of her spot on criticism of him - made him look very small indeed ! His first squirm was the diary room incident where macho man Bear was tearing down the door until he saw who was behind it ! That security guy really made "The Bear" look very sheepish indeed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I don't think people get it.

The only reason certain people consider Bear to be the most entertaining" was because he was on the screen 95% of the time.

The only reason he was on 95% of the time was because C5 Big Brother is a travesty borne out of scripted playacting, fake showmances, fake feuds and a certain ensemble of people going in with nothing on their cv but reality show credentials. It is the complete antithesis of what the old BB uses to be, with no script, bare manipulation and just real characters with the odd playacter who was always easily spotted.

The only reason C5 have gone down this road is because this horrid scripted reality circuit dominates the red tops and a certain denomination of people love this stuff, are entertained by repetitive childish zero wit antagonising of others. It attracts a certain publicity and a certain people fall for it. These are the sort of people who waste their credit voting for a village idiot to win a show.

The only reason Bear was chosen to fill that criteria as the guy is as thick as two bricks and was willing to sell his soul for this and fulfilled the Channel 5 drama slot (the Perez, the Helen, the Marc slot) this year. He was clearly being directed somewhat, toleration by the producers showed that. There was 3 scenes (maybe more) alone where he done the same party trick of smashing eggs. His vocabulary was limited to "the ump" and "roofless"
    He was a complete sociopath with no level of ability to converse in a mature manner, no ability to comprehend, no ability to acknowledge right from wrong. He is also delusional, has zero empathy towards others and is extremely passive aggressive and is a wimp with no backbone.
    He is essentially a cretin. I was convinced he had to be in complete character mode but I genuinely think now there is something wrong with him. Even his parents were intimidated by his playacting. Its sad to be honest!

Sadly BB is finished now as the show it was sold to us as and this is what is left.
    Certain posters will use the cliche mantra "its only a show". And it bloody well is . But it is the general emphasis on what people now perceive as entertaining and funny is my point.

Anyway, the monster is created!

Didn't bother reading your post (too long!) but I will say this ........ Bear in mind that it's only a show.

• Advertisement

Antics , which if by any of the other housemates, would have seen them removed. CBB realised they were on to something with Bear and gave him carte blanche to do as he wanted , however obnoxious he might get or however nasty he might treat his fellow housemates. That why he win it , because CBB wanted it that way !

For sure they had their editing down to a fine art in excluding the other HM's from most of the clips :) And they let him do what he wanted and bent the rules for him.

But it was the voting public that chose him as their winner , I wouldn't vote for someone I didn't like , but they obviously loved him as the result last night showed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement