Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2016 (II)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

skipper_G wrote: »
    I don't necessarily agree with that, people have always had different opinions about HM's and we accept and discuss that. Along the way we have a bit of craic.

However I did feel on a few occasions this series that some people went out of their way to be disrespectful of other people and there a few occasions when I felt tired of coming in here just to be attacked yet again because I was pro Bear.

Understandably people are going to have different opinions but I felt there was a nastiness on the thread this series that wasn't there previously. Last year posters had very different views on Marc O'Neill and those different views were respected and, as you said, we had a bit of craic along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Didn't bother reading your post (too long!) but I will say this ........ Bear in mind that it's only a show.

why in gods name would you reply to a post you "didn't" read. Anytime you reply to me its with a smart alec answer!! Its boring ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

why in gods name would you reply to a post you "didn't" read. Anytime you reply to me its with a smart alec answer!! Its boring ;)

:eek: Ruthless!!! :(

:eek: Ruthless!!! :(

The "troof" 'urts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Understandably people are going to have different opinions but I felt there was a nastiness on the thread this series that wasn't there previously. Last year posters had very different views on Marc O'Neill and those different views were respected and, as you said, we had a bit of craic along the way.

Hopefully the next series has a better mix of HM's and a less polarising central figure than Bear. Or even better Hulkster, then you can all watch and laugh at me and deco losing our minds on a daily basis

• Advertisement

The "troof" 'urts

*puts hands up in the air* "ooooooh it's just a game, i'm just sayin"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Just picture Bear or similar as a student in class. Would anyone here as his teacher or tutor feel his behaviour was appropriate or acceptable ? A teacher's worst nightmare. Only difference is that in a classroom scenario he would be expelled, whereas in CBB and here among his supporters he's applauded and sure he's a " great fella " having a bit if fun !
    Would anyone here agree that he was a positive influence on young people watching it , do as you want as long as you can get away with it - that's the message of Bear. As is pointed out here , it's only a show, but out there in the real world, there are people who really do think Bear is a great guy !! People voted for him ( unless that was rigged too, just like everything else Bear related in CBB)

The "troof" 'urts

Bear Won CBB .......... that's the truth ......... are you hurt? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Haven't watched the whole series. It is a bit disheartening that bb has gone that way but that's kind of the way it is now and I think it slowly started as early as series 4, the year known as the most boring because all the hms got along and seemed nice enough. The next series had the infamous fight night.

I think the only person who could have won against Bear would have been James Whale. When he poured the coffee over Bear, you could see that he would be able to handle him but I think James needed a bit of support at the time from the other housemates and had they supported him, I think he would have been able to put Bear in his place. Instead after that incident James took a step back and you couldn't really blame him. Probably knew that he would have to stoop fairly low to take on Bear. Bear is that type that seems to have no shame so will continously come back for more if he is outdone.

Just picture Bear or similar as a student in class. Would anyone here as his teacher or tutor feel his behaviour was appropriate or acceptable ? A teacher's worst nightmare. Only difference is that in a classroom scenario he would be expelled, whereas in CBB and here among his supporters he's applauded and sure he's a " great fella " having a bit if fun !
    Would anyone here agree that he was a positive influence on young people watching it , do as you want as long as you can get away with it - that's the message of Bear. As is pointed out here , it's only a show, but out there in the real world, there are people who really do think Bear is a great guy !! People voted for him ( unless that was rigged too, just like everything else Bear related in CBB)

All irrelevant, it was a TV show and not real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Oops, don't mind me, just quickly popped back to post the following clip from last night's BOTS.

Love or loath Bear, I don't think anyone can argue that the following wasn't the highlight of this year's CBB:

Considering its a show that is supposed to depict real people and this behaviour is applauded, hence the votes, his/her point is completely relevant. How is it not!

That is my vote for moment of the series as well. Maybe we could do a vote on our favourite catchphrase or something? There were a few boom, roofless, etc;

Oops, don't mind me, just quickly popped back to post the following clip from last night's BOTS.

Love or loath Bear, I don't think anyone can argue that the following wasn't the highlight of this year's CBB:

nah, Aubrey laying it down to him was overwhelmingly the best part, followed by Lewis getting evicted! I think I can recall a scene where Bear WASN'T in . (a distant memory, mind!) That was up there also. I'd make that one of yours number 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Irrelevant that a lowlife like Bear could win a public viewing vote ? Clearly someone out there thinks he's great ? Don't you think there are characters like Bear out there ? He is what he is - a product of real life experience . If if was all an act then hand that man an Oscar! Really though, I don't think it was an act , Bear is a product of reality, the real world, perhaps hammed up a bit for tv and the money , but I don't think he has the capacity to act that way throughout the series - he's a boorish lout - no escaping from that fact. He is irrelevant in the scheme of things but his persona is the product of his " real world" , a world most people would want to avoid at all costs if possible. The defence of
    "It's not the real world , it's only a show etc" rings a bit hollow when we see him being rewarded for his misbehaving !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Didn't bother reading your post (too long!) but I will say this ........ Bear in mind that it's only a show.

Wow. Somebody got outta the wrong side of the bed. !

You see I have a crazy notion that people have enough common sense to realise that what they see on a reality show, which has incidentally been declared fake & scripted by the very same people bemoaning Bear, is not in fact in line with the morals and beliefs their parents instilled in them from birth. If they do believe that is the way people behave in real life then it's their own choice to make, they might fail in life or they might not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

OK signing out of this thread now. Have to say that it wasn't as enjoyable as previous years, there was an element of it that I found quite irritating to be honest and didn't post at all for most of it. Don't know if I'll be back again, but probably will.

Have a great Christmas everyone and a peaceful new year xxx.

I loved all of Bear's one-liners ......... cracked me up!

Loved Aubrey's rant in the DR about how boring James is .........

Loved when Renee said to Frankie "Don't worry, you can try again on Big Brother Norway."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I thought bear told chloe to pack her bikini for dubai. Did you not notice frankie jumping up and down constantly all the time every time camera was in sight

The 4 of them were having full blown conversations with their backs turned to everyone and getting drinks whilst the interview was taking place .it was beyond rude. They completely tuned out and did their own thing. Frankie did not do anything rude during anyone's interview. He was attentive. He jumped up + down loads during other parts of the bots show. Considering Bear spent his entire time in the house jumping around and hogging camera time, I would have thought you would have been fully "entertained" by Frankie's jumping and excitement. Isn't that what you and all the other Bear fans find entertaining?

• Advertisement

So glad the security won the trophy as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah why is this turning into a fending and proving match? It should be all laughs and jokes , it's over , take it no party in here tonight at this rate :(

Have a great day all , stay safe .

I don't think people get it.

The only reason certain people consider Bear to be the most entertaining" was because he was on the screen 95% of the time.

The only reason he was on 95% of the time was because C5 Big Brother is a travesty borne out of scripted playacting, fake showmances, fake feuds and a certain ensemble of people going in with nothing on their cv but reality show credentials. It is the complete antithesis of what the old BB uses to be, with no script, bare manipulation and just real characters with the odd playacter who was always easily spotted.

The only reason C5 have gone down this road is because this horrid scripted reality circuit dominates the red tops and a certain denomination of people love this stuff, are entertained by repetitive childish zero wit antagonising of others. It attracts a certain publicity and a certain people fall for it. These are the sort of people who waste their credit voting for a village idiot to win a show.

The only reason Bear was chosen to fill that criteria as the guy is as thick as two bricks and was willing to sell his soul for this and fulfilled the Channel 5 drama slot (the Perez, the Helen, the Marc slot) this year. He was clearly being directed somewhat, toleration by the producers showed that. There was 3 scenes (maybe more) alone where he done the same party trick of smashing eggs. His vocabulary was limited to "the ump" and "roofless"
    He was a complete sociopath with no level of ability to converse in a mature manner, no ability to comprehend, no ability to acknowledge right from wrong. He is also delusional, has zero empathy towards others and is extremely passive aggressive and is a wimp with no backbone.
    He is essentially a cretin. I was convinced he had to be in complete character mode but I genuinely think now there is something wrong with him. Even his parents were intimidated by his playacting. Its sad to be honest!

Sadly BB is finished now as the show it was sold to us as and this is what is left.
    Certain posters will use the cliche mantra "its only a show". And it bloody well is . But it is the general emphasis on what people now perceive as entertaining and funny is my point.

Anyway, the monster is created!

Agreed X 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I don't think people get it.

The only reason certain people consider Bear to be the most entertaining" was because he was on the screen 95% of the time.

The only reason he was on 95% of the time was because C5 Big Brother is a travesty borne out of scripted playacting, fake showmances, fake feuds and a certain ensemble of people going in with nothing on their cv but reality show credentials. It is the complete antithesis of what the old BB uses to be, with no script, bare manipulation and just real characters with the odd playacter who was always easily spotted.

The only reason C5 have gone down this road is because this horrid scripted reality circuit dominates the red tops and a certain denomination of people love this stuff, are entertained by repetitive childish zero wit antagonising of others. It attracts a certain publicity and a certain people fall for it. These are the sort of people who waste their credit voting for a village idiot to win a show.

The only reason Bear was chosen to fill that criteria as the guy is as thick as two bricks and was willing to sell his soul for this and fulfilled the Channel 5 drama slot (the Perez, the Helen, the Marc slot) this year. He was clearly being directed somewhat, toleration by the producers showed that. There was 3 scenes (maybe more) alone where he done the same party trick of smashing eggs. His vocabulary was limited to "the ump" and "roofless"
    He was a complete sociopath with no level of ability to converse in a mature manner, no ability to comprehend, no ability to acknowledge right from wrong. He is also delusional, has zero empathy towards others and is extremely passive aggressive and is a wimp with no backbone.
    He is essentially a cretin. I was convinced he had to be in complete character mode but I genuinely think now there is something wrong with him. Even his parents were intimidated by his playacting. Its sad to be honest!

Sadly BB is finished now as the show it was sold to us as and this is what is left.
    Certain posters will use the cliche mantra "its only a show". And it bloody well is . But it is the general emphasis on what people now perceive as entertaining and funny is my point.

Anyway, the monster is created!

Great post, couldn't agree more. Anyway, not getting involved in any silly arguments in here, *holds hands up* 'No dramas'. It's been fun folks, be well.

Just got 130 euro. From my bet. Cheers bear. Loved you from day one. Well done. And thanks for best entertainment in years. Also mam of 4 and collyflower I knew we had differing points of view re the contestants. Thanks for respecting my views as I did yours and not been aggressive as I found some other posters to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just got 130 euro. From my bet. Cheers bear. Loved you from day one. Well done. And thanks for best entertainment in years. Also mam of 4 and collyflower I knew we had differing points of view re the contestants. Thanks for respecting my views as I did yours and not been aggressive as I found some other posters to be.

So donkeykong , you have been chosen as the host for the party tonight so with all your winnings :D

Ah no , well done , enjoy the winnings :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »

So donkeykong , you have been chosen as the host for the party tonight so with all your winnings :D

Ah no , well done , enjoy the winnings :)
    If I had put 1000 on believe me we would be having a party. But the cash I won barely covers all the extra wine and fags I purchased over the last few weeks watching cbb. Ha

Nice bit of dosh, fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The terms of his relationship are his business. For all you know he had an open relationship.

We know he didn't have an open relationship. His ex girlfriend confronted him and he didn't even have the balls to do anything other than shrug his shoulders.

Why are you make excuses for infidelity?

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    We know he didn't have an open relationship. His ex girlfriend confronted him and he didn't even have the balls to do anything other than shrug his shoulders.

Why are you make excuses for infidelity?

may have to do with the username!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement